U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2013, 09:15 PM

27,998 posts, read 46,408,665 times

Advertisements

A double-breasted white suit and bow tie worn by KFC founder Colonel Harlan Sanders and a signed portrait of the fast food pioneer will be featured at an Americana sale this month, Heritage Auctions said on Friday.

White suit of KFC founder Colonel Sanders to be sold at auction | Reuters
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 03:04 PM

132 posts, read 135,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
A double-breasted white suit and bow tie worn by KFC founder Colonel Harlan Sanders and a signed portrait of the fast food pioneer will be featured at an Americana sale this month, Heritage Auctions said on Friday.

White suit of KFC founder Colonel Sanders to be sold at auction | Reuters
This jogs my memory. I sat across from him on a flight from Boston to Pittsburgh, stopping at Hartford, CT, in the early 70's. I had been upgraded to first class for some reason.
He was wearing a white suit, in the dead of winter; couldn't miss him. Was traveling with a young assistant , if I recall, and was getting off at Hartford.
If I recall, he had sold KFC to Heublein Indust., and was going to their HQ in Hartford.
I'm relying on my memory of almost 40 years ago, so if I am incorrect on any details, please advise.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or