U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 04:41 PM

27,996 posts, read 46,373,100 times

Advertisements

She might have been one of the world's premier sex symbols, but Marilyn Monroe was plagued with well-documented personal insecurities -- among them the possibility she might be a lesbian, a new book alleges.

Author Lois Banner describes Monroe's doubts about her sexuality in her new book, "Marilyn: The Passion and the Paradox," an extract of which has been published in The Guardian.

Marilyn Monroe A Lesbian? Hollywood Icon Had Affairs With Women, New Book Alleges
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 10:14 PM

38,687 posts, read 45,060,825 times
Anything to sell a book. More trash that a dead person can't defend for themselves.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:37 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,374,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Anything to sell a book. More trash that a dead person can't defend for themselves.

they could have at least had her sharing her love muffin with anyone except Joan Crawford I mean come on................

Old 07-27-2012, 10:59 PM

12,983 posts, read 12,575,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
they could have at least had her sharing her love muffin with anyone except Joan Crawford I mean come on................
Eww, seriously. I believe she liked men, but who knows, she might have liked women, too. Just seems like we'd have heard something before now!

Old 07-27-2012, 11:10 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,774,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I agree, Joan Crawford ??????????

Old 07-27-2012, 11:23 PM

17,579 posts, read 21,763,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
She might have been one of the world's premier sex symbols, but Marilyn Monroe was plagued with well-documented personal insecurities -- among them the possibility she might be a lesbian, a new book alleges.

Author Lois Banner describes Monroe's doubts about her sexuality in her new book, "Marilyn: The Passion and the Paradox," an extract of which has been published in The Guardian.

Marilyn Monroe A Lesbian? Hollywood Icon Had Affairs With Women, New Book Alleges

I think fro everything that I have read about her, which is substantial; that she suffered fro Boarderline Personality Disorder. (BPD)

Often people with BPD suffer fro sexuality confusion. They are not actually Gay, but they are indiscriminate in who they bed down with. They like sex, and nymphomania is another trait.

Ms. Monroe's history or abuse, multiple care givers, being a foster child, rejected by her mentally ill mother, and her tenure in an orphanage would all point to this diagnosis and perhaps to reactive attachment disorder. (RAD)

She was a very troubled and sad figure, albeit very beautiful and talented. I do not think that she was a true lesbian. I am sure she might have had those experiences.

I'm also sure that she suffered sexual abuse as a child and teenager. Typical of women with BPD.

Last edited by sheena12; 07-27-2012 at 11:44 PM..

Old 07-28-2012, 05:23 PM

14,752 posts, read 27,531,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Well put. So sad that people have to be trashed years and years later.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:43 AM

64 posts, read 49,989 times
I've done countless research on this woman and based off her history, a lesbian affair isn't that unbelievable. She's done way worse. It kills me when want to basically erase Monroe's history and reputation in Hollywood and make her out to be all innocent and clean. Keep it real. She slept with everyone and anyone who could get her a deal. People exaggerate her career and stardom because she was beautiful and provocative in a conservative time period. Folks are in love with the idea of rebelliousness so they find Monroe compelling. The truth is she was nothing special. Contrary to popular belief, she CANNOT act or sing. She played mostly dumb blondes because that's all she could do. People want to feel sorry for her because once again, she was beautiful and to think she had an abusive childhood just melts hearts. Not as sad as some child dying in Africa I guess.

It's hard to believe people think Paris Hilton and all the other young dumb blondes in Hollywood today are far off from Marilyn. They aren't. People are just apt to defend Monroe because for one thing she was more aesthetically gifted than most women we see today in film, and was provocative and breaking sexual boundaries in a conservative time period. Having a career during the golden age of Hollywood certainly helped her as well. But if you take away the time period and her put in modern day Hollywood, you would see there is literally no difference between the two. She was a mediocre actress who got famous off her cooch and looks. Just like every other D-list celebrity in Hollywood today.

Last edited by oduval00; 07-29-2012 at 12:53 AM..

Old 07-29-2012, 11:21 AM

12,983 posts, read 12,575,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
I agree, Joan Crawford ??????????
That's what I meant with eww, seriously. I mean, does she even count?

Old 07-29-2012, 02:26 PM

10,652 posts, read 11,348,357 times
She's not here to defend herself........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or