U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 10:02 AM

17,413 posts, read 18,275,659 times

Advertisements

Dylan Farrow issues another response to Woody's attempt to discredit her...

Dylan Farrow Responds to Woody Allen: 'Distortions and Outright Lies' - The Hollywood Reporter

A snippet...

Once again, Woody Allen is attacking me and my family in an effort to discredit and silence me - but nothing he says or writes can change the truth. For 20 years, I have never wavered in describing what he did to me. I will carry the memories of surviving these experiences for the rest of my life.

His op-ed is the latest rehash of the same legalese, distortions, and outright lies he has leveled at me for the past 20 years. He insists my mother brought criminal charges - in fact, it was a pediatrician who reported the incident to the police based on my firsthand account. He suggests that no one complained of his misconduct prior to his assault on me - court documents show that he was in treatment for what his own therapist described as “inappropriate” behavior with me from as early as 1991. He offers a carefully worded claim that he passed a lie detector test - in fact, he refused to take the test administered by the state police (he hired someone to administer his own test, which authorities refused to accept as evidence). These and other misrepresentations have been rebutted in more detail by independent, highly respected journalists, including this most recent article here:
http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2014/02/woody-allen-sex-abuse-10-facts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 10:21 AM

5,768 posts, read 3,093,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why are the Woody supporters continually trying to deflect back to Mia?
Because she keeps opening up her big mouth.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post

Mia did not write the open letter, the victim herself did.
Which brought interviews (ie attention) for Mia.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:02 PM

30,404 posts, read 9,086,867 times
That open letter, BTW, was directed to the Hollyweird community. IMO, that simply gives even more credence to her charges--she's wondering just why these people have completely dismissed his proclivities.

Also, those who continue to support Allen clearly have not read Maureen Orr's (Tim Russert's widow) latest column. It'll send chills through you. Or should.

Woody Allen clearly was not properly socialized as a child.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
That open letter, BTW, was directed to the Hollyweird community. IMO, that simply gives even more credence to her charges--she's wondering just why these people have completely dismissed his proclivities.
She doesn't have to go to the Hollyweird community at large to discover why people behave as they do. She can start with her own Mama Mia, who counts Roman Polanski as a dear friend.

Old 02-09-2014, 07:34 PM

904 posts, read 813,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
OMG. If you can read this entire letter without tearing up, I don't know what to say.

I have always had my doubts about Woody Allen since he left his wife for the babysitter. Ugh.

This is just awful to read.

Dylan Farrow: Open Letter Details Sexual Abuse by Woody Allen - Sexual Abuse, Sexual Assault/Rape, Golden Globes, Mia Farrow, Woody Allen : People.com

I was a teenager when this happened and remember a little about it..but reading this...OMG...this poor girl. My heart goes out to her. What a sicko. Yeah, of course Hollywood celebrates him.

How very very sad.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:55 AM

4,456 posts, read 3,533,560 times
Quote:
How very very sad.
You know it's interesting to see how an individual can be lauded to the skies with his great creativity on one hand and then be looked at another way where he is called out in having upsetting proclivities contrary to according an individual rightful respect. It's almost as if Mr. Allen is now living a page out of a Shakespearian tragedy.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:22 AM
Status: "I used to have a lead foot, but now it's aluminum." (set 13 days ago)

5,313 posts, read 3,675,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
It was Robin Williams who left his wife for the baby sitter. Funny, we never hear much about it. It made a big splash at the time, then nothing.
Was the babysitter the real life inspiration for Mrs. Doubtfire?

I tend to doubt it.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Status: "I used to have a lead foot, but now it's aluminum." (set 13 days ago)

5,313 posts, read 3,675,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Same group who makes violent gun movies then screams about handgun violence.
Just to note that a lot of the gun movies are made by (or have stars) that are very GOP, including Bruce Willias, Sylverster Stone and Ah-nold.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:37 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,019,556 times
Default Mia's influence here cannot be ignored

How can anyone ignore Mia Farrow's role in this? She always appeared to me to be a woman with a mental disorder, someone who is emotionally unstable. She is functional as a professional. She seems New Agey. She probably cuts herself, meditates, strives to raise her 'vibration' and become 'egoless', does energy work, and believes she was burned at the stake in a prior life. She has a history of troubled relationships. She has had a problem with boundaries and lacks integrity. She got pregnant with twins with Andre Previn while Previn was married. Her son Ronan is rumored to be Sinatra's, conceived while she was with Woody. This woman is not screwed on right, and seems quite deranged and vindictive. It is also very probable, as the doctors so stated many years ago, that Dylan is heavily influenced by her adopted mother Mia. Who in the hell knows the full extent of this influence? I frankly don't believe Mia and don't trust her intentions. Her role in this casts a shadow on the integrity and truthfulness of what Dylan is resurrecting here IMO. Mia got a friend at the NY Times to print Dylan's claims.

It does seem apparent that Mia is deeply disturbed by Soon-Yi ultimately marrying Woody. I'm sure the age difference doesn't bother Mia, since she herself was 19 when she married a 51 year old Sinatra. There has also been no evidence of inappropriate behavior between Woody and Soon-Yi. They even appeared to begin a relationship after she was 19, of legal age. Soon-Yi has stated that she never saw Woody as a father figure and never felt that Mia and Andre were her parents, since they weren't her biological parents. So Soon-Yi, for all intents and purposes, was not Mia's daughter, or Woody's daughter, and was basically a 19 year old young woman who was familiar with Woody Allen because of the adoptive relationship she had with Woody's girlfriend. She was free to choose who to date and of legal age. Woody was much older, but not married, and free to fall in love with any woman of legal age. I see nothing inappropriate between Soon-Yi and Woody. The age difference is startling, but if it works for them, fine. There was no incest here, no evidence that Woody "seduced" Soon-Yi when she was a minor, no evidence that Woody touched Soon-Yi inappropriately in any manner when she was a minor, no evidence that Woody was a "dirty old man" who pursued Soon-Yi when she was a minor, no evidence that Mia had any problem with the relationship or lack of it between Woody and Soon-Yi when she was a minor.

It has also never been proven that Woody had inappropriate sexual contact with any of the many kids who are associated with Mia and that family. He seems to have always been surrounded by kids, including girls, yet none of the other kids have ever stated that Woody touched them inappropriately. I think Dylan was the only one that Mia could manipulate, and this is her way of attempting to exact some type of retribution. Soon-Yi rejected Mia in a sense, preferring Woody, and this was apparently enough to tip that crazy Mia over the edge. She's a sick woman. Were she not involved at all, Dylan's story might have more credibility. But with Mia in the shadows, this is looking pretty damn tainted, and reeks of Mia's vindictiveness and willingness to lie, deceive, and not respect boundaries.

I think Dylan's brother, Moses, a kid that Mia couldn't manipulate, has this one right.

Doctor Cites Inconsistencies In Dylan Farrow's Statements - NYTimes.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or