Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 04:13 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times

Advertisements

Wow everytime I've walked through the scanners and the thing goes off they just wave me through. It's only happened when I've bought something though. My nightmare is that one of the little theft stickers will stick to the bottom of my shoe. That was a prank people would pull at a retailer I used to work for years ago. Including just patting you on the back with them so LP would have to frisk you. Good times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 11:01 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
A celebrity that's a class act. That is rare.

I highly doubt he did it because he is a class act. He's just smart enough to know that if he would have gotten that man fired who most likely works for minimum wage that that would have been very bad press for him. By not calling the cops, he looks like the nice, albeit forgiving guy. The guys is not dumb. I'll say that.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:38 AM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I highly doubt he did it because he is a class act. He's just smart enough to know that if he would have gotten that man fired who most likely works for minimum wage that that would have been very bad press for him. By not calling the cops, he looks like the nice, albeit forgiving guy. The guys is not dumb. I'll say that.
So are you saying he did it just for good publicity?
Lets see:
Academy award winner
Gives a lot of his time and money to charity's
Married to one women for almost 20 years
Has Never been arrested/DUI or in jail
An A-list actor,and one of the finest actors of our time gets accused of stealing from a freaking deli
This was racism at it's finest,and a Class act is an appropriate title for how he handled it!

Old 02-19-2013, 11:42 AM

1,557 posts, read 3,304,277 times
I thought Forest was great in Ghost Dog.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:04 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matzoman View Post
I thought Forest was great in Ghost Dog.
He's was outstanding in that roll.One of my favorite movies of all time.
Looks like he was applying his samurai ways in the movie to real life.
Only Bad movie I've ever seen him in was Streetkings with Keanu Reeves.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:59 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
I liked him in Street kings as the corrupt police captain. His exchange of words with Hugh Laurie in the office and the end confrontation between him and Keanu Reeves was great.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:02 PM

692 posts, read 1,004,197 times
Target. two boxes of cereal. No idea why the buzzer kept going off. Told the manager he could keep the @(*!_ $5 worth of cereal. They let me by. Most definitely a class act.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:03 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Wow everytime I've walked through the scanners and the thing goes off they just wave me through. It's only happened when I've bought something though. My nightmare is that one of the little theft stickers will stick to the bottom of my shoe. That was a prank people would pull at a retailer I used to work for years ago. Including just patting you on the back with them so LP would have to frisk you. Good times.
The same thing happens to me. They go off and the employees just say "don't worry about it". Of course, I'm white so some might say that is the reason.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:22 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,121,110 times
I am in a power wheelchair and it often sets store alarms off (most commonly in book stores). It is really annoying and after the first 50 times being polite I now call attention to the person searching me "WHY are your HANDS under my SKIRT?!?" is one of my favorites; as is "Did you just SNAP my BRA?!?".

Old 02-20-2013, 09:00 AM

2,866 posts, read 5,240,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Calling the cops = spoiled celebrity, who does he think he is, etc.
Not calling the cops = manipulative celebrity, only doing this for publicity, etc.

He can't win, can he?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities