Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 12:34 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,540,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
I don't think she's a particularly good actress, but she doesn't really claim to be. It's just her job and she gets paid for it.

I admire her because she is doing something to help others. And look how she has transformed herself. She use to wear leather pants and wear blood around her neck and do all kinds of outrageous shocking things. Now she dresses conservatively and has become a proper mother and role model for her children. I like that about her.

Greenie
I agree with Greenie and a few others about not being like other celebs running around being routey, scientogists(thinking they are gods), and whatever. I like her and think she is gorgeous. Some women are born with natural beauty. I like her honestly though I'm not a believer in living together and having children, but who am I to judge? Everyone has their mistakes and it's sad celebs have to have their mistakes written in books. She's trying to be an example as she feels fit for the world. It's nice to see someone with money that is using some of it for the common good. I know there are other celebs that do as well, but aren't as public. She however is a public speaker, etc. so it's kind of a part of the deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 04:37 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,430,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVTX72 View Post
Is anyone else out there as sick of hearing about Angelina Jolie as I am? Yeah sure shes pretty, mediocre actress, adopted a couple of kids, and shes married to Brad Pitt. But whats so special about her.
IMO she is a less than stellar actress, a home wrecker, egomaniacally B****. I don't know who I feel sorry for more, her father Jon Voight, or those kids who now have HER as a mother.
Couldn't care less about media-hyped Hollowood types. The more famous they are the less I care.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:39 PM

221 posts, read 598,616 times
Default Angelina Jolie Reply

Personally I don't see the fascination with ANY of these so-called stars. You can go to your local Wal-Mart any given day of the week and there will be some women and men there that are JUST as attractive as any of these people and probably just as talented if given the opportunity. I just don't get it. Also (and it's just my personal opinion) when she started getting all those tattoos she just destroyed any visible beauty she might have going on. I can only imagine when she's 60 or 70 years old and her outward beauty has faded and she's sporting all those tattoos.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:56 AM

53 posts, read 225,628 times
i agree with kittytoes. people dont have to be celebs to have all the beauty. i have my pros and cons about AJ just like i do about anyone else. i agree that shes in support of humanitarian issues. i do not agree that you have to go and adopt a child from every country you see simply because you feel sorry for them, if we all did that everyone would end up with a billion kids, sorry but theres not enough ibuprophen in the world for that kind of headache. i agree with the fact that she wants to give a homeless child a home. i do not agree with her being out in public when she clearly had her own private issues with her life (her mother, her father) but thats family issues... we all have some sort of family issues.
other then that, i can truely care less.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:12 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,187,381 times
shes a better mom than britney!!

Old 04-18-2008, 11:50 PM

523 posts, read 1,278,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittytoes2006 View Post
Personally I don't see the fascination with ANY of these so-called stars. You can go to your local Wal-Mart any given day of the week and there will be some women and men there that are JUST as attractive as any of these people and probably just as talented if given the opportunity. I just don't get it. Also (and it's just my personal opinion) when she started getting all those tattoos she just destroyed any visible beauty she might have going on. I can only imagine when she's 60 or 70 years old and her outward beauty has faded and she's sporting all those tattoos.

Dang! Which Wal-Marts are YOU shopping at!?

Old 04-19-2008, 09:34 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,430,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittytoes2006 View Post
Wal-Mart? Supermarket maybe
I agree on the tatts tho,goes for all beautiful women

Old 04-19-2008, 07:04 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,263,065 times
Default so she adopted kids, BIG WHOOP

Angelina Jolie is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. She is a very strange person, totally overrated, and apparently has a clever PR team or something that has managed to help upgrade her image practically to that of a saint even after having stolen another woman's man.

YouTube - Reptilian Angelina Jolie - Half-Lizard

And yeah, I know, Jen and Brad were headed for divorce anyway, blah, blah, blah.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:28 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,120,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
Angelina Jolie is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. She is a very strange person, totally overrated, and apparently has a clever PR team or something that has managed to help upgrade her image practically to that of a saint even after having stolen another woman's man.

YouTube - Reptilian Angelina Jolie - Half-Lizard

And yeah, I know, Jen and Brad were headed for divorce anyway, blah, blah, blah.
Love her! Love how she mothers those babies. Love that I don't know her politics because she keeps them to herself (Are you listening George Clooney and Julia Roberts?). Love that she does what she wants without criticizing the choices other people make. Love that she dsoen't pretend that she knows more and is smarter then everyone else (unlike a lot of celebrities). Love that she is so lovely to look at. Love that I've watch her change and grow and become a caring, generous and amazingly compassionate human being. Love that she dosen't take any crap from her a-hole dad. Did I say I love the way she loves her children? Love that she's about something. Love when she had to choose between Billy Bob and Maddox, she kicked Billy to the curb, took her little boy and never looked back. Love that Brad has kids since he loves them and wanted them for so long. Love that Angelina dosen't have a shallow bone in her body.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:32 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,710,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
Angelina Jolie apparently has a clever PR team or something that has managed to help upgrade her image practically to that of a saint even after having stolen another woman's man.
She actually doesn't even employ a publicist, a rare thing in Hollywood, and something I find very fascinating. I remember reading an interview where the interviewer asked her why she doesn't have a publicist, she replied "what for?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities