Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 05:14 PM

578 posts, read 2,524,038 times

Advertisements

Exactly, maybe Donnie doesn't suffer from "see me", "look at me" syndrome eh? As a matter of fact he is SO LOW-PROFILE, I never even thought about him having a wife of 20+ yrs. until they showed her recently (she is lovely too). So, go sit down Marie and sell a doll somewhere okay? Haven't you got enough already?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 07:37 PM

4,720 posts, read 15,553,931 times
I saw Donny in Chicago in a production of "Joseph and the Amazing technicolor dreamcoat". I was given the tickets and did NOT want to go. I was AMAZED, not at the coat, but at the guys singing. Fabulous voice(never seemed to notice before). Wonderful talent.I never thought the same of him again. I agree, he seems like a low key, normal guy. He stayed in the alley after the show for over 45 minutes signing autographs for the kids. Spoke to each one,polite NICE nice guy, and this was after he was doing the show for almost 6 months..

Old 11-21-2007, 03:38 PM

14,985 posts, read 23,758,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeleenieWeenie View Post
But, would she have even said ANYTHING, if it had not been said by Larry King? Probably not; then someone in the treatment center would have sold the story to "Enquirer" or "Star".
Actually he did her a rumour-favor, right?
Supposedly she was blind-sided. Not sure if it was true but supposedly one of Larry King's producers knew of this personally through contacts with the same counseler group, and used it to "bait" Marie as revenge for appearing on a competing talk show before Larry King. Added it to Larry King's question list. Purely out of spite.
Not sure if it's true or not but I wouldn't dismiss it.

Old 11-25-2007, 01:50 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,070,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
Marie seems like a troubled person. She is always in the news about a bad marriage, depression, mental illness, etc. Her brother Donny seems like the class act in the family.
Actually, they both have had their share of problems and Donny admitted he was abused as a child (if I remember right, a manager or agent or someone along those lines) and suffered from severe anxiety problems as an adult....I have always liked them myselves even though they were as hokey as they come and wish them both well....the family always seems to have remained close and in the end, good family ties are worth all the money in the world eh?

Old 11-29-2007, 02:55 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,936,653 times
Quote:
Marie seems like a troubled person. She is always in the news about a bad marriage, depression, mental illness, etc. Her brother Donny seems like the class act in the family.
I had the biggest crush on Donny when I was younger....wow. Sorry, I had to just throw that in

Old 11-29-2007, 05:44 AM

23,789 posts, read 33,234,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Because if she didn't do it first the media would have a field day with it.....she has now defused the situation.....well played Marie......
I saw her reaction to the question by Larry, she was surprised. Donny has said he has no clue why her son is in rehab, only that he has issues of some sort & it isn't any of his business. I find it hard to believe that Donny doesn't know & would have rather he said it is a private family matter.

Quote:
I was watching Entertainment Tonight, think that's the show Donny is on... Anyway, he said that (if I remember his quote correctly) if Maire found a man that their mother raised, Marie would be lucky in love or something to that effect. Look at all of the Osmond brothers, I don't recall any of them ever divorsing. They had a good support system growing up with their parents.

Both of Marie's husbands were dogs. I didn't think either would be good husband material for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
I had the biggest crush on Donny when I was younger....wow. Sorry, I had to just throw that in
LOL! Like who didn't

Old 11-29-2007, 12:50 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,156,211 times
I hate the Osmonds, but I especially hate Marie. She annoys the heck out of me. Donnie has at least shown some ability to make fun of himself at times.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:44 PM

253 posts, read 1,104,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I hate the Osmonds, but I especially hate Marie. She annoys the heck out of me. Donnie has at least shown some ability to make fun of himself at times.
I couldn't agree more. i hate Marie especially! She is so fake & a total ham! She is super passive agressive. i do beleive she was suprised on Larry King but did you notice how in the same breath she had to put it out there that her son was adopted "in other words letting the world know its not her blood child & its more his issue & not a issue with her". It was not necassary for her to tell the world he was adopted right after she was surprised with the news that Lary King knew. It seem like a passive way to aleviate herself of any blame. What kind of mother does that in a public forum.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:45 PM

221 posts, read 598,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeleenieWeenie View Post
Yeah, same here; SO WHAT? Who cares? There are plenty of other average-income folks who have kids hopelessly addicted to drugs/alcohol that cannot afford to pay $30,000 for 30 days at fancy luxury treatment centers. She was visually embarassed, jaw dropped open probably more so that he would MENTION it on-air. Other than that; she should not be ashamed that her pampered kid suffers the slings and arrows that America's kids do! What a faker!
I agree with you 100 percent!

Old 11-30-2007, 08:44 PM

311 posts, read 1,055,462 times
Why doesn't this surprise me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities