U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-30-2013, 05:43 PM
 
Location: West Coast
1,199 posts, read 2,114,707 times
Reputation: 2098

Advertisements

They can share with her how they managed to make MILLIONS off of the N word, and the overall degradation of Black people, and are celebrated for it. The fact that these same rappers and comedians are Black themselves just makes it all the more ironic. Personally I am disgusted at the fake 'outrage' over this lady. Where is the outrage over the fact that this word has been in continuous rotation across the airwaves all over the globe at this point. When will American culture get out of the gutter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-30-2013, 05:57 PM
 
402 posts, read 291,346 times
Reputation: 881
I totally agree. I'm about to watch the BET awards. We were just talking about how many times we'll hear the N word. LOL

Can a rap song be written without mentioning racial slurs. Is it possible???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2013, 09:29 PM
 
8,232 posts, read 7,167,640 times
Reputation: 7752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
They can share with her how they managed to make MILLIONS off of the N word, and the overall degradation of Black people, and are celebrated for it. The fact that these same rappers and comedians are Black themselves just makes it all the more ironic. Personally I am disgusted at the fake 'outrage' over this lady. Where is the outrage over the fact that this word has been in continuous rotation across the airwaves all over the globe at this point. When will American culture get out of the gutter?
Pathetic, isn't it?

Some "own" the "word", so as long as they "own" it, they can make money off of white, etc. folks who buy the crap songs the "word" is in...it's all good! But when whitey starts singing/loving the lyrics of the song, "you need a good beat down, you racist pig".

White kids, on FB and Twitter? "Hey *****, 'sup"? Why doesn't the media contact FB or twitter and get all up in their faces for allowing the typing out of "that word" on their cell phones or computer? Because someone has to buy "rap" crap? Money makes the world go 'round.

But let's take Paula Deen down?

Can't have it both ways.

I don't have high hopes for the idiots who perpetuate the word/ issue (for money) to ever understand the issue they maintain and keep alive...and especially NOT when they get all up on their high horse b/c some white person said "that word" too. Let alone the idiots who are incensed over Paula.

Lead by example, arsehats, lead by example.

Again...can't have it BOTH ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2013, 07:38 AM
 
Location: Upstate NY
30,446 posts, read 9,097,651 times
Reputation: 28983
...or even Alec Baldwin, who can repeatedly offend any group and then count on a statement from its spokesperson that "that's not who he is" because he's thrown money at them, er.....been financially supportive in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2013, 09:16 AM
 
Location: North Carolina
3,437 posts, read 5,762,803 times
Reputation: 5234
its sick right? And they claim they say it for the sake of "artistic expression" and its discriminating to . I had heard on a tv program (I can't remember which) that its okay that they make a movie White Men Can't Jump and no on says a thing, but make one called Black Men Can't Swim and it would be racists and cause a riot. Its true, there is a double standard. And lets face it just cause you spell it with an A at the end, as the seem to do now, doesn't change diddly squat.

Fact is these people using the word who claim its not the same now and it means "buddy, friend, homie" etc now a days are idiots.. A fish is still a fish even if its in a bowl, and quite frankly the N word means the same now as it did 100 years ago. It reminds me of those religious people who make the bible fit their beliefs and their opinions instead of whats on the page. Its the same thing and those people are CRRAAZZYYYY

Lil Wayne was just seen in a video stomping and walking across an American Flag, record label didn't drop him and no one said a word. It just shows that racism is alive and well and used when its convenient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2013, 12:06 PM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
27,266 posts, read 15,053,470 times
Reputation: 20866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
its sick right? And they claim they say it for the sake of "artistic expression" and its discriminating to . I had heard on a tv program (I can't remember which) that its okay that they make a movie White Men Can't Jump and no on says a thing, but make one called Black Men Can't Swim and it would be racists and cause a riot. Its true, there is a double standard. And lets face it just cause you spell it with an A at the end, as the seem to do now, doesn't change diddly squat.

Fact is these people using the word who claim its not the same now and it means "buddy, friend, homie" etc now a days are idiots.. A fish is still a fish even if its in a bowl, and quite frankly the N word means the same now as it did 100 years ago. It reminds me of those religious people who make the bible fit their beliefs and their opinions instead of whats on the page. Its the same thing and those people are CRRAAZZYYYY

Lil Wayne was just seen in a video stomping and walking across an American Flag, record label didn't drop him and no one said a word. It just shows that racism is alive and well and used when its convenient.
Does anyone know why Food Network, Wal-mart and Target were so eager to give Miss Paula the boot?

I heard no public outcry calling for her to be fired ~ none. Not from any white or black person. In fact, most everyone is defending her.

So - why did they fire her so quickly? Perhaps our anger should be directed at the appropriate entities - the Corporations. The Job Creators. Her corporate masters. Since ALL they care about it the bottom dollar - they couldn't even wait around long enough to see what the public wanted. But, we know big business can do no wrong in this country. No offense, Paula, it's just business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2013, 06:18 PM
 
9,018 posts, read 7,952,009 times
Reputation: 14414
I suspect they dropped her because it's a smear campaign, & who knows why....?
Maybe she really pissed off somebody who's looking to destroy her now. Cause when ya think about it-- it doesn't make sense. Just think back to the frugal gourmet-- he molested boys for Pete's sake, & there was no outrage like this directed towards him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2013, 08:34 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
18,094 posts, read 20,063,548 times
Reputation: 40899
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Just think back to the frugal gourmet-- he molested boys for Pete's sake, & there was no outrage like this directed towards him.
Ahem yes he lost his PBS show and his cookbooks were pulled from bookstores I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2013, 09:27 PM
 
9,018 posts, read 7,952,009 times
Reputation: 14414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Ahem yes he lost his PBS show and his cookbooks were pulled from bookstores I believe.
Yep but was there anything close to this witch hunt ?? Where was the outrage?? Where was the media??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2013, 09:56 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
18,094 posts, read 20,063,548 times
Reputation: 40899
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Yep but was there anything close to this witch hunt ?? Where was the outrage?? Where was the media??
We didn't have social media and the news reported the news of the world, country & states not what celebrities were doing. It was wrong of him but it was a different time period with no twitter, FB, cell phones that were capable of hooking up to the Internet. Sad but true some days I think we have TMI with all the celebs but then some things need to be exposed sooner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top