U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 02:56 PM

7,778 posts, read 9,626,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
I agree, she's pretty but not beautiful.

I can think of at least 10 other women in Hollywood right now that I think are far more attractive than Angelina Jolie. Like you said....in the eye of the beholder...lol.
Of course there are others. The entertainment industry is full of gorgeous women and men. If not gorgeous, then cute and adorable. Many, many, many, many and many more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 04:02 PM

7,310 posts, read 4,682,508 times
I think what women find attractive in women isn't the same thing as what men find attractive in women. I know more women who find Angelina gorgeous, and many men who find her unattractive. Not sure why that is.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:51 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,026,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I think what women find attractive in women isn't the same thing as what men find attractive in women. I know more women who find Angelina gorgeous, and many men who find her unattractive. Not sure why that is.
This is true. It also depends on how much the woman bases her perception of beauty on what the media says. Guys don't give a rats behind what the media tells them is hot, they're always going to like curves and a voluptuous figure. The only guy I know who loves the skinny anorexic model look is my wannabe actor friend who is totally immersed into Hollywood and drinks the kool aid.

Then again women can be bombarded by images of GQ metro looking men, they'll always still go after the country guy, the street tough guy, guys with an edge, etc. I'm always amazed that with all the pop culture aimed at women how many of then will tell me they would rather find a guy that looks more like Blake Shelton than a super pretty boy GQ model.

So it works both ways

Old 06-08-2014, 07:27 PM

402 posts, read 291,746 times
I think she's beautiful. I really loved how she looked in the movie GIA.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:15 PM

7,310 posts, read 4,682,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
This is true. It also depends on how much the woman bases her perception of beauty on what the media says. Guys don't give a rats behind what the media tells them is hot, they're always going to like curves and a voluptuous figure. The only guy I know who loves the skinny anorexic model look is my wannabe actor friend who is totally immersed into Hollywood and drinks the kool aid.

Then again women can be bombarded by images of GQ metro looking men, they'll always still go after the country guy, the street tough guy, guys with an edge, etc. I'm always amazed that with all the pop culture aimed at women how many of then will tell me they would rather find a guy that looks more like Blake Shelton than a super pretty boy GQ model.

So it works both ways
That kind of explains Kate Upton then. She's just average looking to me, maybe a bit of a moon face, but a lot of men think she's hot.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:39 PM

15,237 posts, read 23,793,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
Which part of that face is average? The nose, the eyes, the lips, or the facial structure?
all average, she doesnt do a thing for me!

Now lets talk about total beauty.

My vote is 100000 percent for "Charlize Theron", NOW your talking total beauty!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-08-2014, 09:33 PM

10,236 posts, read 13,536,365 times
She has never been one of my favorite celebrity beauties. I tend to not like "big faces" on women, and she has a big face. Same with Andie MacDowell. In fact, they share some very similar features except for the eyes.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:52 PM

4,878 posts, read 4,572,221 times
Quote:
Plenty of other women more attractive than her. For one; Salma Hayek, Sofia Vergara, Kate Upton, Nicole Kidman, Jennifer Connelly, etc.
Quote:
It's all about who Hollywood markets as the most attractive. We all know beautiful women in our lives who make the starlets look average. Hollywood takes a pretty woman, dolls get up and markets her as the most beautiful woman in the world and if you don't see that then apparently you don't know beauty.

People forget that Hollywood is a business. Beauty is business.
You are correct, Hollywood is a business and makeup and surgery does wonders.

http://assets-s3.usmagazine.com/uplo...-kunis-640.jpg

http://www.imnotobsessed.com/wp-cont...alma_00_02.jpg

http://cdn02.cdn.justjared.com/wp-co...lly-minute.jpg

http://cms.mumbaimirror.com/portalfi...Kidman-pic.jpg

Old 06-08-2014, 10:24 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,388,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
all average, she doesnt do a thing for me!

Now lets talk about total beauty.

My vote is 100000 percent for "Charlize Theron", NOW your talking total beauty!!!!!!!!!

Now you're talking beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG-- I would so totally swim in the lady pool with Charlize Theron. Yet I rarely see her name mentioned in the HOT or Beautiful category...................astonishing............ ....... she is not only gorgeous but highly intellectual.

Old 06-08-2014, 10:33 PM

20,071 posts, read 13,769,778 times

Nicole Kidman looks like she traded faces with a stranger! I didn't realize she had had that much plastic surgery. Total and complete turn off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities