Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 09:18 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,335,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
All of them are just too "in your face" personas.
Jada is the worst. She has mellowed and her ego has deflated a little since she first came into the Hollywood scene.
Will is just too full of himself. They portray their lives as PERFECT with a HAPPY SOLID marriage. I see they push their children to perfection. Of course they are going to retaliate.

Their new father son movie looks dumb.
The only thing I have liked and endured watching was their last father/son movie.
Only because the movie was based on a true story about a man who was real and humble.

Just my opinion......
yeah I could see how Will is just too full of himself...I mean always giving interviews and thinking his movies on going to be blockbusters...sheesh who does that guy think he is; some kind of entertainer of something.

As far as how they portray their marriage; every other week the tabloid is running a story about how they're on the edge of divorce...what do you think they're going to say "oh yeah i hate will" or "jada gives the worse blow jobs ever"....I don't know too many people celeb or otherwise who throw all of their dirty laundry out to the world. I remember a either Ebony or Essence article where Jada was very candid about Will's ex & her "bonus son" and how that wasn't always the easiest relationship...I don't know why people get mad that they present themselves as a loving family...did you think they were gonna go on Oprah and start throwing chairs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 09:46 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,510,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Can we get freedom from his shar-pei facial expression in every other photo taken of him? So sick of seeing him pouting with his eyebrows and forehead all wrinkled up like he has the weight of the world on his privileged little snot shoulders. Exhibit A:

https://www.google.com/search?q=jade...w=1024&bih=672
LOL!!!

Old 05-17-2013, 10:31 AM

26,688 posts, read 41,597,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I was just thinking a few days ago how completely sick I am of the entire Will/Jada/etc. Smith family.

Seriously, don't you feel as though the parents have just stuck their children down our craws? Would those kids have gotten any acting/singing jobs without their parents? No.

Every single member of that family, parents and children, should just shut up and go away.

OK, yes, there are some members of the public who just lurve them, so fine. I'll do my best to shut my eyes and ears whenever they show up on tv/movies/airwaves.

But I do that now, and they STILL are unavoidable! No more Smiths!!!!
Would you rather read about Lindsey Lohan who is about to go to jail every week since the new millenium bagan? Oh no, you probably want to hear about Justin Bieber who is turning into the male Britney Spears story. Let's not focus on a black family with strong parental influence and kids who are not abusing illegal substances or getting in trouble with the law.

I have overexposure as much as the next person but at least with the Smith family, people who actually posess revelant talent today are getting attention. I'd rather have them over the famous for being famous types.

Last edited by The Dissenter; 05-17-2013 at 10:43 AM..

Old 05-17-2013, 11:18 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,744,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Would you rather read about Lindsey Lohan who is about to go to jail every week since the new millenium bagan? Oh no, you probably want to hear about Justin Bieber who is turning into the male Britney Spears story. Let's not focus on a black family with strong parental influence and kids who are not abusing illegal substances or getting in trouble with the law.

I have overexposure as much as the next person but at least with the Smith family, people who actually posess revelant talent today are getting attention. I'd rather have them over the famous for being famous types.

I doubt anyone commented based on the fact that the Will Smith family happens to be black

Speaking for myself--I will speak of whatever celebrity I choose to seeing as how this is a Celebrity forum.
No one would be focusing on the Smiths had they not been idiotic enough to make public their child rearing tactics; or lack thereof. Saying a 15 year old wants to become emancipated so he can buy and live in his own house is absurd. Kid doesn't even drive yet. It was only after backlash that they denied it as being true.
And your last comment makes no sense, seeing as how the Smith children are only becoming famous for being in a famous family. They certainly are not brimming over with talent.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:19 AM

18,386 posts, read 31,503,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I'll give him 2 years before he dies from an overdose.

20yrsinBranson

I'm going to say 5 years , because don't forget he will be into some sort of "depression" (the poor thing) for a few years as well, don't forget about that...

Old 05-17-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I doubt anyone commented based on the fact that the Will Smith family happens to be black
You roll your eyes but I often feel that is why people get so annoyed with them. I mean what do they do that's so different than other celeb families? They put their kids in movies...yeah so do a lot of celebs. They let their daughter sing an album...yeah so do a lot of celebs. They act like they love each other....well shame on them for not acting like a Jerry Springer hot mess just to appease to the public

I mean people complain about the way their raise their kids but why do you care? I've never seen anything that says they allow the kids to drink or smoke...and I've never heard any reports about them being nasty, rude or disrespectful so what difference does it make if they have different parenting rules? I wouldn't allow my 3 year old to walk around in lipstick and high heels but I'm not Suri's mom so I don't care. The kid seems to be well taken care of.

Will said the emancipation thing was a joke...from what I've seen of their family I think it was. Jaden doesn't strike me as the type of child who is in a hurry to get away from mommy & daddy especially when Daddy is Will Smith.

As far as the kids not being talented; I DON'T think they're talented. I think they're average kids with decent looks. But SO WHAT? Are they the ONLY people in Hollywood that are famous because they're mother/father/brother/sister is already famous? Hollywood is 80% nepotism.

I love Will Smith from his Fresh Prince days, loved his earlier movies, the last few (I am legend, Hitchcock, 7 pounds) not so much. I liked Jada on Different World; don't think I've ever cared for her in a movie. Willow's song was okay but it was for kids so I dismissed it for the most part. Karate Kid wasn't a horrid remake but I haven't watched it in full since I first saw it. So I'm not some hyper super megafan...I just don't understand the hate (especially when it's aimed toward the kids) for this family when they're doing the exact same thing everyone else is Hollywood is doing....except giving their kids stupid names like Walnut or Moroccan

Last edited by nat_at772; 05-17-2013 at 12:07 PM..

Old 05-17-2013, 12:12 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,567,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
You roll your eyes but I often feel that is why people get so annoyed with them. I mean what do they do that's so different than other celeb families? They put their kids in movies...yeah so do a lot of celebs. They let their daughter sing an album...yeah so do a lot of celebs. They act like they love each other....well shame on them for not acting like a Jerry Springer hot mess just to appease to the public

I mean people complain about the way their raise their kids but why do you care? I've never seen anything that says they allow the kids to drink or smoke...and I've never heard any reports about them being nasty, rude or disrespectful so what difference does it make if they have different parenting rules? I wouldn't allow my 3 year old to walk around in lipstick and high heels but I'm not Suri's mom so I don't care. The kid seems to be well taken care of.

Will said the emancipation thing was a joke...from what I've seen of their family I think it was. Jaden doesn't strike me as the type of child who is in a hurry to get away from mommy & daddy especially when Daddy is Will Smith.

As far as the kids not being talented; I DON'T think they're talented. I think they're average kids with decent looks. But SO WHAT? Are they the ONLY people in Hollywood that are famous because they're mother/father/brother/sister is already famous? Hollywood is 80% nepotism.

I love Will Smith from his Fresh Prince days, loved his earlier movies, the last few (I am legend, Hitchcock, 7 pounds) not so much. I liked Jada on Different World; don't think I've ever cared for her in a movie. Willow's song was okay but it was for kids so I dismissed it for the most part. Karate Kid wasn't a horrid remake but I haven't watched it in full since I first saw it. So I'm not some hyper super megafan...I just don't understand the hate (especially when it's aimed toward the kids) for this family when they're doing the exact same thing everyone else is Hollywood is doing....except giving their kids stupid names like Walnut or Moroccan

I hear ya bro.

Quote:
....except giving their kids stupid names like Walnut or Moroccan.
Who's kid name is Walnut? I hope it's a nickname like Blanket. LOL.

Last edited by fitzy24; 05-17-2013 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: changed you to ya

Old 05-17-2013, 01:06 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,744,645 times
Quote:

Speaking for myself--I will speak of whatever celebrity I choose to seeing as how this is a Celebrity forum.
No one would be focusing on the Smiths had they not been idiotic enough to make public their child rearing tactics; or lack thereof. Saying a 15 year old wants to become emancipated so he can buy and live in his own house is absurd. Kid doesn't even drive yet. It was only after backlash that they denied it as being true.
And your last comment makes no sense, seeing as how the Smith children are only becoming famous for being in a famous family. They certainly are not brimming over with talent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post

no,I don't hate on the Smiths,Nat, and I don't think you believe I'm racist. I roll my eyes because way back when they allowed the children to enter the entertainment industry I rolled my eyes. I said then that they should allow them to just be children. I feel that way about ALL celebrity parents. I think Will Smith is funny,smart and talented. Not so much Jada but that doesn't mean I'm hating on her. If they don't want people talking about their child rearing then they shouldn't be doing interviews about it. Because by doing so they are inviting criticism and comments; which they got. It bit em in their butts,as it has so many celebrities.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
no,I don't hate on the Smiths,Nat, and I don't think you believe I'm racist. I roll my eyes because way back when they allowed the children to enter the entertainment industry I rolled my eyes. I said then that they should allow them to just be children. I feel that way about ALL celebrity parents. I think Will Smith is funny,smart and talented. Not so much Jada but that doesn't mean I'm hating on her. If they don't want people talking about their child rearing then they shouldn't be doing interviews about it. Because by doing so they are inviting criticism and comments; which they got. It bit em in their butts,as it has so many celebrities.
No Pippy I don't think you're racist. I wasn't speaking of you specifically but sometimes when I hear how people talk about the Smith's it bewilders me. Like your comment about them letting their children enter the entertainment industry...people only say that about celeb kids. They have no problem with nonceleb kids being in the entertainment industry. Was anyone upset about all the kids who gave up their childhoods to film Harry Potter? Why should celeb kids not go into entertainment IF that's what they want to do? To prevent people who don't raise their children from criticizing their children? I just don't get the hypocrisy.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:20 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,510,458 times

LOL!!! Now I know where that face thing comes from!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities