Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 08:37 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,596,157 times

Advertisements

Docendo discimus - Awesome post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 10:57 AM

1,445 posts, read 2,320,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
I thought the H&M retouching was to tone down her curves and make her look thinner (ridiculous), not to alter her skin tone. I stand corrected, though, on her not having the power in the cover decisions. You're right. I guess she does. But then, that only says to me that if GQ did, in fact, deliberately or unintentionally try to make Beyonce look "whiter" on their cover, as per the 1st page of this thread, she would have said something...point being that any accusation that she's "trying to be white" are nonsense.

Anyway, yeah, "dumb as a box or rocks" is harsh, I know. I wasn't completely serious, though. I hear what you both are saying. I just don't think that she's very articulate (Kelly Rowland is much more articulate in interviews). But ya know, it doesn't really matter because Beyonce's job isn't politician or orator. She's an entertainer, and whether or not you're a fan of her music and style, and even if you don't think she can really sing, no one can deny that she is a force on stage. Performers like her don't come around too often in a lifetime.
I think it's something to do with where she's from. She talks like every other Houstonian I've came in contact with. IMO, she's the biggest female celebrity of this generation, yet she's very humble.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:10 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
Docento Dicimus (sorry if I misspelled your name),

Beyonce may sound "dumb" because she's avoiding being too personal with interviewers. She doesn't want to divulge much about her personal life (who could blame her?). Therefore, she thinks and censors her words when she speaking. That's my humble opinion.
I would agree with you in general, which is why I was so disappointed in her HBO special. Why have a special where you're not going to share anything? I don't think the girl is dumb; I think she is severely handled to the point where she is only able to repeat carefully rehearsed phrases. That's part of what keeps me from truly liking her (as a celebrity) I'm a fan of her music but as a personality I don't think she's likable because she seems so packaged. Which is cool. It works for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
I just don't think that she's very articulate (Kelly Rowland is much more articulate in interviews). .
I agree. Kelly gives great interviews where she doesn't tell all of her business but you do get a little insight into her personality.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:06 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,788,054 times
hating the new haircut!! ewwwwwwwwwwww

Old 08-09-2013, 08:59 AM

2,866 posts, read 5,241,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Well, at least it's something different. She's had the same blonde weave for as long as I can remember.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:15 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,000,180 times
I don't like the haircut yet, but she's got the face to pull it off.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:19 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Well, at least it's something different. She's had the same blonde weave for as long as I can remember.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
I don't like the haircut yet, but she's got the face to pull it off.
I;m not loving it but I'm glad she finally changed it up a little. Its not that bad; reminds me of when she played Etta in Cadillac Records.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:34 PM

Now she looks more like her sis, Solange (an attractive lady in her own right).
How would Bey look with her natural-colored hair (same short style)?
Maybe she could put waves in it, or slick it back.

Last edited by Soda120; 08-09-2013 at 02:44 PM..

Old 08-10-2013, 11:31 PM

36 posts, read 31,623 times
a lot of black men reject black women for more mixed looking black women. this would cause anyone to be angry and resent her and black men

Old 08-12-2013, 05:47 PM

I DO wonder why she cut it so short, though. Now she can't shake her hair on stage; however, there's still her behind to shake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities