U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 10:29 PM

3,872 posts, read 4,290,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
Oh please. People make mistakes. I'm sure he wasn't thrilled to have that monkey on his back.

I hope you never make a mistake in your life.
We all make mistakes but most of us don't choose to shoot up heroin. Only a corrupt soul would go down that road.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:45 PM

2,834 posts, read 1,910,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
We all make mistakes but most of us don't choose to shoot up heroin. Only a corrupt soul would go down that road.
ah, to be so nave...

Philip Seymour Hoffman was one of the best, IMO. Better put Paul Thomas Anderson on suicide watch, because he just lost his go-to actor

Old 02-02-2014, 11:09 PM

103 posts, read 164,837 times
It says here Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead that "Investigators at the scene found a syringe in his arm and an envelope containing what is believed to be heroin."

Old 02-02-2014, 11:12 PM

2,834 posts, read 1,910,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzy View Post
It says here Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead that "Investigators at the scene found a syringe in his arm and an envelope containing what is believed to be heroin."
we're aware

Old 02-03-2014, 12:29 AM

1,700 posts, read 795,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I can't believe he was only 46. Looked more like 64.
yeah, i thought he looked a lot older than he was too.

so sad.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:43 AM

1,700 posts, read 795,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
For what it's worth, Hoffman's addiction started while he was enrolled in NYU's drama school, and he went to rehab after graduating (at age 22). He didn't relapse until May of last year. He stayed clean for a very long time.
it makes me so sad when i hear stories like this. he was clean for such a long time, he knew that heroin is extremely addicting and that nothing good would come out of getting back into it. i wonder what would make him even think to do heroin at this point in his life. married, young kids, acting career seemed to be doing well. of course, we don't know what was going on in his head or his life. but heroin is so awful, and you know that he knew that. addicts don't do heroin recreationally. well...no one does heroin recreationally. he had to have known that taking that first shot would lead to bad bad things. just so sad. i feel for his family and loved ones.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:51 AM

2,603 posts, read 3,786,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Philip Seymour Hoffman Dead: Actor Dies At 46 In New York Apartment

Self destruction by those who have everything going for them.

Amazing. Obviously a good career, three children, does not cure an addiction.

He could have reached out...
I guess on the surface he appeared to have everything but no one really knows what problems people have. Most people have battles in life. A lot of actors seem to have substance abuse issues but then again so do people from all walks of life. Celebrities are in the limelight so can't hide a lot of their problems.

It is very sad and such a loss of a great talent.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:55 AM

6,704 posts, read 4,184,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Just how exactly are you defining the word "corrupt" in this instance? Because you don't seem to be using the same definition that everyone else uses.

As an aside... man, that had to be some extremely strong dope. For it to kill him before the needle was even out of his arm is very unusual; it takes at least 15 to 30 seconds before the full force of the shot hits you, and most dopers have the needle out pretty quickly after it's empty. I wonder if he got ahold of some stuff that was cut with fentanyl. Just goes to show, you never know what you're getting or who did what to it before you got it.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:17 AM

10,546 posts, read 7,518,694 times
RIP, sweet prince. This world is poorer for your absence.

Old 02-03-2014, 02:35 AM

8,869 posts, read 10,339,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
For what it's worth, Hoffman's addiction started while he was enrolled in NYU's drama school, and he went to rehab after graduating (at age 22). He didn't relapse until May of last year. He stayed clean for a very long time.
I know someone who was in drama school with him and I had no idea. She said everyone talked about how talented he was and knew he would go far. God bless him. He was always on my a list of truly talented people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or