Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 01:00 PM

803 posts, read 1,876,381 times

Advertisements

i just dont understand, if they like the name nori and plan to use it, why give her the name "North" officially.

now, i can see naming her Noreen and using Nori as a nickname/ i think the name shouldve been:

Kallie North Easton West (kallie for cali -california-) North (because they are ridiculous) Easton (because kim expressed really liking that name) and West (well um yeah)

but of course we cant go around renaming celebrity babies! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 09:45 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,577,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
I love the name! It could have been so much worse (Apple, Blanket, I'm talking about you!).

They could call her little Norrie at home.

Blanket is a nickname.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:04 AM

2,430 posts, read 5,566,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Blanket is a nickname.
Really? Ok then, one small bit of redemption for MJ.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:10 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,151,319 times
I remember back in the day when Cher & Greg Allman had a son name Elijah Blue how much controversy was made over his name. Of course we didn't have social media for it to be talked about 24/7 like today either.

How about Frank Zappa's kids Dweezil, Moon Unit ?

Blue Ivy but her name was not raked over the coals why because her parents were better liked?

I don't know why they chose that name, I wouldn't, bottom line we can't do anything about it but share our dislike of the chosen name right?

Old 06-24-2013, 09:21 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,344,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

Blue Ivy but her name was not raked over the coals why because her parents were better liked?
The media had a lot of fun with Blue Ivy too if I recall. I think the main difference here (IMO) is that J & B confirmed their child's name, whilst Kimye let it turn into some huge media speculation frenzy. If they were classy at all they'd not sell baby pics but just post them online for all those who slobbering to see what she looks like.

I'm really really really praying that the reality tv bubble pops soon. I thought the whole point of reality tv was networks were saying paying writers & actors was too expensive but their paying these people millions to do NOTHING.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:59 PM

803 posts, read 1,876,381 times
Quote:
I remember back in the day when Cher & Greg Allman had a son name Elijah Blue how much controversy was made over his name. Of course we didn't have social media for it to be talked about 24/7 like today either.

I don't know why they chose that name, I wouldn't, bottom line we can't do anything about it but share our dislike of the chosen name right?

Omg, what about Pilot Inspektor and moxie Crimefighter.. i forget who the parents are but those are another batch of ridiculous celebrity names. Bret Michaels has a daughter named Jorgia Bleu. Alicia silverstone has a boy named bear blu. anthony keidis has a son named Bear too i think. Ginger spice named one of her daughters Bluebell.

names like Scarlett, Violet, Crimson, Jade, Iris, Ebony, Rose, even Lilac are not exactly the popular top 100 names like sophie and grace, but are usual color names and are beautiful. Blue isnt a horrible choice name. Although i think i wouldve liked Azzura better as that means blue and its more feminine.
color names will always be classic as most of them are flowers.

there were so many diffrent reasons i heard of Blue Ivy being named the name she was given..
one being that her name backwards was the name of a demon and that beyonce and jay z were gonna take over the world. which sounds crazy.

the most logical reason was that blue is Jay z's favorite color, and its on all his albums (the blueprint etc) and Ivy was for the number 4. Beyonce is born on a 4th and Jay z also shares the same 4th birthday except different month. they got married 4/4/2008

i personally think if they wanted to keep the name blue they should have opted for Ivy Blue but i guess it didnt sound rite. Blue Ivy sounds more descriptive and nature-y. I actually like the name Blue Ivy. but i think it needs to be one name. Blue-Ivy or BlueIvy. not your typical Maryanne but still!

i dislike alot of celebrity names. Maxwell Drew should ve been Drew Maxwell. shes a girl! maxwell is so masculine. Willow Sage shouldve been Sage Willow because again i think Willow is masculine. but these celebs have to be so different, to get attention, North West is definitley going to be getting attention. but so many celebs see any attention whether its negative or not, as good attention. even if it causes their child unnecessary ridicule.

look at holly madison, she named her daughter Rainbow Aurora. again , it shouldve been Aurora Rainbow. Aurora is so pretty and its a less used classic,, it needed to be given first name placement!..but thats just me.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:06 AM

18,408 posts, read 31,532,830 times
Blue Ivy is a stupid name
Ella Blue is a stupid name
Elijah Blue is a stupid name

and back in the 70's Susan St James named her kids "Liberty" and "Harmony"

But they are not one speck as stupid as North, with a family of the last name West.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:14 AM

132 posts, read 181,909 times
My idea of mixed emotions would be these two going over a cliff in my new Ferrari, with the odious Kris Jenner wedged in between.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:25 PM

18,408 posts, read 31,532,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alte hornise View Post
My idea of mixed emotions would be these two going over a cliff in my new Ferrari, with the odious Kris Jenner wedged in between.
I like this emotion.

but you would think her mother would say, why would you name a child that, with a last name like that?

really?

is something wrong with the both of you?

Old 06-25-2013, 12:43 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,352,516 times
Quote:

Blue Ivy got her name based on Bey & J's visit to the island of Hvar in Croatia. They visited there shortly after they announced the pregnancy.

Beyoncé's daughter Blue Ivy named honorary citizen of Croatian town - Telegraph
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities