Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 09:53 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,778,963 times

Advertisements

Solange is a no-body. Plain and simple. She rides high on her sister's coat tail, and it's quite obvious she enjoys it.

Until that trio comes out and explains why, we'll never know why she attacked Jay Z. However, a few things are certain:

1. No matter what she was upset over, she had NO RIGHT to assault him. None whatsoever.
2. If he was not a gentleman and he had struck her back in retaliation, he would be labeled as a "woman beater."
3. Solange needs her own life and her own career.
4. Solange needs some form of effective counseling (either anger management or just overall psychiatric counseling).
5. Beyonce and JayZ are painfully private, and will never make a public statement concerning what happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 11:16 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,733,079 times
I've never heard of her until this news came up. The one article I read about this incident (on CNN maybe?) actually made Solange sound like a jealous sibling who's envious of her sister's success. The article listed some quotes lifted from Solange's interview where she took a dig at her own sister.

I don't believe for a second that JayZ is treating Beyonce badly. If anything, JayZ showed his class, self control, and his respect for Beyonce by not hitting Solange back. A guy who treats his wife badly would have no qualms to hit back.

Old 05-16-2014, 11:46 AM

1,566 posts, read 2,158,685 times
I totally believe he's capable of treating B badly. Have you heard all the stories about him and his past? He restrained because of the cameras.

That said we still have no idea if she had a reason (although violence is never the answer) or was on something.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:02 PM

145 posts, read 200,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
Solange is a no-body. Plain and simple. She rides high on her sister's coat tail, and it's quite obvious she enjoys it.

Until that trio comes out and explains why, we'll never know why she attacked Jay Z. However, a few things are certain:

1. No matter what she was upset over, she had NO RIGHT to assault him. None whatsoever.
2. If he was not a gentleman and he had struck her back in retaliation, he would be labeled as a "woman beater."
3. Solange needs her own life and her own career.
4. Solange needs some form of effective counseling (either anger management or just overall psychiatric counseling).
5. Beyonce and JayZ are painfully private, and will never make a public statement concerning what happened.
How are you defining a "nobody"? Because if she is one, what does that make you?

Solange has her own child and her own career. She is a very different artist from her sister and has always been. She has her own life and certainly isn't talking about yours like you are hers.

Old 05-16-2014, 03:28 PM

863 posts, read 1,128,992 times
Gotta love the people who say "he must have done something to make her mad" as if that's ok. Had that been the other way around, Jay would be in jail and heavily crucified, especially by women. The double standard is ridiculous.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:20 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,716,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
Gotta love the people who say "he must have done something to make her mad" as if that's ok. Had that been the other way around, Jay would be in jail and heavily crucified, especially by women. The double standard is ridiculous.
Yep.

The only ones with the double standards are females.

Old 05-17-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacao View Post
How are you defining a "nobody"? Because if she is one, what does that make you?

Solange has her own child and her own career. She is a very different artist from her sister and has always been. She has her own life and certainly isn't talking about yours like you are hers.
haha! I just spat out my coffee laughing at this gibberish..

I won't dignify your statements above with any noteworthy response.

I'll say this, however: since you're new, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and not insult you or your childish reply above. If you've enlightened yourself even marginally since starting on city-data, you'll have read several of my other posts, and know that I'm extremely successful, yet have very humble roots.

I don't need to explain myself to you.

The fact remains, she is a low-grade pseudo-celebrity who has chosen to place family business into the public realm. Additionally, If you've ever seen her in interviews, she often comes off as condescending, defensive, and rude. These facts in and of themselves, in addition to what I've posted before, speak volumes to the type of person she is.

Old 05-17-2014, 12:41 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,807,419 times
Solange actually has made a name for herself on the indie music scene, and as a fashionista. She does pretty well in the "cutting edge hipster" realm... Think the music festival/Pitchfork crowd.

She didn't actually chose to place family business in the public realm. The tape was leaked. She waited until the elevator doors closed to go crazy and then stopped when they opened again.

That's said getting physical like that is always wrong IMO.

Last edited by Tinawina; 05-17-2014 at 01:05 PM..

Old 05-17-2014, 01:05 PM

http://okmagazine.com/get-scoop/sola...interview-now/

Old 05-17-2014, 01:05 PM

145 posts, read 200,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
haha! I just spat out my coffee laughing at this gibberish..

I won't dignify your statements above with any noteworthy response.
So what is it that I'm reading right now, if it isn't a response? Or are you simply saying that you don't HAVE a noteworthy response?

Quote:
I'll say this, however: since you're new, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and not insult you or your childish reply above. If you've enlightened yourself even marginally since starting on city-data, you'll have read several of my other posts, and know that I'm extremely successful, yet have very humble roots.
Actually I wouldn't KNOW anything about you from reading your posts since you could be lying about who you are and how successful you are. You are just a screen name as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
I don't need to explain myself to you.
I suppose you don't. Likewise, I don't have to take you seriously.

Quote:
The fact remains, she is a low-grade pseudo-celebrity who has chosen to place family business into the public realm. Additionally, If you've ever seen her in interviews, she often comes off as condescending, defensive, and rude. These facts in and of themselves, in addition to what I've posted before, speak volumes to the type of person she is.
It sounds like they speak volumes about the person you choose to believe she is.

Here are some facts. Solange is more well known and wealthier than you. To be just a low grade pseudo-celebrity, she's certainly got your attention. She doesn't even know you exist, yet her life has made the list of topics that you clearly find worthy of discussion. So again, if she's a nobody what are you? It's a valid question. You also claimed that she should get a career...but she already has one. She recently performed at the New Orleans Jazz Fest, and did a great job, I would add.

"Condescending, defensive, and rude" is exactly how would describe your above tone. Maybe you and her have more in common than you realized. Honestly it sounds as if you're venting in the common way that people do when they are jealous of celebrities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities