Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 08:28 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times

Advertisements

She announces that her opening act (usually a Dj) goes on at 8pm and she goes on around 10:30pm on her FB page. So you know to come late if you don't care to hear the Dj.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 11:00 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
She announces that her opening act (usually a Dj) goes on at 8pm and she goes on around 10:30pm on her FB page. So you know to come late if you don't care to hear the Dj.
And how are people supposed to know to check her facebook page? Does she tweet that or something?

Why would anyone pay that kind of money to listen to a dj for 2 1/2 hours while awaiting the great Madonna? I guess it would make the fans appreciate her a lot more. Otherwise, that is stupid.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:58 PM

8,321 posts, read 13,450,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance750 View Post
At least she showed up. I was at a GNR concert, and Axel was about 2 hours late, was stumbling drunk, did 3 or 4 songs and walked off stage
Axel was able to sing 3-4 songs while drunk?
It sounds like you got your money's worth!

Old 09-10-2012, 06:23 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,914 times
Madonna...she needs to grow up and disappear...I'm not sure why she thinks she is so great. Some musicians do not know when to hang it up. I would have asked for my money back.

A few years ago we took my boss to see the Killers ( I'm pretty sure that was the name)...anyway the lead singer was 2 hours late...sang two songs very bad I might add and left-I have never wanted to kick someone's a^^ so bad. Thank god they gave us a full refund....

I just don't get that kind of attitude...

Old 09-11-2012, 07:56 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Madonna...she needs to grow up and disappear...I'm not sure why she thinks she is so great. Some musicians do not know when to hang it up. I would have asked for my money back.

A few years ago we took my boss to see the Killers ( I'm pretty sure that was the name)...anyway the lead singer was 2 hours late...sang two songs very bad I might add and left-I have never wanted to kick someone's a^^ so bad. Thank god they gave us a full refund....

I just don't get that kind of attitude...
And yet there are struggling bands who play their heart out whenever they get even a bar/night club gig.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:03 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,270,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
This is kind of a good point. The advertised starting time is generally understood to be the time that the opener takes the stage; the headliner's starting time isn't typically announced.

So while I personally think using a DJ as an opening act is lame as hell, as long as all advertising and promotion for the concert stated that the concert would kick off with a DJ at the stated starting time with Madonna following up it should have been expected that she wouldn't take the stage until a couple of hours after that.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:11 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
But when you think of it logically, you are paying to see Madonna, or (who ever), not an opening act, not a DJ, so why can't the performer just go on at the time of the start of the show.

Like, why do we have to wait for her to come on?
why do we have to listen to a DJ
why do we have to watch or listen to an opening act
we just want the performer, at the right time, not 2 hours later.

It really isn't a hard concept to grasp, I want to see Madonna, (I really don't) I buy a ticket because the show starts at 8, oh goodie, I can enjoy the show and I can still be home in time to get to sleep at a decent time, because it is a school night.....

but no, I have to wait for an additional 2 hours maybe more to hear some DJ that is playing music I don't even want to hear and I have to sit in my seat for an additional 2 hours waiting for this idiot to get her stupid self together and rehearse (so she says) a bit more, because me as a paying fan deserves it.

and I have a bridge to sell.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:41 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
I cannot imagine paying the money that these tickets cost these days and then sitting there 3 hours waiting for her to show up, I would be livid.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:57 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,159,568 times
Sick of this cryptkeeper's diva attitude. She treats her family members like crap too. I love concerts too and I'd be so mad waiting for brat to show up. Ugh. Over her. Retire already!

Old 09-25-2012, 05:15 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
**** you don't like her then simply don't see her. Many do and thats why she's still around and why she makes good $$$$$$$$
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities