Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 03:07 PM

1,693 posts, read 1,529,915 times

Advertisements

‘I didn’t kill drug addict Michael Jackson’: Conrad Murray | New York Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 02:56 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
I tend to agree with Conrad. Michael's increasingly bizarre behavior was astounding. Conrad's biggest fault was agreeing to be MJ's private doctor. He should've declined that one.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:19 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,327,366 times
He should have. MJ was doing more and more crazy stuff and he had to know that before taking him on, maybe he thought he could change his abuse of pills and get him back on his feet. I think MJ killed MJ. It's all about choices of an adult.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:33 PM

1,436 posts, read 1,882,355 times
The death of Michael was a result of Conrad and Michael himself.

Firstly, Conrad not only knew that the drug he was administering should only be given at a hospital with the proper equipment present.
Secondly, he claims to have tried to ween Michael off the drug, yet ordered 6 gallons of this stuff. Is that acceptable?

I blame Michael too. Nobody forced him to take these meds for sleeping. He choose to and he knew the dangers.

I blame AEG aswell. The constantly pressured Conrad to get Michael to come to rehearsals. They constantly pressured Michael to make the rehearsals, even when it was clear that he's unwell. Has anyone saw This is It lately, some of that footage shouts out SICK! He looked increasingly frail.

I read the two post above me. Some of this "increasingly crazy stuff" was in a way, not his fault.
He needed pain meds for his scalp and a back injury he got while doing a Benefit show in 1999.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:33 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,327,366 times
lots of people are in constant pain from old injuries or arthritis or things like that and we don't resort to heavy drugs. We don't knock ourselves out everyday to sleep or take pills to be able to do things. MJ was a person who was used to having everything he wanted like a stubborn child and never outgrew that. He was not one to use self control. Just because heroin is available, doesn't mean you have to take it. Same goes for other killer drugs. We all know where and how we can get strong painmeds(on or off the street) but most of us don't take them. Most of us who are not doctors or experts in medicin, know the dangers too. Most of us do what we have to to get through the days and don't resort to outlandish methods. Why would famous people's pain be worse than anyone elses? Most of us just go to work everyday with some sort of discomfort or pain. His lifestyle and his lack of character helped him get killed.
People need to stop gloryfying him. Just like Elvis.
Someone in the US without healthinsurance can probably muster ten times the character these two ever could without getting all the honors.

Old 12-27-2013, 09:32 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,648,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
lots of people are in constant pain from old injuries or arthritis or things like that and we don't resort to heavy drugs. We don't knock ourselves out everyday to sleep or take pills to be able to do things. MJ was a person who was used to having everything he wanted like a stubborn child and never outgrew that. He was not one to use self control. Just because heroin is available, doesn't mean you have to take it. Same goes for other killer drugs. We all know where and how we can get strong painmeds(on or off the street) but most of us don't take them. Most of us who are not doctors or experts in medicin, know the dangers too. Most of us do what we have to to get through the days and don't resort to outlandish methods. Why would famous people's pain be worse than anyone elses? Most of us just go to work everyday with some sort of discomfort or pain. His lifestyle and his lack of character helped him get killed.
People need to stop gloryfying him. Just like Elvis.
Someone in the US without healthinsurance can probably muster ten times the character these two ever could without getting all the honors.
Michael Jackson was an addict. Addiction is a disease. Dr. Conrad Murray was the dealer who supplied the drug that killed Michael Jackson. Dr. Conrad Murray is no better than the drug dealer on the street who sells to kids. He should still be in jail IMO.

Elvis was also an addict. If there is enough money offered to these doctor dealers, they will supply anything the addict wants.

I blame the doctors for not saying no. They should be prosecuted to the max.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:32 PM

1,436 posts, read 1,882,355 times
No one's glorifying him, but I think it's silly not to acknowledge why he took them.
A 2nd and 3rd degree burn is not a normal everyday injury...
Being dropped over 50 feet from a moving bridge is not a normal injury..
Just pointing that out.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:19 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,366,616 times
Money talks BS walks and there's plenty for the doc.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:38 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
MJ probably made it worth his wild to administer the drugs to him. He should have denied, as a physician, but again, $$ talks.
MJ was a complete nutcase and anyone that doesn't think so, it also nuts.

Who has annastesia (sp) to go go to sleep?

Old 12-29-2013, 11:46 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,238,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Michael Jackson was an addict. Addiction is a disease. Dr. Conrad Murray was the dealer who supplied the drug that killed Michael Jackson. Dr. Conrad Murray is no better than the drug dealer on the street who sells to kids. He should still be in jail IMO.

Elvis was also an addict. If there is enough money offered to these doctor dealers, they will supply anything the addict wants.

I blame the doctors for not saying no. They should be prosecuted to the max.

Great post Beth, I agree. Just because a addict wants something, doesn't mean a dr. should give it to them. I didn't read the link, but I seem to remember Conrad was outside the room talking to one of his many girlfriends instead of taking care of Michael. I give 99% of the blame to this so called dr. When money comes before care, there's a risk to the patient. Imo, Michael was sick, unable to make good decisions for himself.

Uggg, just read the link and wish I hadn't. I now have a lower opinion of Conrad. How dare he tell such personal medical info about a former patient. If for no other reason than MJ's kids, he needs to shut the heck up and thank his lucky stars he got off with a slap on the wrist. What a dirtbag.

Last edited by breeinmo.; 12-29-2013 at 11:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities