U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 03:44 PM

7,878 posts, read 10,169,826 times

Advertisements

She's used up all her "y'alls" where she is now! Maybe she can fake an upstate NY accent. Hehehe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 05:05 PM

20,326 posts, read 37,840,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
Sorry, I'm not a fan of hers. In the past I watched her shows and her comfort foods were always
high fat, salt and sugar. On occasion that is fine, but then with the whole diabetes situation
well.....
So in this new store the first thing they mention is Ooey Gooey Butter Cake mix, again
Saw this (ad) below in the doctors office and in the brochure, she provides healthy recipes that don't include butter cake mix or pork butt spice rub.

Paula Deen: Living With Diabetes
Agree. I'm no fan either. I hate that her no-talent sons got worked into her show and IIRC one of them now has his own lousy show.

I just can't see her in Buffalo, those New Yawkers will run her out of town on a rail.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-23-2013, 05:10 PM

17,414 posts, read 18,297,942 times
Paula Deen has been punished enough. Although I detest the Old South mentality I think that there was an overreaction to her comments. I forgive Paula Deen and believe that she should now be allowed to rebuild her empire.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:40 PM

4,878 posts, read 4,573,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Agree. I'm no fan either. I hate that her no-talent sons got worked into her show and IIRC one of them now has his own lousy show.
I just can't see her in Buffalo, those New Yawkers will run her out of town on a rail.
I watched her one of her son's shows and wasn't impressed either. Even after she admitted to having
diabetes, she was on that show with him and said she thought his recipes tasted better with butter,
salt and cream but the turkey meat loaf was "not bad."

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Paula Deen has been punished enough. Although I detest the Old South mentality I think that there was an overreaction to her comments. I forgive Paula Deen and believe that she should now be allowed to rebuild her empire.
I don't think she'll end up in the poor house and I'm not even mentioning the debate about the Old South.
I just think she is a hypocrite for the type of high fat and sugary dishes she enjoyed preparing while hiding
her diabetes. Then to accept a contract with Novo Nordisk promoting Victosa (a 6 million dollar contract).
As of July many companies have decided not to carry her products but I'm not sure if some decided to
take her back.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:37 PM

5,699 posts, read 2,797,692 times
Her magazine never left the shelves of my local supermarket; I felt at one point that it might get cancelled/shut down, too, but it apparently is selling just fine. At one point, it was the only thing left you could buy to show some support. Now, I see some stores carrying her endorsed products again. I'm sure some companies will never approach her again, but that's their choice.

It might actually benefit her to build her name back in a slower, more deliberate way with small-scale stores that feature the core items that a celebrity chef would have--no furniture, no home décor items or luggage or whatever. The store connected to The Lady and Sons in Savannah is more about the cookbooks, aprons, measuring spoons, etc. that would make good gift items for the cooking enthusiast in your family. That's something that would work in any part of the country.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:37 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,772,681 times
I was only vaguely aware of Deen until television made a big deal out of what seems to have been nothing. Tracy Jordan hilariously defended her -- he said he wouldn't trust a southerner who never used the n word.

For celebrities, there really is just publicity -- it doesn't much matter if it's negative or positive, just getting attention is more important, it wouldn't surprise me at all if sales of her label are up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities