Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 10:22 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldyViolet View Post
Finally someone else who didn't like Silver Linings! People rave about it and I couldn't wait for it to end!
I didn't like it either, it was, oh what's the word I'm looking for...

Pretentious

Predictable

Inaccurate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 02:52 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,217,702 times
Don't know whether or not Lawrence did anything to get her break but the whole thing makes me feel sort of sad for Lohan.
She probably looks at Lawrence and thinks that's where I could have been.
In my opinion the big difference btw where Lohan ended up and where Lawrence ended up is Lohan's crap family. Not sure she ever stood a chance. I suspect Oprah was just trying to be nice and give her an opportunity. Lohan is a mix of potential that keeps getting sucked back down by her trashy upbringing. Its really hard and lonely an scary to walk away from family, I don't Lohan has ever been able to manage it.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:06 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,173,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Don't know whether or not Lawrence did anything to get her break but the whole thing makes me feel sort of sad for Lohan.
She probably looks at Lawrence and thinks that's where I could have been.
In my opinion the big difference btw where Lohan ended up and where Lawrence ended up is Lohan's crap family. Not sure she ever stood a chance. I suspect Oprah was just trying to be nice and give her an opportunity. Lohan is a mix of potential that keeps getting sucked back down by her trashy upbringing. Its really hard and lonely an scary to walk away from family, I don't Lohan has ever been able to manage it.
Lohan started at a younger age and had enormous potential. Yes she has f'd up parents. But so many of her poor choices were made as an adult - and she had plenty of chances to straighten out.

Lawrence started out strong, did a great job, and has continued to stay busy. Instead of going to parties, it seems she is WORKING. She may not be Meryl Streep, but she is not so pretentious. She is so much better an actress than someone like Halle Berry.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:18 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Lohan is such a pathetic person...to be so young and have your best days behind must have made her bitter...

Old 06-01-2014, 01:44 PM

277 posts, read 506,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chum Kiu View Post
Well, here's a time when I have to agree with Lindsay Lohan. She's right. People I know in Hollywood confirm this. Of course she slept for roles to get to where she is today. YES!! She did it. But now, she's at a point in her career that she no longer has to do that. But did she do it earlier, and is Lindsay right? Of course!!
They all slept for roles to get where they are at and continue to sleep for roles if they want the movie and endorsement deals. There's really no point in Hollywood where they don't have to do that anymore. They have to continue to do it if they want to remain in the business.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Lindsay is the last person who should be bad mouthing any other successful actress. She ruined her own career, seems to be failing to stay sober, And had a list kept of who she slept with. She is on her way to doing infomercials, And it's her fault. Jennifer is on fire, No pun intended with a long career ahead.
Lindsay Lohan isn't bad mouthing anyone. She's pointing out with goes on in the business. Every fan of Jennifer Lawrence should know what she had to do to get Oscars and leading roles and it's not because of talent. These young women are robbed of their femininity, womanhood, innocence and strength and in exchanged molested, sodomized, and raped. Don't bad mouth Lindsay because what happened to her isn't her fault as she was a helpless defenseless child with evil people controlling her.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Lohan is such a pathetic person...to be so young and have your best days behind must have made her bitter...
Lohan's parents are such a pathetic people and it's their fault that Lohan is such a pathetic person.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:51 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,661,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoonandStars View Post
Every fan of Jennifer Lawrence should know what she had to do to get Oscars and leading roles and it's not because of talent. These young women are robbed of their femininity, womanhood, innocence and strength and in exchanged molested, sodomized, and raped.
Whoa, whoa, whoa.

I see a lot of accusations here and no proof.

I think it is disgusting that people are saying these things about Jennifer Lawrence based on nothing more than the word of Lindsay Lohan (who may or may not have even said them) and some anonymous poster on City Data.

Molestation and rape are serious charges. I assume you have proof? Have you contacted the authorities?

Old 06-02-2014, 08:00 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,121 times
Reason number 1005 why you could never pay me enough to be famous. The freedom with which people feel entitled to say the vilest things about you is astonishing. Jesus.

Imagine getting up and going to work everyday knowing half the strangers that pass you on the street think they know the most intimate details of your life, and some of them believe every nasty rumor they've ever heard? And you don't know these people from Adam. But they are CERTAIN they know all about you.

Not to mention the judgement of your every move, every look, every hair on your head. look perfect every day of your life or die.

I guess it is worth it for some folks though.

Old 06-02-2014, 01:50 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Nothing new here!
Women and men in Hollywood have been having sex to get ahead since the beginning.
Fire Crotch is just mad that nobody's wants to sleep with her to give her a staring role anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities