Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2013, 12:06 AM

2,720 posts, read 5,624,283 times

Advertisements

I know people really hate the paparazzi but for some reason I was never all that annoyed by them snapping photos of celebs. I am no one famous so I can only imagine being harassed by them endlessly but I get more annoyed at the reaction by celebs and how they act like they didn't expect this much attention from being famous.

There are several arguments against my claim like they're people too, being famous doesn't mean being harassed 24/7, they deserve privacy, the paparazzi deserve to be beaten.

The celeb game is an industry. These paps are doing their job and if they're not relentless in their pursuit of the latest pic then their ass is on the line because they need to produce to make a living. These celebs keep attacking the grunts on the ground snapping the photos but it's the same media conglomerates that own these tabloids that pay for the photos.

There is also the argument that they cannot even enjoy a moments peace, but I do not buy that either. You don't see celeb pics of these guys every day so I highly doubt they're constantly hounded. The word gets around that a celeb is at an event that they zoom down to get the photo, it's not like they're watching these people 24/7.

Also there are celebs that are rarely harassed and they're big stars. Once in full blue moon do you see a candid of Johnny Depp and he divorced his wife and moved back to Hollywood and I've only seen less than a handful of candid shots of him from far away. I have yet to see him slap a camera down like a baby.

And honestly, I live in Hollywood and anyone else who lives in LA knows what the mindset is of people in the industry and wannabes within it. They're not totally innocent. Their behavior toward the paparazzi, in my opinion comes less from a desire to seem them slung into the sea and more from a mentality to act pushy around them because the last celeb did it. It's group think.

Your thoughts? I am not excusing the paparazzi, they are scum, bottom of the barrel types but these celebs are just as bad with their behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 02:09 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
Aside from the house stalking, doesn't someone need to let the paps know where the celebs are going to be?

Old 05-30-2013, 04:44 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Getting a heads up or not where a celeb would be still doesn't give the paparazzi the right to be so in their faces. They block side walks, roads, businesses keeping other citizens in the areas away from doing what they came out to do.

Famous or not nobody should have to put up with intrusion like celebs do with paparazzi. Granted some celebs cross a line but I think the paparazzi cross it first.

Personally I am sick of celebrities & what they are doing hitting main stream news channels it is sickening and I wish they would not cover most of what they do.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:41 PM

2,178 posts, read 2,314,948 times
The most annoying thing is that celebrities think everyone is too stupid to know that THEY or THEIR crew are letting the papparazzi know where they are going to be.

Usually.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:23 AM

2,720 posts, read 5,624,283 times
Exactly I've read that the celebs sometimes set these little so called outbursts on the paps themselves. Sometimes they know a pap is going to be in a certain spot and they purposefully go toward them and then act all shocked that the pap is in their face.

Paps are scum but then again they're taking snapshots at celebs who in some way or another do not mind the attention. Ther are a lot of A-Listers that avoid the limelight.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:06 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,011,495 times
When the 'razzi are celebrity "pack-hunting", that would be more than annoying. Without the celebrities they wouldn't have jobs. Without the 'razzi some would be hard pressed to stay in the limelight. They may find each other to be annoying at times, but they both need each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities