Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 09:05 AM

2,866 posts, read 5,240,795 times

Advertisements

I haven't seen the performance yet (will probably check it out on YT later) but I thought Madonna's performance was pretty underwhelming so it doesn't take much to surpass her. At least Beyonce can sing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 09:28 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,595,195 times
It was pretty weak to start, but once the trio were singing it was much better. Too short though, IMO. She might be a good singer, but she doesn't have the booming vocals needed to own a solo performance like that.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:35 AM

19,696 posts, read 20,221,774 times
We were busy rewinding plays, so by the time She came on, we fast-forwarded her whole performance, lol.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:53 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
1. Seemed like it never got "started" until it was almost over IMO. It's hard to describe what I mean, but it just didn't really seem to build enough energy until late.

2. I don't know what the hangup is about live vs recorded. I hate hearing out of breath performers strugglin to keep up. It was awful with the rolling stones a while ago and even someone in shape like beyonce has trouble running around and belting out her best. That's why they record in studios not while doing p90x or running a marathon.

3. My wife wants me to mention that beyonce was being too overt with her gyrations and motions for something that kids watch.

4. Kelly and Michelles mikes were waaaay too low.

5. Her drummer was awesome.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:05 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Beyonce (and the other ladies) did a good job. It was entertaining, at least.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:29 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
1. Seemed like it never got "started" until it was almost over IMO. It's hard to describe what I mean, but it just didn't really seem to build enough energy until late.

2. I don't know what the hangup is about live vs recorded. I hate hearing out of breath performers strugglin to keep up. It was awful with the rolling stones a while ago and even someone in shape like beyonce has trouble running around and belting out her best. That's why they record in studios not while doing p90x or running a marathon.

3. My wife wants me to mention that beyonce was being too overt with her gyrations and motions for something that kids watch.

4. Kelly and Michelles mikes were waaaay too low.

5. Her drummer was awesome.
I watched @ a family friendly party and at one part when Beyonce placed her hand on her thigh very near her woman parts; some of the parents took their younger kids out of the room.

I was hoping they would do Say My Name so they could have done that little pyramid dance from the video or even Lose My Breath because I loved those dance moves as well. Or even Survivor just because that song was like "You don't have to like me I'm HERE!"

As far as Bey's solo numbers I knew she was gonna do Single Ladies & Crazy In Love because of the media hype surrounding them but I wasn't expecting Baby Boy...that part was a little boring for me. I would have loved if she'd done Work It Out even though I know it wasn't one of her more popular songs. Honestly I was expecting more guest performers...I thought Jay Z would pop in & do his crazy in Love verse or that maybe they would do Video Phone & Gaga would pop up.

As far as her outfit; I think she did herself a disservice by being SO exposed. I think she has a great body and some of her previous costumes have done wonderful jobs exposing her best assets without her looking like she's TRYING to be sexy. I LOVED the black & silver number she wore during her Sasha Fierce Concert but I guess she felt the need to take it up a notch since it was the SuperBowl.

Honestly though can you imagine how big this performance would have been if she had been GONE ever since she had Blue Ivy? Like if she took a break & this was the first time the public had seen her since she gave birth? I always loved come back tours because that's when the performers leave EVERYTHING on stage...it's wonderful

Last edited by nat_at772; 02-04-2013 at 11:17 AM..

Old 02-04-2013, 10:35 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,092 times
I'm not a huge Beyonce fan, but if I had to describe one word for her performance, it would be SEXY!

She looks like she lost some of that baby weight and she looks fantastic.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:39 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,287,540 times
This gal has got one heck of a body, but I kind like big built girls. After my wife jabbed me about the Calvin Klein commercial I enjoyed it even more. Madonna is more technical, but doesn't even compare to this gal's POW in your face woman!

Old 02-04-2013, 11:02 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
It was alright. I really wish the D.C. part was longer, I mean they got up there for 2.5 seconds and should've been more apart of it then that.....it's like a mini concert packed with a bunch of stuff but not very long or enticing.

I came to the conclusion that if I was a musician I would NEVER do the halftime show. Every person they get is never 'good enough.' I said the same thing last year when they had Madonna. People say they want to see the old way things were presented without all the booty shaking, rapping etc.....Okay then, when they had Tom Petty and Springsteen recently, people complained that was boring too. I think NFL should ditch the halftime show and the wasted money b/c no matter who gets up there it's almost become a rite of passage to rip on whoever did the halftime show the next day. It's pointless now. They can take the money and give it to the charity of each NFL Team's choice or something like that. Put the top H.S. marching bands back on during intermission or something.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:41 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
It was alright. I really wish the D.C. part was longer, I mean they got up there for 2.5 seconds and should've been more apart of it then that.....it's like a mini concert packed with a bunch of stuff but not very long or enticing.

I came to the conclusion that if I was a musician I would NEVER do the halftime show. Every person they get is never 'good enough.' I said the same thing last year when they had Madonna. People say they want to see the old way things were presented without all the booty shaking, rapping etc.....Okay then, when they had Tom Petty and Springsteen recently, people complained that was boring too. I think NFL should ditch the halftime show and the wasted money b/c no matter who gets up there it's almost become a rite of passage to rip on whoever did the halftime show the next day. It's pointless now. They can take the money and give it to the charity of each NFL Team's choice or something like that. Put the top H.S. marching bands back on during intermission or something.
Blame Michael Jackson. He started it.

Best and worst Super Bowl halftime shows - CNN.com
Quote:
Thanks to Michael Jackson's game-changing 1993 performance, during which he sang hits including "Black or White" and "Billie Jean," Super Bowl halftime shows became as significant a draw for viewers as the football game itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities