Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 04:41 PM

34 posts, read 68,712 times

Advertisements

Who cares? She's from Savannah, for christ's sake. Now are you going to call my kettle black for saying christ's name in vain? She rebranded herself after she was diagnosed with diabetes and starting cooking hearthier and she'll do the same now. I'm more concerned with Food Network rebranding themselves after pulling her off the air. She's a great cook! That's what matters. And if you're disgusted because "you've lived it" and we haven't, you need to get over it! Last time I checked it was 2013.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 05:16 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,301,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Because it goes both ways. It's hard not to feel the blatant hostility towards poor people on this forum either. Why do rich people always have to be noticed? They're the real "me" generation. And by the way, quite a few of them have cut corners immorally and illegally to get where they are.
Maybe they are people that have worked hard all of their lives to get where they are. I know that I have, and it sounds like Deen did too. Claiming they cut corners or did things illegally is just an excuse to explain why others are not successful. if you can't prove something, you shouldn't claim it.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:39 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,569,155 times
Seems a little reactionary and blown out of proportion. I think they were looking for a convenient excuse to send her packing and this fit the bill. If somebody held a gun to my head I'd probably have a few nasty things to say too.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:52 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,151,319 times
Quote:
Keira Lombardo, the Vice President of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications of Smithfield Foods, released this statement to CNN:

Smithfield condemns the use of offensive and discriminatory language and behavior of any kind. Therefore, we are terminating our partnership with Paula Deen. Smithfield is determined to be an ethical food industry leader and it is important that our values and those of our spokespeople are properly aligned.
Well how kind of a company that did sell out to China to post such guidelines to live by in America.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:05 PM

5,328 posts, read 8,516,427 times
This site has the full copy of her deposition, for those who are inclined to read it:

Here's the Racist Paula Deen Deposition Transcript - Scandals - Eater National

Old 06-24-2013, 11:22 PM

19,164 posts, read 16,585,247 times
Smithfield Foods?

Never heard of them. Must be some foreign company.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:28 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,151,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Smithfield Foods?

Never heard of them. Must be some foreign company.
Our Brands - Smithfield Foods
Check out their products that are under the Smithfield umbrella bet you'll know some of them.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:31 PM

9,001 posts, read 10,154,582 times
Hmmm, now I remember who Smithfield Foods is- the horrible company from Food, Inc.
Omg like they care about their disgusting image.....If anyone should be boycotted it's them

Btw, for whoever doesn't know who they are watch Food, Inc.
Or even pull it up on Youtube-
Smithfield Foods Food Inc.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:35 PM

536 posts, read 827,609 times
If people are bothered by Smithfield they should read what is actually considered acceptable in this country. For instance if 100 grams of food product contains 4 or less rodent hairs then that passes inspection as far as the FDA is concerned.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:38 PM

19,164 posts, read 16,585,247 times
Ugh. I looked at that site. They make a lot of processed food. Thanks, Jaxon. Happy to say I don't have a one of their products. Not that it matters but just thought I'd mention it.

I'm completely baffled why this woman's head is on the chopping block. Granted, she shouldn't have used that term in any fashion. It really is a disrespectful word but I have heard so many more offensive comments by celebrities over the years and they weren't crucified like Ms. Deen. Honestly, people are just vicious now.

Believe007, I watched Food, Inc, A real eye-opener.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities