Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 02:10 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,136,769 times

Advertisements

I hope she does not hurt anyone but that she also gets the help she dearly needs. It looks like she may have serious mental health issues.

Amanda Bynes -- Serious Mental Issues | TMZ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 08:06 PM

37,084 posts, read 42,066,642 times
Children + Hollywood = Recipe for disaster in most cases. I'm shocked that so many families are hell bent on trying to get their kids on tv or in the movies. If they like acting they should do local theater. Amanda had been in the biz for a long time.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:25 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,447,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I hope she does not hurt anyone but that she also gets the help she dearly needs. It looks like she may have serious mental health issues.

If this is true, she could be trying to self-medicate with drugs and alcohol. Hope she gets some help soon.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:14 PM

10,018 posts, read 9,463,371 times
She was pulled over on the 8th and given a warning for driving at night with no lights even though her license was suspended. Today she was pulled over in Burbank and her car was towed and she received a citation. Keep this whacko off the road.

Amanda Bynes's Car Impounded

Old 09-17-2012, 01:10 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,592,509 times
I prefer to focus on the positive things about Amanda, I like her and I think she has real talent. The transition from child star to adulthood is obviously a difficult one and she's not handling it well. Haven't seen her in any movies at all in the past few years, so I imagine she's getting rejected left and right for acting jobs which doesn't help. I'm not saying her behavior is ok, just that folks don't need to be any harder on her than any other washed up child/teenage star.....they're just people and they have real feelings and emotions and no one likes to get rejected.

No, she does not need to be driving but it looks like that has been taken care of according to the post above. If you want to see Amanda at her best, watch the movie "What A Girl Wants" with Colin Firth, it's a really sweet movie and she sparkles in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oKMDtq7uAY

Old 09-17-2012, 04:16 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,443,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
What if she had a real cigarette lighter in her hand? What if she was tired not drunk/high? This is not news it is mere conjecture.Allegedly...
umm, who puts a car cigarette lighter in their mouth with a Bic cigarette lighter held to the metal end of the car cigarette lighter like she did in the photos? Try again.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I prefer to focus on the positive things about Amanda, I like her and I think she has real talent. The transition from child star to adulthood is obviously a difficult one and she's not handling it well. Haven't seen her in any movies at all in the past few years, so I imagine she's getting rejected left and right for acting jobs which doesn't help. I'm not saying her behavior is ok, just that folks don't need to be any harder on her than any other washed up child/teenage star.....they're just people and they have real feelings and emotions and no one likes to get rejected.

No, she does not need to be driving but it looks like that has been taken care of according to the post above. If you want to see Amanda at her best, watch the movie "What A Girl Wants" with Colin Firth, it's a really sweet movie and she sparkles in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oKMDtq7uAY
Hello enabler. Only reason why the cops finally did the right thing was because of TMZ's reports being carried by the national press and they had to correct their inaction via favoritism for celebrities. If she wants to smoke pot or whatever, don't care. I do care when she's doing this while driving on the streets and committing not one, but two cases of hit and run that we know about.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:12 AM

18,386 posts, read 31,510,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post

oh please, all these young stars have a song and a dance.
they should be greatfull where they are in life, making all this money....

and not waiting on a bus stop at 7am , sitting in an office for 8 hours at some unthankful job, just to get back on the bus and go home cook feed the kids and do it all over again.
so no, I dont want to hear these stars have mental issues, give me a break.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:44 AM

There are people who live in constant pain that even Lortab doesn't help. There are people who have injuries or disabilities who still manage to work full time & go home to take care of the house and family. So I don't want to hear "poor little celebrity" enabling krap! "oh it's the stress of fame"
Try the stress of serving in active duty military. Try the stress of working rotating shifts at a hospital and then go home to care for a wife with multiple spinal problems. Go cry to someone else!

Old 09-17-2012, 06:51 AM

3,703 posts, read 3,771,870 times
Sad really. She's a really talented girl, and she's blowing it. I hope she gets her sh*t together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities