Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 10:01 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,353,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeleenieWeenie View Post
Yes, thats right. But what I want to know; If celebs hate the flashbulbs, i.e. Britney. HOW COME she is ALWAYS out in the streets driving around every day? Now she's in trouble for having those poor kids in the back seat, running a light, turning the wrong way, doing some more dumb-ass sh*t. OMG, why doesn't she hire a driver? Why doesn't she stay at home sometimes and cook a meal instead of buying up Carl's Fatburgers or Taco Bell everyday of the week. BTW: I highly doubt she has 'narcolepsy" which is what she is supposedly taking the meds from her doctor...She dropped a dirty urine last week. Which 'speed' is given for REAL patients that actually DO SUFFER from narcolepsy. What a mess!

I don't get Britney, she clearly chooses to be in the spotlight. The girl is messed up in the head and my heart breaks for her two little boys. But I also don't believe Britney is the norm. There are A LOT of celebrities that would prefer to keep their private lives just that..."private".

It's a shame. For some reason, our culture thinks we have to the right to know and document what's going on in an entertainer's/performer's life. I don't recall it being like that 20 years ago...well not to the extent it's at right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 11:40 PM

578 posts, read 2,524,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I hate the paparazzi and I hate the tabloids...what garbage.

Taking photos of a celeb walking a red carpet, attending a function or gala is one thing, but to invade their and their family's privacy is just disgusting. Granted, some of these celebs eat this crap up, but I would bet the majority would prefer to go for a walk with their family without someone snapping their pic.
Gimme the days when a REAL MAN, ala' Sean Penn would give them a punch in the nose for overstepping the lines!
Now you've got 15yrs. old wanna-bee photogs staking out The Ivy, Koi & Mr. Chow's Restaurants to snap pics to make money. Actually chasing around town on their bikes! OMG. I can appreciate a kid being an entreprenaur but what happened to paper routes? Stock boy? after school? Oh right.... no more school days till 3 p.m WE GOT HOME schoolin'...duh

Old 11-21-2007, 10:21 AM

14,496 posts, read 26,510,816 times
IMO its trash for cash and I am sick of having to even pass this junk in the supermarket; fabricated PR, I wonder if other countries are as obsessed with this trash instead of real news?

Paparazzi feed into it, if I never see another story about Britney or Paris it will be too soon. None of the stories are believable, and frankly I couldn't care less.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:16 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,338,936 times
.,...I'm confused. Is this thread about Britney spears for some reason? Or about paparazzi.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:18 PM

I guess I inter-relate the two- they seem inseparable-lol.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:22 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,338,936 times
I liked the chicken and the egg analogy

you can't have one without the other.. but you wouldn't WANT one without the other either..

Old 11-21-2007, 01:25 PM

I'll take neither. Lol. Havent purchased or read a tabloid since 1983.

Old 11-21-2007, 05:36 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,007,201 times
Yes, they go too far.

Don't buy the tabloids, but when I see news footage of some celeb unable to walk at a normal pace because of a crowd shoving cameras in their face, or little kids actually being placed in danger because of it, it really has gone too far. There should perhaps be a law about physical impediment - blocking people from escaping, or the chases, or at least some minimum allowable distance for photogs, say 20 or 30 feet, that would at least allow room to breathe.

As for Britney - I think the paps are playing a game of gotcha and trying to outdo themselves in discovering parenting infractions. I do have sympathy for her - she has been in the spotlight since she was a little kid, I don't think she knows anything else. If anyone deserves contempt it is her mother who did such a poor job by not allowing her daughter enough childhood in which to grow up.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
IMO its trash for cash and I am sick of having to even pass this junk in the supermarket; fabricated PR, I wonder if other countries are as obsessed with this trash instead of real news?
I believe the Brits are pretty into their tabloids, with Princess Diana having to pay the ultimate price.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
Yes, they go too far.

Don't buy the tabloids, but when I see news footage of some celeb unable to walk at a normal pace because of a crowd shoving cameras in their face, or little kids actually being placed in danger because of it, it really has gone too far. There should perhaps be a law about physical impediment - blocking people from escaping, or the chases, or at least some minimum allowable distance for photogs, say 20 or 30 feet, that would at least allow room to breathe.
What I can't understand how is how it's legal to photograph and then publish photos of the celebs' children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities