U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 12:32 PM

6,474 posts, read 13,462,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
When Madonna did such things, she was smooth and confident. She was more of a tease than a desparate attention *****. She can't dance. All she seems to know is how to shake her little behind. Her outfit was as sexy as a box of crayons. Throwing your tongue out like a boxer dog doesn't inspire sex appeal. She never could sing (without studio electronic tricks), she can't dance, and I never found her attractive. She should have done what other successful child stars have done in the past, leave the industry for a formal education. Learn a career upon which to fall back on if you can't revive your acting or music career.
LOL I remember back in the old days all of the controversy about how Madonna wasn't a good singer. But compared to Miley, Madonna's Natalie Dessay. I hope I'm not the only person old enough to remember the flack Madonna got for her vocal talents. She actually took singing lessons, and tried to get Cred as a real singer with Evita and other projects.

But Madonna's live shows were definitely something to watch. Her dancing and choreography were energetic and fun to watch. Maybe the competition back in those days was stronger...there were a lot of good famous singers, if I recall. But still, Madonna's voice was not bad. Miley's voice, on the other hand...

People also thought Madonna was a sl*t. LOL Maybe you're too young to remember that as well. She got a lot of flack for her posing nude (w/ "beaver," I believe) and her sexual and religious themes in songs and videos. But then again, we can all agree that as a performer, Madonna doesn't suck, as Miley apparently does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 08:43 PM

15,247 posts, read 23,882,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
LOL I remember back in the old days all of the controversy about how Madonna wasn't a good singer. But compared to Miley, Madonna's Natalie Dessay. I hope I'm not the only person old enough to remember the flack Madonna got for her vocal talents. She actually took singing lessons, and tried to get Cred as a real singer with Evita and other projects.

But Madonna's live shows were definitely something to watch. Her dancing and choreography were energetic and fun to watch. Maybe the competition back in those days was stronger...there were a lot of good famous singers, if I recall. But still, Madonna's voice was not bad. Miley's voice, on the other hand...

People also thought Madonna was a sl*t. LOL Maybe you're too young to remember that as well. She got a lot of flack for her posing nude (w/ "beaver," I believe) and her sexual and religious themes in songs and videos. But then again, we can all agree that as a performer, Madonna doesn't suck, as Miley apparently does.

I'm from the Madonna era also, and I agree with your post.

Also, Madonna does have a good voice, to me I think she really does.
She was sexy back then and it showed.

Miley, she just doesn't have it. Sexiness is just not her niche.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:45 PM

2,942 posts, read 4,235,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post

Are you serious? Miley is a much better vocalist than Madonna. She actually has a pretty good voice but I know people like to accuse any artist of not being able to sing these days. Madonna on the other hand is one of the worst singers in the history of popular music. No range whatsoever, rarely sings live and if she does, it sounds terrible.

Anyone who thinks Miley can't sing should watch this (don't worry, she's not singing her own song ):

^ Can you imagine Madonna pulling that off? I don't think so. Not saying Miley is the new Whitney but she's not nearly as bad as people say she is.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Are you serious? Miley is a much better vocalist than Madonna. She actually has a pretty good voice but I know people like to accuse any artist of not being able to sing these days. Madonna on the other hand is one of the worst singers in the history of popular music. No range whatsoever, rarely sings live and if she does, it sounds terrible.

Anyone who thinks Miley can't sing should watch this (don't worry, she's not singing her own song ):

^ Can you imagine Madonna pulling that off? I don't think so. Not saying Miley is the new Whitney but she's not nearly as bad as people say she is.

Are you kidding me, Miley couldn't hold a candle to Madonna...

I started Mileys wrecking ball video, couldn't finish it. too painful.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:38 AM

4,721 posts, read 13,645,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post

Never paid attention to Miley, I am too old,, but she is very good here, country suits her. And yes, I agree, Madonna could not pull this off.backyard sessions with acoustics and no techno to help her voice? No way.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:55 PM

2,176 posts, read 873,378 times
first her outfit and her hair is disgusting. she looks like a 15 year old and sticks her tongue out the whole time and dances around like a ****. I think the question you should be asking is what didn't gross people out

Old 09-14-2013, 08:44 PM

7,084 posts, read 10,864,787 times
After seeing the video of the VMA performance, I honestly asked my DW if Cyrus was physically or mentally challenged. She really did act like she has a legitimate issue going on.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
first her outfit and her hair is disgusting. she looks like a 15 year old and sticks her tongue out the whole time and dances around like a ****. I think the question you should be asking is what didn't gross people out

exactly.

your right, her outfit, her hair, and everything else she did was actually an embarasment to herself.

there is sexy, then there is retarded.

Miley wasnt sexy

Old 09-17-2013, 08:12 PM

16,323 posts, read 12,631,973 times
Because men don't like that garbage.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:34 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,584,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
She kind of reminded me of a drunk girl trying desperately to get some guy's attention right before closing time.
Exactly. Nothing sexy about a drunken $!*+. It was really just sort of embarrassing to watch someone be so stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or