Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2013, 08:08 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times

Advertisements

Makes me think of one of my favorite movies,

"North by Northwest"

The both of them are two retards and need a good smack.

Actually it is quite cruel to do that to a child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 09:42 AM

803 posts, read 1,878,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swbrotha100 View Post
Maybe they'll rename her "Knorth West"

So celebrities and non celebrities all want to give their kids "unique" names. And by unique, I mean ridiculous.

wow i wouldnt be surprised/. although i think its kinda cool.
and yes .. so many names, adorable baby names .. but north... i probably couldnt even name a dog north. i really hope they reconsider. Nori is cute tho.

why not Kallie? isnt that the state they are both from? (California)

Kallie North Easton West
(acronym KNEW)

i think that name is so much better.. it satisfies the wierdness of North and directions..and it keeps the k curse going!

Old 06-21-2013, 09:47 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Ugh, "North"? You're gonna name that kid after one of the worst movies ever. Every time I hear it now, I'm going to think about Ebert's zero-star review: ""I hated this movie. Hated, hated, hated, hated, hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it."

Funny, he could be talking about the Kardashian show...

They should rename the movie to, "Back When They Had Hair!"

Old 06-21-2013, 11:01 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,817 times
Did they really give it a thought?
this poor kid is going to be laughed at all her life...

Old 06-21-2013, 12:02 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,339,180 times
Am I the only one that like "Kadence Donda West" as a name? It was relatively normal for a Hollywood name and it paid tribute to Kanye's late mother. Alas, they went the dumb, self centered route.

Now waiting for South West and East West to pop out.

And waiting for the first disgusting rapper or guy to brag about "going south on North"

Old 06-21-2013, 01:03 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Quote:
Am I the only one that like "Kadence Donda West" as a name? It was relatively normal for a Hollywood name and it paid tribute to Kanye's late mother. Alas, they went the dumb, self centered route.

And waiting for the first disgusting rapper or guy to brag about "going south on North"
In late night interview shows Kim said the middle name would be Donda now they didn't even give the baby a middle name.

There won't be anymore 'directional' babies remember Kim said if she ever got pregnant again she'd "hang myself & slit my own throat."

Old 06-21-2013, 01:06 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:

probably, that is God awful also.

again, the two of these nit wits need to be slapped.

who would do that to their child.

Hi this is my daughter North West.

What about going to school.

North West, are you here?

It is actually sad for the child that having these 2 retards as parents would purposely give their child a name like that.

Old 06-21-2013, 01:15 PM

803 posts, read 1,878,869 times
OmgYahoo! is saying that Kanye's ego is something else and since people think hes so egotistical and self indulgent he would go with a name like that (considering the surname) so the name was like a tongue in cheek., meant to be humerous sorta thing. haha.

Ru KIDDINg me!! if that is true, that is ridiculous! that poor kid! her parents are attention seeking dingbats. lets hope she pulls a miley cyrus and changes her name legally when she gets older. (mileys real name was destiny hope)

Anyways, the only nice meaning that could be behind North is the fact that North is always rising, going up. towards the sky, up above , in the clouds so heavenly.

again i really hope they did not name her north. Kadence was 100,000,000 times better. (kanyes a rapper , they made her together. together, in unison=cadence. k theme=kadence Kadence Nori West or Kadence Noel West

kims middle name -Noel kanyes middle name - Omari

No (from noel) Ri (from omari)= Nori.

rereading my post makes me realize i have waaayy too much time on my hands today!

Old 06-21-2013, 01:33 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,595,195 times
Looks like a god to me.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:42 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,553,167 times
North symbolizes freedom in African-American culture. When slavery was abolished in the 'North' after the Revolutionary War, Black people began looking to the 'North' for freedom. All of those brave souls who ran away from bondage in the South followed the North Star. North is a compass, a guide toward freedom. This is why Frederick Douglass names his newspaper the 'North Star'. While I will never know why Kanye West chose to have a career in Hip-Hop, the fact remains, that his mother, the late Dr. Donda West was a very educated, and accomplished scholar who taught college English, Literature, etc. for over 30 years before she passed away. She was deeply rooted in African American history/culture, and an early Civil Rights activist. I think by giving his child the name 'North', he is honoring what his Mother stood for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities