U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2014, 08:12 PM

7,129 posts, read 3,954,376 times

Advertisements

^^^ Richard Crenna was never as appreciated as he should have been. He tackled so many roles, including on in which he played a detective who was raped and suddenly was aware of the feelings of the women he had had no tolerance or understanding of. THAT was a gutsy role: Crenna was rewarded with an Emmy Award, and a nomination for a Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television, for his performance as the main character in the movie "The Rape of Richard Beck". For me, he's at the level of George Segal, Michael Gross, Ronny Cox and other seemingly average fellows who always deliver great performances. You can always count on them, and they often surprise the viewer by how expertly they perform.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Gross_(actor) ~ With him, proof of his skill can be seen when he shifted gears from the hippieish head of the Keaton clan in "Family Ties" to survivalist, weapons-wielding Burt Gummer in the "Tremors" films and TV series.

Warren Oates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ~ His loss at the age of 53 was a shock to friends and fans. He is a genuine cult actor, just as James Dean and others are. My favorite performance is "Race with the Devil" in which he co-stars with Peter Fonda (Oates' friend and co-star in at least two other movies), Loretta Swit (best-known as Major Margaret "Hot Lips" Houlihan in "M*A*S*H" TV series), and Lara Parker (best-known as Angelique the witch on the original "Dark Shadows").

Dick Miller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ~ He could be THE cult actor of all time! He's STILL going, and he's become an iconic actor whose presence is always notable, even if it's only "There's that guy again!" "Who IS that guy?" Watch and enjoy~and learn:
THAT GUY DICK MILLER - Documentary. Coming Soon? With your help!!! - YouTube

Malcolm McDowell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ~ Speaking of iconic/cult actors... This fellow shows up in just about everything, and he's instantly recognized. He came to us during the Sixties' British Invasion. From Alex in "A Clockwork Orange" to H.G. Wells in "Time After Time", from Caligula in the notorious "Caligula" to the impatient teacher in "Excision", a bizarre film I watched last night, he delivers! Once a heartthrob, he's rather a "silver fox" now.

Christopher Walken - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ~ I imagine that he, too, fits in that cult/iconic actor category. He seems to show up in everything, from A-list to low-budget/indie productions. I remember him stunning everyone with his musical number in "Pennies from Heaven", as most were unaware of his work on Broadway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 05:15 AM

14,331 posts, read 12,587,364 times
Dan Duryea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-02-2014, 05:24 AM

William Hopper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-02-2014, 05:27 AM

Quote:

Me too!

Old 03-02-2014, 09:42 AM

20,071 posts, read 13,763,554 times
Constance Bennett

Constance Bennett - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-02-2014, 07:22 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_O%27Connor_(actor)

William Smithers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ~ Sometimes my mind flipflops last names: William Smithers and William Schallert. The men are nothing alike, but those names sometimes reverse.

Susan Tyrrell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ~ She could be the queen of eccentric actresses!

Birthday Tribute to Susan Tyrrell - YouTube

Old 03-02-2014, 09:00 PM

Then, there are these talented giants:

Ted Cassidy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Richard Kiel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Carel Struycken - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kevin Peter Hall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ~ He was an alien hunting human beings in "Without Warning", "Predator" AND "Predator 2"! He also played the towering mutant bear in "Prophecy" and a Sasquatch/Bigfoot in "Harry and the Hendersons" (film and TV series). In another series, we did get to see the man behind the costumes and prosthetics when he portrayed the mutant who could shrink in "Misfits of Science". He was adorable as the mental patient who liked "the little guy" (Richard Moll's Bull) in "Night Court". I have to leave this tribute video to the actor who died far too young:

a tribute to kevin peter hall - YouTube

Speaking of Bull...
Richard Moll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-03-2014, 12:14 AM

I don't want to overwhelm you with too many posts, but I just found out yet another role that a completely overlooked actor did: the Thetan in "Architects of Fear" episode of "The Outer Limits". The too-soon-gone Janos Prohaska should be remembered. He and his son were killed in a plane crash with the rest of their crew, destroying footage of a project they were working on. Janos Prohaska - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's a clip of the rarely seen actor/stunt man:

Janos Prohaska - YouTube

I recall when TV Guide did an article about the "Night Gallery" episode "Pickman's Model", in which Prohaska's son donned the creature costume.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:55 AM

8,630 posts, read 8,631,525 times
Let's remember Ted Knight! I remember that my family and I were on vacation in Branson, Missouri when I heard the news about his death way back in 1986. I thought he was funny in Too Close for Comfort, but his career began long before that.

Ted Knight Tribute - YouTube

Old 03-03-2014, 02:42 PM

20,071 posts, read 13,763,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Let's remember Ted Knight! I remember that my family and I were on vacation in Branson, Missouri when I heard the news about his death way back in 1986. I thought he was funny in Too Close for Comfort, but his career began long before that.

Ted Knight Tribute - YouTube
Such a great guy and fine comedian! He is missed!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ross Martin

I didn't realize Ross died at such a young age (61)!!!!

Ross Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or