U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 09:23 PM

10,655 posts, read 11,353,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
so am I, and I do not agree with you.

she is not femmine looking with that horrid haircut.
she actually looks like a lesbian
Really??

This is a lesbian too.......

Ellen's Girlfriend.............."what a waste"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 02:01 AM

10,236 posts, read 13,534,151 times
Well, I'm not a guy. But I honestly, truly, find nothing sexy about Miley. She's built like a skinny man and she wears some of the dumbest-looking hairstyles. Hard to look sexy when you're wearing hair-horns on your head while awkwardly trying to look provocative and look like a horse's ass instead.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:14 AM

937 posts, read 916,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Here's my take. I don't view her as a talented singer, not because I'm not into pop music, but because I don't think she's got a very good voice. I don't think she has any particular talent, actually. She's physically fit, which is good. And she doesn't seem to be wrapped up in the Hollyweirdness and drug scene that Lindsay Lohan rode to glory.
I watched a youtube video online that perfectly sums up what she is about. Cyrus is basically apart of the same drug culture as Lindsay Lohan. Apparently, she sings about "waiting in line, to do lines in the bathroom." She's definitely coked out or perhaps on oxycotin.

Quote:
But honestly, class it up, Miley. The outfit was a bit ridiculous, and the foam finger stuff was very Beavis and Buttheadish. I get it, Miley, you're a 20 year-old girl who is breaking free from your childstar past. But come on. There's a classy way to do that, and there's a trashy way to do that. The story that I've heard was that she went off script from what had been rehearsed.
She can't possibly "class it up," because she is trashy by nature.

Quote:
I'm not grossed out as much as I'm disappointed that she felt she had to sink to that level to draw attention to herself.
Again, Cyrus is a skank and really just displayed what she's about. I feel sorry for the silly teens and young adults who follow her blindly.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:21 AM

937 posts, read 916,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Really??

This is a lesbian too.......

Ellen's Girlfriend.............."what a waste"
Ellen's GF is a "lipstick lesbian," (meaning she looks attractive and feminine), while people who look like Cyrus and Ellen are known as butch lesbians (meaning, very masculine in looks and disposition).

Old 08-30-2013, 06:44 AM

15,237 posts, read 23,786,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Ellen's GF is a "lipstick lesbian," (meaning she looks attractive and feminine), while people who look like Cyrus and Ellen are known as butch lesbians (meaning, very masculine in looks and disposition).

Thank you, you beat me to it.

Since I am on that side of the fence as well, my senses are keener than straight people regarding this, (not all straight people, though, there are those that get it).

and Miley with that spikey hair cut, like most butch lesbians for some reason wear, makes us wonder.

not that there is anything wrong with being a lesbian.

Never the less. her performance was a disgrace, and this made her look "less sexual" or "sensual" to, I will say, about 99.9 percent of the men watching it.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:47 AM

5,054 posts, read 5,528,822 times
I just watched her video We Can't Stop. All I see is a very unsexy Madonna wannabe (the 80s version - like Open Your Heart). Her VMA performance was just weird. I think she might appeal more to lesbians than men. That is a very small niche to fill

Old 09-03-2013, 06:59 PM

14,072 posts, read 20,162,120 times
There was NO sexiness in it at all!!!! All it was is a SPAZ acting like a complete MORON on stage in front of MILLIONS!!!!

Old 09-03-2013, 07:26 PM

4,707 posts, read 3,343,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
I watched a youtube video online that perfectly sums up what she is about. Cyrus is basically apart of the same drug culture as Lindsay Lohan. Apparently, she sings about "waiting in line, to do lines in the bathroom." She's definitely coked out or perhaps on oxycotin.

She can't possibly "class it up," because she is trashy by nature.

Again, Cyrus is a skank and really just displayed what she's about. I feel sorry for the silly teens and young adults who follow her blindly.

Good points.

Let me re-word that -- she hasn't had as many public meltdowns as Lindsay Lohan. I know LL has some parental issues, and maybe that's the only thing that's keeping Cyrus from blowing up like that. I'm willing to bet that some of her lyrics are just that -- lyrics. She's trying to change her image, but honestly, is failing.

I agree, she is kind of trashy. Her dad was/is a bit of a joke as well. The old adage of "you can take the girl out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the girl" seems to apply.

Your last point is probably what's worst about this situation. There are LOTS of teenagers/young adults who think she's great, and that's a shame. As I tell my own kids, "Don't ever idolize anyone, but certainly don't ever idolize anyone from Hollywood."

Old 09-07-2013, 02:08 PM

3,647 posts, read 5,310,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug11768 View Post
Guys like a woman to be sexual and perform sexually. So why are so many guys criticizing how gross and disgusting Miley Cyrus's provocative performance was at the VMAs? I thought you guys would be into this. Explain it to me because I am really confused.

If you haven't seen the performance just YouTube it. I would also like to hear from guys only. I know women don't like it for a number of reasons but I am interested to know why guys don't like it.
If her performance is sexy, you have some low standards.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:13 PM

11,269 posts, read 12,496,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug11768 View Post
Guys like a woman to be sexual and perform sexually. So why are so many guys criticizing how gross and disgusting Miley Cyrus's provocative performance was at the VMAs? I thought you guys would be into this. Explain it to me because I am really confused.

If you haven't seen the performance just YouTube it. I would also like to hear from guys only. I know women don't like it for a number of reasons but I am interested to know why guys don't like it.

Because........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or