U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 06:25 PM

17,414 posts, read 18,291,476 times

Advertisements

A very brave girl and I am so glad that she is taking Hollywood to task on their hypocrisy

http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ype=blogs&_r=0

(A note from Nicholas Kristof: In 1993, accusations that Woody Allen had abused his adoptive daughter, Dylan Farrow, filled the headlines, part of a sensational story about the celebrity split between Allen and his girlfriend, Mia Farrow. This is a case that has been written about endlessly, but this is the first time that Dylan Farrow herself has written about it in public. It’s important to note that Woody Allen was never prosecuted in this case and has consistently denied wrongdoing; he deserves the presumption of innocence. So why publish an account of an old case on my blog? Partly because the Golden Globe lifetime achievement award to Allen ignited a debate about the propriety of the award. Partly because the root issue here isn’t celebrity but sex abuse. And partly because countless people on all sides have written passionately about these events, but we haven’t fully heard from the young woman who was at the heart of them. I’ve written a column about this, but it’s time for the world to hear Dylan’s story in her own words.)

What’s your favorite Woody Allen movie? Before you answer, you should know: when I was seven years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house. He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother’s electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me. He talked to me while he did it, whispering that I was a good girl, that this was our secret, promising that we’d go to Paris and I’d be a star in his movies. I remember staring at that toy train, focusing on it as it traveled in its circle around the attic. To this day, I find it difficult to look at toy trains.

Last edited by Beretta; 02-01-2014 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: post the link and then only a snippet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 06:27 PM

3,270 posts, read 2,481,356 times
Default News: Dylan Farrow's Letter About Woody Allen's Abuse

OMG. If you can read this entire letter without tearing up, I don't know what to say.

I have always had my doubts about Woody Allen since he left his wife for the babysitter. Ugh.

This is just awful to read.

Dylan Farrow: Open Letter Details Sexual Abuse by Woody Allen - Sexual Abuse, Sexual Assault/Rape, Golden Globes, Mia Farrow, Woody Allen : People.com

Old 02-01-2014, 06:31 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,480,415 times
I don't know why obviously guilty child molesters are celebrated by Hollywood society, as if the child did something to be abused.

I refuse to acknowledge movies made by child molesters.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:21 PM

5,918 posts, read 6,360,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I don't know why obviously guilty child molesters are celebrated by Hollywood society, as if the child did something to be abused.

I refuse to acknowledge movies made by child molesters.
Exactly, Had he been let's say a retail clerk, the public would have a different view of him. From the beginning the Hollywood industry could easily give politics a run for its money in the sleaze department.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:24 PM

6,450 posts, read 6,466,333 times
Woody didn't leave his wife for the baby sitter...he left Mia for his step-daughter...he is at best a creep and at worst a pedophile...I really think the only award he should get is the Roman Polanski Rapist of the Year Award...

Old 02-01-2014, 07:34 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,086,895 times
Not much has changed about Hollywood coverups in past century.Its the same corrupt society its always had reputation of being.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:03 PM

998 posts, read 669,801 times
He should be shunned by hollywood not honered. I will never watch any of his movies ever! That guy is a low life.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:58 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,041,735 times
Ever since he acknowledged dating his step daughter, he has been dead to me.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:51 AM

13,121 posts, read 17,669,146 times
Yeah and this is a person who Diane Keton cherishes and sees as paragon of virtue . Diane Keaton and Woody Allen both belong to another planet . he is a freak and so is she .

Old 02-02-2014, 06:07 AM

13,904 posts, read 11,011,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
OMG. If you can read this entire letter without tearing up, I don't know what to say.

I have always had my doubts about Woody Allen since he left his wife for the babysitter. Ugh.

This is just awful to read.

Dylan Farrow: Open Letter Details Sexual Abuse by Woody Allen - Sexual Abuse, Sexual Assault/Rape, Golden Globes, Mia Farrow, Woody Allen : People.com
It was Robin Williams who left his wife for the baby sitter. Funny, we never hear much about it. It made a big splash at the time, then nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or