Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 02:36 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,511,560 times

Advertisements

The Jackson brothers play L.A.'s Greek Theatre this weekend as part of their "Unity" reunion tour. But don't expect to see niece Paris Jackson showing up for the gig, unless Michael's daughter is there to picket.

The name of the Jacksons' tour seems ironic — to say the least — in light of the enormous family feud that's coming to light, with 14-year-old Paris and her 82-year-old grandmother Katherine forming an intergenerational alliance on one side, pitted against her uncles and aunt Janet on the other.

Paris Jackson Takes The Offensive, Lashes Out In Shocking Jackson Family Feud | Stop The Presses! (NEW) - Yahoo! Music
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 06:07 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,712,582 times
I'm not surprised... they all want a piece of whatever Michael had. What they fail to realize is that if Michael died intestate (highly unlikely), every single thing he had (after paying off all his debt) goes equally to his children.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:51 AM

2,885 posts, read 5,232,969 times
What's so shocking about this? The Jackson family has been feeding off of Michael since he was 5 years old. There's a reason he kept his distance and wouldn't speak to his siblings for years on end. Many people don't know this but Michael paid for all his nieces and nephews' education, he paid his parents' rent, he paid his family's medical bills, he even paid for Jermaine's ex-wife and his kids (who were living with Katherine) so Jermaine didn't have to pay child support, he gave his mother tens of thousands of dollars every month to support herself (which she was known to give away to the rest of the family), etc. Enough is enough. Michael made it clear in his will that he wants his money to go to his mother and children. His siblings should just respect that. And they have the nerve to say: "This has to stop now: No more! Your heartless pursuit of wealth, fame and power is at the expense of our family, whose deepest desire is to give the world a gift of hope, love and unity through our music." Can you say irony? Why did it take the brothers 30 years to get back on the road again? And they talk about "their family" as if Katherine and MJ's children are no part of it? SMH this family is a mess.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:59 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,580,513 times
Mountain out of a molehill. Sensationalism at it's best.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:43 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,134,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
What's so shocking about this? The Jackson family has been feeding off of Michael since he was 5 years old. There's a reason he kept his distance and wouldn't speak to his siblings for years on end. Many people don't know this but Michael paid for all his nieces and nephews' education, he paid his parents' rent, he paid his family's medical bills, he even paid for Jermaine's ex-wife and his kids (who were living with Katherine) so Jermaine didn't have to pay child support, he gave his mother tens of thousands of dollars every month to support herself (which she was known to give away to the rest of the family), etc. Enough is enough. Michael made it clear in his will that he wants his money to go to his mother and children. His siblings should just respect that. And they have the nerve to say: "This has to stop now: No more! Your heartless pursuit of wealth, fame and power is at the expense of our family, whose deepest desire is to give the world a gift of hope, love and unity through our music." Can you say irony? Why did it take the brothers 30 years to get back on the road again? And they talk about "their family" as if Katherine and MJ's children are no part of it? SMH this family is a mess.
And Janet obviously knew she was the next in line to become of Bank of the Jackson family. That's why she hoped on the bandwagon to prevent it.

The only reason Michael left money for his mother was because she is raising the kids.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
And Janet obviously knew she was the next in line to become of Bank of the Jackson family. That's why she hoped on the bandwagon to prevent it.

The only reason Michael left money for his mother was because she is raising the kids.
I don't think that's true because he gave her money every month before he died. Michael adored his mother, it was the rest of his family he distanced himself from.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:34 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,758,365 times
I wonder who is 2nd in line to raise the children should their grandmother become ill or die.?.?

Old 07-22-2012, 11:58 AM

10,022 posts, read 9,476,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I wonder who is 2nd in line to raise the children should their grandmother become ill or die.?.?
Fred Willard?

Old 07-22-2012, 12:11 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,511,560 times
Authorities: Katherine Jackson Missing but Safe

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities said Sunday they believe Katherine Jackson, the mother of Michael Jackson and the guardian of his three minor children, is safe in Arizona with family members after she was reported missing.

Authorities: Katherine Jackson missing but safe | Story | Wonderwall

Old 07-22-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Authorities: Katherine Jackson Missing but Safe

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities said Sunday they believe Katherine Jackson, the mother of Michael Jackson and the guardian of his three minor children, is safe in Arizona with family members after she was reported missing.

Authorities: Katherine Jackson missing but safe | Story | Wonderwall
Who is taking care of the children? From Paris' Twitter:

Paris Jacksoη@ParisJackson
yes , my grandmother is missing . i haven't spoken with her in a week i want her home now .

if anybody sees my grandmother , please call the authorities or this number— (818)-876-0186 it's the security number .. thank you so much

Michael Jackson@_MlCHAELJACKSON
Please help bring Mrs. Jackson home.
Retweeted by Paris Jacksoη

the same doctor that testified on behalf of dr murray saying my father was a drug addict (a lie) is caring for my grandmother... just saying

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities