Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 09:57 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,596,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Really, I hope you're not including me in your absurd statement. I'M NOT A VICK SUPPORTER. I don't watch games involving the Falcons, don't buy any Vick merchandise, frankly spend 99% of my life not giving a fig about him (I didn't even know WHO he was before the arrest). I don't give a fig if Vick was black, white, or grey. I do however have issues with the current justice system. Recidivism is high because parolees aren't given a chance at earning an honest living so must resort to crime, often the same crime that got them put away in the first place. I've spoken about this issues on past threads and it's something that I actively tackle in real life. I see zero point in chasing Vick news around all my life and tampering with his ability to make a living for the sake of his family. Frankly, I have better things to do with my life. I'm not wishing for Vick to end up in the poor house so he can take up dog fighting again. Once again, if we're not going to allow people to attempt to rejoin society after serving jail time, then what's the point of jail? Vick is allowed a chance to earn an honest living, regardless if that living earns him $$$ and puts him in front of thousands of people. It's not as if he was going to become a bagger at the Publix. Do you people wishing for Vick's head on a stake REALLY think such deluded wishes helps any pit bull out there? Sorry, I have to live in reality where, for better or worse, we have a judicial system that says that a person is free to live their life once they've served their time. Once again, we're not a country where people are tortured by packs of dogs for committing any sort of crime. I'm too busy trying to help real life dogs to indulge in such fantasies.

What Vick did was atrocious, but let's face it, we're talking about the National Felons League here. I don't hear no where near s many people asking for the heads and careers of the rapists, drunk drivers, and drug dealers populating this sport.

Truth be told, Mr. Yuk, you can take your ASSumptions and shove them you know where. So sick of people on this forum thinking all black people have some sort of hive mind and we're incapable of looking beyond skin color. Sick of people making the same tired assumptions about me because I'm a certain skin color.
I agree with you 100%. Awesome post!!

Old 07-21-2012, 12:49 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,486,336 times
Thread closed pending moderator review.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities