Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 01:45 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelismaticEchoes View Post
I guarantee within the next 5 years or so Beyonce and Rihanna will all be ceremoniously dumped at the bottom of the industry. One can only remain popular or on top for so long lol.

When it comes to acting, Beyonce seems like she is trying too hard. It's as if it doesn't seem natural. She is just desperate for an Oscar. I don't think her voice is all that either. She puts on a good show and is a good entertainer.
I think Beyonce will be around for years to come. She doesn't ever have to sing another song and she'll still be a fan favorite; like Cher. Rhianna not so much.

I think Beyonce did fine in Dreamgirls & Fighting Temptations but oh how I hated her in Obsessed. That fight scene was horrid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 02:00 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,807,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
I think Beyonce will be around for years to come. She doesn't ever have to sing another song and she'll still be a fan favorite; like Cher.
Basically. I know its somewhat fashionable to not like Beyonce these days, but that chick has a legacy and a half at this point. She's been on the scene something like 15 years. I don't even like all her songs but she has a very strong, stable worldwide fanbase and has had one for years. She doesn't even need hits at this point. She could tour for years off her catalog.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:28 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,993,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Basically. I know its somewhat fashionable to not like Beyonce these days, but that chick has a legacy and a half at this point. She's been on the scene something like 15 years. I don't even like all her songs but she has a very strong, stable worldwide fanbase and has had one for years. She doesn't even need hits at this point. She could tour for years off her catalog.
Beyonce will be remain relevant for decades to come. Rihanna on the other hand I doubt. She will most likely fade away in popularity once her youth and sex appeal declines.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:34 PM

2,238 posts, read 3,321,858 times
Quote:
I think Beyonce will be around for years to come. She doesn't ever have to sing another song and she'll still be a fan favorite; like Cher. Rhianna not so much.

I think Beyonce did fine in Dreamgirls & Fighting Temptations but oh how I hated her in Obsessed. That fight scene was horrid.
Beyonce's name will be around but in terms of het music career and potentially acting career, all of that will fade away soon. She has cemented her pop icon status and cultural legacy at this point and still will find ways to make money, but as a music artist she might not be able to churn out new hits. I believe her success will cool off for a while.

I mean look at people like Madonna, Michael Jackson, and Mariah Carey, at one point and time they cooled off in popularity for a lil' bit but came back strong easily.

Rihanna I think may end up turning to drugs and is also IP (Industry *****) lol. Also she is not a songwriter, so it will be hard for her to turn a continuous profit in the music industry, and touring, and other business ventures are what she'll have to rely on soley to get money and checks.

That's why it's important to get songwriter/songwriting credits and publishing credits because the writers, lyricists, producers and publishers of those songs are the owners of the songs and the money goes to them, not the person who just sings them. That's why it's good to write the songs you sing, because if the song streams and is sold and even remade or covered, you get all of the money.

That's why someone like Whitney Houston's money ran out due to her incessant obsessive use of abusing drugs and spending money excessively, and also she didn't write any of her biggest hit songs except for maybe 1 or 2 songs that weren't really hits at all.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:28 AM

1,445 posts, read 2,320,447 times
Quote:
Beyonce's name will be around but in terms of het music career and potentially acting career, all of that will fade away soon. She has cemented her pop icon status and cultural legacy at this point and still will find ways to make money, but as a music artist she might not be able to churn out new hits. I believe her success will cool off for a while.

I mean look at people like Madonna, Michael Jackson, and Mariah Carey, at one point and time they cooled off in popularity for a lil' bit but came back strong easily.

Rihanna I think may end up turning to drugs and is also IP (Industry *****) lol. Also she is not a songwriter, so it will be hard for her to turn a continuous profit in the music industry, and touring, and other business ventures are what she'll have to rely on soley to get money and checks.

That's why it's important to get songwriter/songwriting credits and publishing credits because the writers, lyricists, producers and publishers of those songs are the owners of the songs and the money goes to them, not the person who just sings them. That's why it's good to write the songs you sing, because if the song streams and is sold and even remade or covered, you get all of the money.

That's why someone like Whitney Houston's money ran out due to her incessant obsessive use of abusing drugs and spending money excessively, and also she didn't write any of her biggest hit songs except for maybe 1 or 2 songs that weren't really hits at all.
Beyonce's last album produced no #1 single, while at the same time selling out a 107-date tour around the world and one of her most recognized songs to date. Like a previous poster said, she doesn't need hits, Rihanna does. Majority of Rihanna's #1 singles (which seems to be what her fans rely on when arguing with another fan base) are shared with a feature. Just this year alone, Beyonce has picked up a $50 million endorsement from Pepsi, a $30+ million endorsement from H&M, headlined the Super Bowl, sung at the Inauguration, and has made $104 million from her tour that isn't over yet. Her music stretches enough for her to stay relevant years after it was released. As of 2013, Crazy In Love has been named the Best Pop Song of the Century, and it came out in 2003.

All of this achieved in 2013, and her album coming next year is arguably her most anticipated album of her career. She will probably surpass 20 Grammys with this album as well.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austincool View Post
Beyonce's last album produced no #1 single, while at the same time selling out a 107-date tour around the world and one of her most recognized songs to date. Like a previous poster said, she doesn't need hits, Rihanna does. Majority of Rihanna's #1 singles (which seems to be what her fans rely on when arguing with another fan base) are shared with a feature. Just this year alone, Beyonce has picked up a $50 million endorsement from Pepsi, a $30+ million endorsement from H&M, headlined the Super Bowl, sung at the Inauguration, and has made $104 million from her tour that isn't over yet. Her music stretches enough for her to stay relevant years after it was released. As of 2013, Crazy In Love has been named the Best Pop Song of the Century, and it came out in 2003.

All of this achieved in 2013, and her album coming next year is arguably her most anticipated album of her career. She will probably surpass 20 Grammys with this album as well.
Yep true. But I still believe that Beyonce could hit rock bottom within the next 5 years or cool off in popularity. Obviously her success and classics will resonate with people when they think of Beyonce and her prime etc.

I think Beyonce is overrated. But I have respect for her and all her success. She is one individual that knows how to make that money. She is getting paid.

I feel that someone like Mariah Carey or Toni Braxton or Brian McKnight or Boyz II Men deserve more Grammys. They are way more musically talented than Beyonce or Rihanna.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:44 AM

1,445 posts, read 2,320,447 times
Quote:
Yep true. But I still believe that Beyonce could hit rock bottom within the next 5 years or cool off in popularity. Obviously her success and classics will resonate with people when they think of Beyonce and her prime etc.

I think Beyonce is overrated. But I have respect for her and all her success. She is one individual that knows how to make that money. She is getting paid.

I feel that someone like Mariah Carey or Toni Braxton or Brian McKnight or Boyz II Men deserve more Grammys. They are way more musically talented than Beyonce or Rihanna.
She simply has too much to offer to not be successful.

How is she overrated? She's praised because she actually has it all. No breakdowns, no drugs, no trouble with the law, no alcohol problems. Her voice is underrated. She may not be able to do the Mariah Carey whistle, but her higher range is nothing to cut short. Beyonce can dance, she can sing perfectly while doing it. She's much more entertaining than Mariah. Plus, Mariah is too arrogant. It doesn't really matter though, because Beyonce and Mariah are close friends.

You don't really seem to informed on exactly how Beyonce has achieved so much. She didn't beg for a role, she isn't desperate for an award, she didn't say she wrote a song she didn't.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:02 AM

Quote:

How is she overrated? She's praised because she actually has it all. No breakdowns, no drugs, no trouble with the law, no alcohol problems. Her voice is underrated. She may not be able to do the Mariah Carey whistle, but her higher range is nothing to cut short. Beyonce can dance, she can sing perfectly while doing it. She's much more entertaining than Mariah. Plus, Mariah is too arrogant. It doesn't really matter though, because Beyonce and Mariah are close friends.

You don't really seem to informed on exactly how Beyonce has achieved so much. She didn't beg for a role, she isn't desperate for an award, she didn't say she wrote a song she didn't.
Keep in mind that I am a fan of Beyonce's. When it comes to entertainment etc and music Beyonce is an artist I would definitely have on my IPOD or music devices.

I'm well aware of the statistics and awards and accolades. I always pay attention to that stuff to keep in the know and to be knowledgable of all that is out there and there to offer.

Mariah is s good entertainer. She has her ups and downs depending on the situation or day. Mariah is not arrogant, or at least she is no different than any other self proclaimed "diva" or successful artist.

I think that Beyonce is overrated compared to other artists that deserve just as much or much more than Bey. Tamia for example can really sing and deserves so much better. Or someone like Chante Moore etc.

Beyonce's acting skills are not all that in my opinion. Also she is s known workaholic and desperately wants an Oscar (who can blame her for wanting it all, go getter is the right attitude). Beyonce forced the producers and casting to put her in the lead role of Dreamgirls movie. She demanded that they cast her in the role. They didn't necessarily have her in mind. She begged and called.

I like the Crazy In Love song. But Song of The Century? Who declared this as such?

As for Beyonce's voice, her vocals are strong but I don't know, it doesn't seem like it's mind blowing.

I like Beyonce when she does a capella.

Like I said again, I like Beyonce and have nothing against her but I do think she is overrated.

She is a good entertainer, and she can get ppl dancing and hyping up.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:04 AM

Quote:

And it's widely known that Beyonce hires and has ghost writers for her songs. She got caught in a lie about songwriting and lyricism by Ne-Yo and Ne-Yo called her out and exposed her for it and put her in check over her fallacious claims.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:19 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,977 times
Quote:

LOL!!!

She was fighting in heels!!!!!!!!!!!

Her southern Texas accent was not in check either.....She call her son in the movie "Cowl" instead of "Kyle".....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities