U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 10:12 PM

8,117 posts, read 5,791,567 times

Advertisements

Geeze. Talk about fake outrage over two two-bit actresses and their opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 10:42 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,904,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
You ever see Renaissance Man with Danny Devito? She was the black chick in that movie too.

no. I guess I need to watch more movies

Old 10-30-2012, 12:19 AM

1,199 posts, read 2,187,996 times
They are actors. As in attention seekers. All of them. They make a living at this. Most "controversies" that involve celebrities are as scripted as the next film they are auditioning for. This whole thing is Public Relations 101. Literally. I am sure that Stacey and Vivica's PR people will get a raise for this.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:32 AM

21,698 posts, read 23,569,502 times
Celebrities are giving their opinions all the time. People can listen to them or not. Their choice. I don't think Vivica Fox has any business criticizing Stacy Dash for giving hers. Unless both are speaking up just for the sake of publicity. I don't remember Dash doing anything since "Clueless" the movie and the TV show or "Renaissance Man" and what has Fox been in lately?

But still, one criticizing the other for supporting a candidate is pretty lame. It's not going to influence anyone else's vote I am certain.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:56 AM

10,691 posts, read 11,662,851 times
Stacey Dash Poses with Paul Ryan | Black America Web

If this was Obama, no one would have a problem.....

Old 10-31-2012, 06:44 AM

12,256 posts, read 16,169,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Stacey Dash Poses with Paul Ryan | Black America Web

If this was Obama, no one would have a problem.....
I actually think she would have gotten much less feedback if her orginal endorsement looked like this one. Although some nonblack celebs have taken a few jabs for supporting Obama.

The difference is that with black people it gets SO much more attention. Why? Because the media knows there are black people like you who will pick up the story and run with it. "Uncle Tom" and "slaves to the Democratic party" blah blah blah. Nobody hates black people more than other black people. Do you really believe that media REALLY cares about Stacey Dash? Of course not but they're counting on black people to keep following the story, keep reading the websites, keep the story going. Do you see them asking Julia Roberts about how she feels about ANY other celebs? Of course not, that's why they chose Fox. She's just as low on the Hollywood totem pole as Dash.

But keep on breathing life into this HUGE attack on Dash. I'm sure she's all stressed out about her name being everywhere.

Last edited by nat_at772; 10-31-2012 at 06:58 AM..

Old 10-31-2012, 11:42 AM

Hey........How about this "classy" Obama support from Lisa Raye! Think people will talk about how THIS was done??? TOPLESS!
Quote:

Now Lisa Raye has taken a similar route to show her support for Obama’s re-election saying “I Got Obama’s Back” while posing topless on a teacher’s desk in a new photo campaign. Do you think Vivica would have anything to say about Lisa Raye?

Think Michelle Obama likes naked female celebs painting her husband's face on their naked bodies??

And to think some of you had faux outrage over a "swimsuit"?? Liberals! SMH

Let the rancor begin on Lisa Raye!!! "cricket" "cricket"............

Old 10-31-2012, 03:42 PM

12,256 posts, read 16,169,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Hey........How about this "classy" Obama support from Lisa Raye! Think people will talk about how THIS was done??? TOPLESS!

Think Michelle Obama likes naked female celebs painting her husband's face on their naked bodies??

And to think some of you had faux outrage over a "swimsuit"?? Liberals! SMH

Let the rancor begin on Lisa Raye!!! "cricket" "cricket"........
Actually there weren't crickets. Many women, especially black women, thought that Raye's endorsement was beyond tacky. But a black woman supporting the black president really isn't news so white media is not going to give it the attention they gave Dash. In fact there are other forums similar to this one where black women are expressing how tired they are of black women pulling these ghetto PUBLICITY stunts.

I really can't believe you're so caught up by publicity stunts and media engineering.

Its obvious that Raye's little photo shoot is in response to Stacey Dash...who is doing a wonderful job of promoting her upcoming album while defending her right to vote.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
Actually there weren't crickets. Many women, especially black women, thought that Raye's endorsement was beyond tacky. But a black woman supporting the black president really isn't news so white media is not going to give it the attention they gave Dash. In fact there are other forums similar to this one where black women are expressing how tired they are of black women pulling these ghetto PUBLICITY stunts.

I really can't believe you're so caught up by publicity stunts and media engineering.

Its obvious that Raye's little photo shoot is in response to Stacey Dash...who is doing a wonderful job of promoting her upcoming album while defending her right to vote.

Oh...it's news when done that way!

Post a link to the sight where they are lighting up Lisa Raye for this......

That no one will buy.....

How is this going to sell records?? That theory makes no sense! "Get my people to hate me so that they will buy my album??" That is a silly theory........

Old 10-31-2012, 07:39 PM

17,611 posts, read 18,978,481 times
Look people...this is probably the smartest thing that Stacey Dash has done in years. She recently went through her third divorce and she had been fired from her last paying job on the show Single Girls for being difficult (never seen that show you say? no worries not many people have) And she is now on the radar of Faux News and will probably land a nice, wealthy Republican husband out of this brouhaha...more power to her. But really....why do we care?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities