U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 11:27 AM

12,421 posts, read 2,848,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Actually she is beautiful, intelligent, classy, a great Mother to her two lovely daughters, and a supportive wife to the President of my country. She is the First Lady of my country. You are free to choose a different country to live in if you cannot deal with it.
Why would I leave the country because I think she's gross? That's ridiculous. I just turn the channel whenever she is on...no biggie.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:25 PM

271 posts, read 486,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainer61 View Post
She's gross
What makes her gross to you?

Old 03-18-2013, 12:44 PM

92 posts, read 154,466 times
Although I think this celebrity pushing, attention grabbing behavior cheapens her position and is beneath the wife of the leader of the free world, I do think the pictures of her are stunning.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:01 PM

18,261 posts, read 20,552,808 times
Quote:
She is the First Lady. She will be the First Lady for the next 4 years. You have the option of leaving this country if you have such a problem with her. Peace.
You mean my country where we have freedom of speech including opinions? Peace back.

I have more of a problem how much her 50th bday party is going to cost the tax payers. I do support her efforts fitness I don't like her bangs but I mostly don't like her jaw & teeth nice dresses though.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:56 AM

557 posts, read 1,379,716 times
Quote:
She is the First Lady. She will be the First Lady for the next 4 years. You have the option of leaving this country if you have such a problem with her. Peace.
I understand she is First Lady, that is why I expected to see her in magazines like "The Economist", "Time", "Newsweek", "Globalist", "Harvard International Review", "US News and World Report", etc. The LAST place I expect to see a First Lady is in a Fashion Magazine like Vogue! This is ridiculous, she is not a fashion model or a celebrity. She is the wife of an elected official but she is behaving like a celebrity.

I don't even turn on my TV that much anymore for fear she is going to be on some show I am watching! Like a month ago or so, I got bored and turned on my TV to watch the Oscars, I was really having a great time watching my favorite actors/actress, then out of nowhere guess who appeared at the OSCARS???? You guessed it: First Lady Michelle Obama! I could not beleive it. And now I have to worry about passing through check-out lines at the grocery store because she is going to be on the cover of a FASHION Magazine? Please, give me a break.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:24 AM

2,942 posts, read 4,377,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatiana1 View Post
I understand she is First Lady, that is why I expected to see her in magazines like "The Economist", "Time", "Newsweek", "Globalist", "Harvard International Review", "US News and World Report", etc. The LAST place I expect to see a First Lady is in a Fashion Magazine like Vogue! This is ridiculous, she is not a fashion model or a celebrity. She is the wife of an elected official but she is behaving like a celebrity.

I don't even turn on my TV that much anymore for fear she is going to be on some show I am watching! Like a month ago or so, I got bored and turned on my TV to watch the Oscars, I was really having a great time watching my favorite actors/actress, then out of nowhere guess who appeared at the OSCARS???? You guessed it: First Lady Michelle Obama! I could not beleive it. And now I have to worry about passing through check-out lines at the grocery store because she is going to be on the cover of a FASHION Magazine? Please, give me a break.
Exaggerate much? Vogue is more than just a fashion magazine, judging by the headline "How the First Lady and the President are inspiring America" I doubt the article is going to be about her favourite shoes. The pictures are stunning and she looks classy as usual.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:00 AM

634 posts, read 821,604 times
Quote:
I understand she is First Lady, that is why I expected to see her in magazines like "The Economist", "Time", "Newsweek", "Globalist", "Harvard International Review", "US News and World Report", etc. The LAST place I expect to see a First Lady is in a Fashion Magazine like Vogue!
Here you go: From the Archives: First Ladies in Vogue - Vogue Daily - Vogue

She has also had several (SEVERAL) covers on Time and Newsweek magazine.

Capablanca, educating the poorly informed users of CD since 2012.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:13 AM

8,117 posts, read 5,793,666 times
Well, she's the first lady so you should expect it. She can't help it if she's asked to appear on their covers. Cover your eyes when you see them or just don't buy it. That's what most of us do when Palin's on mag covers.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:02 PM

92 posts, read 154,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Exaggerate much? Vogue is more than just a fashion magazine, judging by the headline "How the First Lady and the President are inspiring America" I doubt the article is going to be about her favourite shoes. The pictures are stunning and she looks classy as usual.

Inspiring people to read the Constitution for sure....

Old 03-19-2013, 12:09 PM

9,352 posts, read 16,776,804 times
Quote:

Laura Bush, Ronald Reagan and several other presidents have all appeared at the Oscars.....

and my goodness..... you are WORRIED you might see the First Lady's photograph when you are buying your groceries?? I wish that my life was such that I had the time and energy to worry about something so insignificant.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydogstinks View Post
Inspiring people to read the Constitution for sure....
and what does this have to do with the topic of this thread??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or