U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 10:55 AM

3,893 posts, read 5,525,333 times

Advertisements

I don't know about you, but I've enjoyed Dr. Oz. He's covered some interesting topics on TV and I've learned a lot from the content.

But now? Now he's jumped on the "lose-weight-with-no-effort-buy-my-product" bandwagon. Take this product and watch the fat melt away.

I've not read very carefully the latest weight loss product he's touting, but it seems you take it and The Fat Melts Away with no diet or effort on your part.

Well, if that works, fine. But call me a skeptic. (Unless he's selling a tapeworm). And call Dr Oz a billionaire for selling this hope to many gullible people.

How do you feel about this? Are you disappointed with Dr. Oz?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 01:56 PM

50,110 posts, read 42,556,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
I don't know about you, but I've enjoyed Dr. Oz. He's covered some interesting topics on TV and I've learned a lot from the content.

But now? Now he's jumped on the "lose-weight-with-no-effort-buy-my-product" bandwagon. Take this product and watch the fat melt away.

I've not read very carefully the latest weight loss product he's touting, but it seems you take it and The Fat Melts Away with no diet or effort on your part.

Well, if that works, fine. But call me a skeptic. (Unless he's selling a tapeworm). And call Dr Oz a billionaire for selling this hope to many gullible people.

Dr OZ is an entertainer, nothing more, nothing less. I have never seen him give any advise that I found particularly helpful. One reason programs like his, generalize and are way to short and brief. For those who enjoy him that is fine, but I don't happen to think he is worth the time to watch and now this...

Nita

Old 02-23-2013, 05:10 PM

28,567 posts, read 21,737,525 times
I think Dr Oz show is fine. It's objective is to get people to think about their health, their problems and his advice is always to see your doctor for evaluations or follow-up to what he espouses. He makes people aware of the things that may be on their minds and afraid to ask or that cause you some problems. His show is quite beneficial for the average person IMHO.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:52 PM

5,269 posts, read 4,599,453 times
I don't know about sold out but all those pop I can cure you in 22 minutes doctors on tv are there to sell a product.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:27 PM

9,717 posts, read 7,018,236 times
Yeh' I'm disappointed with Dr.Oz'''like Nita said, he's just an entertainer,,,, and (I think) he's proved to be a lousy one at that.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:18 PM

8,904 posts, read 7,456,141 times
Quote:

I agree. I used to like him when he was on Oprah and liked that he got his own show. Now I don't pay any attention to him. Don't watch Dr. Phil anymore, either, and I used to like him too.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:09 AM

8,146 posts, read 3,970,530 times
I never liked dr Oz..he seemed showbiz from the get go..not a doc I would go to. Just like Phil, all show and talk and seemed selfabsorbed.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:21 AM

7,161 posts, read 5,453,981 times
Quote:

Yes, He is acting like less doctor and more celebrity and I am afraid he might become the next Gary Null with the fiasco caused by his vitamin drink. That man was almost killed by his own product.

I was in the nutritional business for years and can tell you that all those products are not the key to losing weight. They may give a slight boost but even that is questionable with many and diet and exercise is all one needs. Eat clean, Do some cardio and weights 3 times a week and skip the quack pills. Whats worse is people take them while on medication not knowing about the possible interaction.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:48 AM

9,717 posts, read 7,018,236 times
The gary null "fiasco" was a mistake, instead of 1000iu of vitamin D (which is what he expected) the makers goofed and put 1 million iu of vit D.,,(thankfully this was found out before anyone was seriously hurt) If that discredits him, then the FDA who have approved countless harmful drugs and vaccines (and have recalled them when people became sick or died) are worse than he.,,The "quack pills" you speak of are touted as safe, as are the many, many other prescription drugs ( doctor prescribed) that most of the U.S. population can't seem to function without.....

Old 02-24-2013, 12:02 PM

7,161 posts, read 5,453,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
The gary null "fiasco" was a mistake, instead of 1000iu of vitamin D (which is what he expected) the makers goofed and put 1 million iu of vit D.,,(thankfully this was found out before anyone was seriously hurt) If that discredits him, then the FDA who have approved countless harmful drugs and vaccines (and have recalled them when people became sick or died) are worse than he.,,The "quack pills" you speak of are touted as safe, as are the many, many other prescription drugs ( doctor prescribed) that most of the U.S. population can't seem to function without.....
Many are not. Certain herbs can interact with prescription drugs or conditions, And excessive stimulants to burn fat have caused side effects as well. I was managing several stores when the Ephedra herb was banned due to harmful effects in previously healthy people. Then the "Coral calcium" hoax that showed up as well. EGGC from green tea is considered a good fat burner, However there is a cheaper and more direct way to get it. But green tea and drink it.

As a believer in nutrition, And in agreement that a good multivitamin can be a great choice I am glad I left that business years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities