U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2014, 07:33 AM

7,843 posts, read 11,137,853 times

Advertisements

I was watching Craig Ferguson and he had Kevin Costner on. Ok so first just let me say he had the most amazing pants, creamy buttery suede leather pants. I wonder how much they cost.

But the thing I really noticed was his teeth. Not only were they white which would just be from whitening but they were much more prominent than I remembered. Huge big horsey flashy white smile.
I get the impression he got caps or maybe veneers and they just look too big. This isn't the first celeb to get them and they look a little unnatural. Maybe after the whiteness dulls down it won't looks so noticeable. There was one up and coming young actress who got a lot of flack for hers and I think she got them downsized.
I thought Costner looked fine, but when I googled Kevin Costner teeth I got a lot of links about actors with crooked teeth. But why now?

If celebs can't get someone to give them good caps who can? My dentist wants to do mine and I don't want to look like that! Come to think of it my dentists teeth look a little big

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y231_Dtrj7k

Last edited by Giesela; 06-14-2014 at 07:45 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 09:16 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,364,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I was watching Craig Ferguson and he had Kevin Costner on. Ok so first just let me say he had the most amazing pants, creamy buttery suede leather pants. I wonder how much they cost.

But the thing I really noticed was his teeth. Not only were they white which would just be from whitening but they were much more prominent than I remembered. Huge big horsey flashy white smile.
I get the impression he got caps or maybe veneers and they just look too big. This isn't the first celeb to get them and they look a little unnatural. Maybe after the whiteness dulls down it won't looks so noticeable. There was one up and coming young actress who got a lot of flack for hers and I think she got them downsized.
I thought Costner looked fine, but when I googled Kevin Costner teeth I got a lot of links about actors with crooked teeth. But why now?

If celebs can't get someone to give them good caps who can? My dentist wants to do mine and I don't want to look like that! Come to think of it my dentists teeth look a little big

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y231_Dtrj7k

LOL and thanks for the clip. He does indeed look like he's had some bad dental work done.
Reminded me of the episode of Friends where Ross had his teeth whitened to the point that they glowed under a black light

Old 06-14-2014, 09:25 PM

1,057 posts, read 823,282 times
He's starting to remind me of BB Thorthon a bit. It doesn't look like he got the bottom ones straightened out. Every time there was a close up and I saw those crooked bottom teeth, it was like "you make millions of dollars. go get some invisaligns"

Old 06-15-2014, 08:21 AM

7,843 posts, read 11,137,853 times
Funny!

I had an orthodontist once tell me how much Tom Cruises teeth bugged him. Apparently if you look closely, and I have since then, the center line of his front teeth is off to once side. Drove this guy nuts.

Old 06-15-2014, 11:41 PM

18,093 posts, read 20,052,593 times
In that clip it is more distracting to me his dyed hair and darkened eyebrows he has never had prominent eyebrows like that. He's still a nice looking man at age 59.

So many folks forget as we age our teeth are naturally not bright white so it makes it look even more fake when anybody has bright white teeth.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:40 AM

171 posts, read 228,010 times
Nicolas Cage and Cher are 2 off the top of my head that, to me, looked much better with their real teeth. I know there's someone else, just can't think of them right now.

I think they lose some character when they trade what's natural for what's "perfect". I could understand if someone had really bad teeth or something, but I don't think they did.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:58 AM

12,480 posts, read 14,364,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illini1959 View Post
Nicolas Cage and Cher are 2 off the top of my head that, to me, looked much better with their real teeth. I know there's someone else, just can't think of them right now.

I think they lose some character when they trade what's natural for what's "perfect". I could understand if someone had really bad teeth or something, but I don't think they did.

on the other hand there are some who should have dental work done. Example: Liam Neeson ( amd I love me some Liam N. !!!!!!!!!!) but I saw him doing an interview recently and found myself staring at his lower teeth because they are just in terrible condition.

Old 06-16-2014, 11:44 AM

30,388 posts, read 9,081,069 times
Chiclets. Just like George Clooney, who's always had bad teeth and gums. It certainly makes you wonder what's going on under all that fakery. Yuck.

As for Costner, too bad he didn't get his weak chin fixed.

Old 06-16-2014, 03:01 PM

12,043 posts, read 5,592,884 times
Well, you can tell he had work done just by listening to his voice. He's not used to his new teeth yet. In fact, it's weird but he sounds just like Nicholas Cage.

Old 06-16-2014, 03:09 PM

10,546 posts, read 7,493,026 times
His face is so Botox frozen, he can't move anything except his lips and eyelids.
Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities