U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 12:52 PM

15,241 posts, read 12,398,518 times
Default Matt Lauer

I was wondering what people thought about Matt Lauer. He is rumored not only to have caused Ann Curry's untimely departure from the Today show, but also the dismissal of the Today show weekend's host Amy Robach. It is rumored that he had an affair with her besides the rumored affair with Nathalie Morales.

News Mistress Defects To Another Network | BlindGossip.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 01:04 PM

12,530 posts, read 7,798,653 times
I don't watch him in the wee hours, but what I have seen over the years, it looks as if he "seems" like a really nice guy, but is actually an arrogant jerk.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:50 PM

11,687 posts, read 10,423,097 times
Default Thumbs down on this pretender

Never liked Lauer. He comes across as insincere. Seems like the classic backstabber. There is nothing distinguishing about this presentation. He doesn't appear to have a great deal of depth or character. He's not supremely intelligent or witty. He doesn't appear to have any class. He seems far inferior to people like Ann Curry, Diane Sawyer, the late Peter Jennings, Bryant and Greg Gumbel. He is especially pathetic when compared to Bryant Gumbel. He has always been out of his league.

I think he would be better off as a manager of a AAA office, somewhere in suburban NJ.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:00 AM

5,799 posts, read 5,754,702 times
I've always felt that he is a chode who believes his poop smells like violets.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:52 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,753,735 times
it's funny, I never hear anything positive about him yet he's still on the air.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:39 PM

11,687 posts, read 10,423,097 times
Default Different perspectives are always respected by me

I just got rep points from someone who said that they think Lauer is a classy man with good manners & good taste. Certainly the opposite perspective than mine and one that I respect.

Lauer has his fans, which is why he's still there and Curry is gone. I just prefer Curry, even Bryant Gumbel.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:22 PM

350 posts, read 327,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I was wondering what people thought about Matt Lauer. He is rumored not only to have caused Ann Curry's untimely departure from the Today show, but also the dismissal of the Today show weekend's host Amy Robach. It is rumored that he had an affair with her besides the rumored affair with Nathalie Morales.
I like Matt. Rumors are rumors. Amy Robach is as dumb as a rock. I don't know how she holds a job. Did you see the interview with the daughter of the woman whose face was ripped off by the chimp?

Today show face transplant interview fail - YouTube

Old 07-16-2012, 10:32 PM

467 posts, read 796,294 times
I don't watch the Today show anymore (for no particular reason; I just started watching other things in the morning), but I did have the opportunity to meet Matt Lauer in person once. I drive for a limo company based in Westchester county, just north of NYC. One time I was sent to his apartment building on the east side of Manhattan to pick him up and drive him to Westchester County Airport, where he was leaving on a private jet to go off on one of his "Where in the world is Matt Lauer" adventures.

Before I met him, he did give the impression of someone who might be arrogant, but I was pleasantly surprised by my encounter with him. He was very pleasant and down-to-earth, and didn't mind talking to me about his growing up in Greenwich, CT, as I grew up in a nearby town over the border in NY and went to Greenwich quite a bit when I lived in that part of Westchester.

It's hard to say which is his true persona, but for that one day at least, I came away with a favorable impression of him.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:39 AM

8,257 posts, read 10,875,118 times
The Today Show "jumped the shark" a long time ago. The show has been circling the drain since Jane Pauley left.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:45 AM

6,198 posts, read 2,681,428 times
He seems like an arrogant prick; I always thought so & haven't watched his show in years.
Just recently I met someone who worked for Matt & his wife.....and my suspicions were confirmed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities