U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 08:58 PM

1,463 posts, read 1,812,845 times

Advertisements

I didn't see it & I'm not male, but saw it on the news with my husband & his cousin, and they made some comments so I'll share those. I also heard a couple male co-workers talking about it, too. They said her body type isn't their preference. They thought she looked boyish, they don't like her hair cut. They said the outfit, particularly the bottom, was very unflattering & grandma looking (seems to be what most are saying too)

They also think they way she acted was gross and vulgar. The general consensous was that she was trying too hard, it reeked of desperation and was too "in your face". Co-worker said she looked scary. He also said just like bluevalentine said - gross facial expressions, bad dancing skills, also said something about nasty. The cousin made a good point (well I think) sexiness is more subtle, in his opinion - less is more. Unfortunately to get attention these days instead of being sexy it ends up being more of a trainwreck instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 09:02 PM

12,544 posts, read 11,919,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That is pretty much the sum of it........

I'm actually cringing with embarrassment for her, I don't even know this person, but it's like your drunk friend making a complete fool out of themselves.... you can't watch it....

Someone in the Music forum said there's no point in twerking if you don't have an arse.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:07 PM

38,756 posts, read 37,929,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Someone in the Music forum said there's no point in twerking if you don't have an arse.
Someone took the time to name that maneuver .... I always just called it that stupid azz shakin thing some women do.....

Old 08-27-2013, 09:09 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,268,742 times
I think she probably got across her point. She wasn't trying to be sexy, just having fun doing whatever the heck she wanted in the moment and rather glad a bunch of her, especially elders, didn't find her oozing sexuality. Same as in her video. The poor kid.

Well, I can hope she wasn't trying to be sexy anyway and just playful like in her video. The behavior in the context of the song and video isn't so bad .

Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop - YouTube

Old 08-27-2013, 09:15 PM

8,854 posts, read 7,340,095 times
When Madonna did such things, she was smooth and confident. She was more of a tease than a desparate attention *****. She can't dance. All she seems to know is how to shake her little behind. Her outfit was as sexy as a box of crayons. Throwing your tongue out like a boxer dog doesn't inspire sex appeal. She never could sing (without studio electronic tricks), she can't dance, and I never found her attractive. She should have done what other successful child stars have done in the past, leave the industry for a formal education. Learn a career upon which to fall back on if you can't revive your acting or music career.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:19 PM

42,565 posts, read 42,416,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
It was the outfit that didn't for me; it looked like something my grandma would wear back in the day. And who in the fk was that nasty dude she was grinding on in that cheesy outfit?

the whole thing looked wrong.
Robin Thicke.

Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines ft. T.I., Pharrell - YouTube

Old 08-27-2013, 09:29 PM

42,565 posts, read 42,416,857 times
I saw this guy when she danced.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tasma..._(Looney_Tunes)

Old 08-27-2013, 09:30 PM

12,256 posts, read 15,791,470 times
I felt bad for her throughout the whole performance. I'm not even sure why but I just felt bad looking at her

Old 08-27-2013, 09:37 PM

142 posts, read 438,048 times
Ok I am the OP and I didn't find it sexy either but I am not a straight dude. It's just confusing to me because guys go to strip club and pay to watch this sort of thing. So I am not sure why it was such a turn off.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:54 PM

156 posts, read 208,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug11768 View Post
Ok I am the OP and I didn't find it sexy either but I am not a straight dude. It's just confusing to me because guys go to strip club and pay to watch this sort of thing. So I am not sure why it was such a turn off.
she's has money, she has power. I want to be impressed. But instead she looked like one of the stupidest performers i can remember
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or