Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 07:45 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,398,566 times

Advertisements

Ramón Antonio Gerardo Estévez.

Whut? I'm sure all you savvy Hollywood types knew this already. Apparently Charlie Sheen is going to use his real name: Carlos Estevez in his next movie.

Introducing Carlos Estevez: Charlie Sheen ditches stage name for first time and goes with Latino roots for upcoming Machete Kills | Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 09:28 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,981,246 times
He can change the name his mama gave him, but he will still
Be a douche bag.(Charlie)

Love looking up Hollywood people who changed their names.

Last edited by Gilah G.; 05-23-2013 at 10:48 PM..

Old 05-24-2013, 12:59 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,657,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
Love looking up Hollywood people who changed their names.
It's sometimes surprising how many are actually members of the tribe, isn't it?

Old 05-24-2013, 07:47 PM

18,469 posts, read 31,630,721 times
he is a complete skank. blech !!

Old 05-24-2013, 08:11 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,398,566 times
I don't know if he is a skank, but he had a lot of substance abuse issues. So did Brad Pitt, it seems. I have no clue what it is about actors. At least they're good at their jobs.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:37 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,384,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
I have no clue what it is about actors. At least they're good at their jobs.

Lest we forget, these are people who make a living pretending to be someone else, who earn millions by memorizing scripts and being told where to stand, when to stand, how to stand, how to walk, talk and chew gum. They don't have a personal image, they have the image du jour that was dictated by a script, a director, and a PR person. And yet people actually believe we should listen to their august opinions on all things spiritual, political, parental, and on life in general. We are an odd species, we humans.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:35 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
[/b]

Lest we forget, these are people who make a living pretending to be someone else, who earn millions by memorizing scripts and being told where to stand, when to stand, how to stand, how to walk, talk and chew gum. They don't have a personal image, they have the image du jour that was dictated by a script, a director, and a PR person. And yet people actually believe we should listen to their august opinions on all things spiritual, political, parental, and on life in general. We are an odd species, we humans.

ha--great post. I was talking to someone about this very topic yesterday. I said I was surprised at some of the choices some actors make,seeing as how they have more money than they could ever spend. Was wondering why some get wrapped up in that certain "cult".
My friend,with her infinite wisdom, pointed out most actors are no doubt not Mensa material. They are told what to do,when to do it and how to do it. Basically she said most of them are morons.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:17 AM

1,639 posts, read 5,099,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
ha--great post. I was talking to someone about this very topic yesterday. I said I was surprised at some of the choices some actors make,seeing as how they have more money than they could ever spend. Was wondering why some get wrapped up in that certain "cult".
My friend,with her infinite wisdom, pointed out most actors are no doubt not Mensa material. They are told what to do,when to do it and how to do it. Basically she said most of them are morons.
Those people are doing their jobs. Hell, most of the people in the U.S. are told what to do for a living, for far less money. They are human biengs too and just like anyone else, some will make good decisions and some will not. They have a right to stand up for whatever causes they believe in. It's the public who cannot discern fiction from non fiction.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:57 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoslade223 View Post
Those people are doing their jobs. Hell, most of the people in the U.S. are told what to do for a living, for far less money. They are human biengs too and just like anyone else, some will make good decisions and some will not. They have a right to stand up for whatever causes they believe in. It's the public who cannot discern fiction from non fiction.

well, duh at me. Thanks so much for setting me straight.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:02 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Ramón Antonio Gerardo Estévez.

Whut? I'm sure all you savvy Hollywood types knew this already. Apparently Charlie Sheen is going to use his real name: Carlos Estevez in his next movie.

Introducing Carlos Estevez: Charlie Sheen ditches stage name for first time and goes with Latino roots for upcoming Machete Kills | Mail Online

and John Wayne's real name is "Marion" and John Cougar's real last name is "Mellencamp", Marilyn Monroe's name is "Norma Jean". Why is this such an earth shattering news flash?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities