U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Kevin Hart Funny??
Yes 6 60.00%
No 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2014, 02:46 PM

10,652 posts, read 11,345,369 times

Advertisements

I don't find him funny. He just says anecdotes and relies on his loud delivery to make it funny. His actual material is kind of lame.Yeah, he has funny things to say but he kind of stretches out his jokes really far. Hes mediocre at best.

I went to my friend's place the other time and it he let me watch kevin hart's "laugh at my pain". So I psyched myself up to have a cracking time but as the time went by I realized that the only person that was genuinely laughing was my friend. I tried, lord knows i tried, to find the guy's jokes funny but it just didn't happen, i just didn't find him funny enough to even crack a smile. So is it just me or is kevin hart really not that funny?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 02:50 PM

9,268 posts, read 7,289,484 times
Different stroke for different folks. Different comedians appeal to different people.

For instance, I hate Kathy Griffith. I don't know why she's popular.

Old 02-03-2014, 03:01 PM

3,037 posts, read 2,338,516 times
To each their own. I find him funny. Do I find every joke funny? N0. He can be repetitive at times and use the same jokes over and over. Overall though I think he's funny.

Everyone has a different idea of funny. I personally don't think Adam sandler is funny or a lot of other mainstream comedians that people find amusing.

Old 02-03-2014, 03:46 PM

686 posts, read 933,863 times
He was funny in the 30 seconds he was on film in the 40 Year Old Virgin. Other than that, I don't think he's all that funny. Kat Williams is hilariously funny though. Louis C.K. is another guy who will constantly have you laughing.

Kevin Hart is more annoying than funny to me.

Old 02-03-2014, 03:49 PM

47 posts, read 69,278 times
Dave Chappelle is funnier than Kevin Hart in my opinion. I dont think he's funny at all...

Old 02-03-2014, 04:54 PM

6,256 posts, read 10,328,754 times
His first show was really funny, it cracked me up. The ostrich bit was just off the hook!

Kevin Hart Ostrich Good Quality - YouTube

I did notice when LAMP came out, he was either at the end of his marriage or going thru a bad time, I could almost tell and that affected his performance, imho. I have noticed the same sag with Louis CK as well.
Both good comedians, they started off really funny but at least one show they had were their performance was off, they seemed bitter, depressed and exhausted (marriage can do that to a person, right?).
Anyhow, then I same his Let Me Explain and he seemed much more relaxed and better.

Same thing with Louis CK. I am not sure if it was Chewed Up or Hilarious, probably the latter, that didn't seem to be as funny as his previous performances, again he was also at the end of his marriage or getting there. I saw his last one, "Oh My God!" and I could tell the difference. He was much more like his earlier self, jokes were better, he seemed more relaxed too.

It might be just me though!

Old 02-04-2014, 01:16 PM

2,207 posts, read 3,013,352 times
I didn't know who Kevin Hart was until I saw Ride Along a few days ago.

I saw a preview of About Last Night, and couldn't help but think he sounded like Chris Tucker. I think he can be funny, but after a while he can become annoying. (I couldn't blame Ice Cube's character in Ride Along.) I notice Hart is everywhere all of a sudden, and is portraying roles that Tucker would normally do. No wonder Tucker hasn't been acting much: Hart is probably keeping him out of work!

Old 02-04-2014, 01:21 PM

382 posts, read 596,084 times
Kevin Hart is funny "at times"; "at best". He doesn't have the talent of Martin Lawrence, Eddie Murphy, or Dave Chapelle, whereas they can walk in a room and with just one expression are HILARIOUS! When I look at Kevin Hart, one can tell that he knows that he's not all of that, however, he's the IT thing/person for right now. That's how that industry works.

Further, I can't get past Kevin Hart's height and looks! Sorry, but it's true!

Old 02-04-2014, 02:59 PM

7,800 posts, read 5,446,057 times
He can be funny at times but he's mostly average funny. I think what makes him very funny to people is that he's very short. His shortness helps, imo.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:29 PM

836 posts, read 1,308,601 times
I crack up every time I hear him on XM - love Hart.

Comedy is very subjective; I could give a list of comics I don't care for but let's just keep this positive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities