Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 06:10 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,970,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
And, at 45, JLo is quickly approaching "The Ick Factor"--despite the fact that she's wearing bullet-proof stockings.

Or, as Guy Ritchie told his then-wife Madonna at around the same age after a performance in which she, too, was half-dressed, "You look like a granny who's past it."
We live not too far from Madonna's NYC townhouse (ok, mansion) and have passed her at least once on the streets of the UES. Trust me when you see her close up even beneath a hat and sunglasses she looks very much like mutton dressed as lamb.

There is only so much plastic surgery and so froth can do before God, nature and genetics take over regardless.

It is the same for many of these older "celebrities" you see, and we have plenty wandering around NYC these days. What you've seen on stage or screen is pulled, lighted, made-up, shot from a distance and or through gauze to death. But up close on the street or in Whole Foods is another matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 10:22 AM

73,010 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoonalt View Post
Daisy Fuentes...
I see that.

And I will add: Jennifer Connelley, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Fran Drescher, Mariah Carey, Tina Fey.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:59 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
We live not too far from Madonna's NYC townhouse (ok, mansion) and have passed her at least once on the streets of the UES. Trust me when you see her close up even beneath a hat and sunglasses she looks very much like mutton dressed as lamb.

There is only so much plastic surgery and so froth can do before God, nature and genetics take over regardless.

It is the same for many of these older "celebrities" you see, and we have plenty wandering around NYC these days. What you've seen on stage or screen is pulled, lighted, made-up, shot from a distance and or through gauze to death. But up close on the street or in Whole Foods is another matter.

I had to laugh about the gauze and the lighting. "Back in the day," many celebs asked to be filmed through "silk screens" to soften the look. With today's high-definition, they must really be freaking out. What I've noticed is the unnatural lighting. You can just tell when they aim the bright lights under their necks!

Old 07-03-2014, 11:00 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,318,167 times
Salma Hayek or Jennifer Aniston.

In fact, I PREFER women that age to women in their 20s. Even though it's more common than I initially thought, it still really appeals to me that a woman would be 40+ and not only look pretty good with respect to not looking old, but to in fact be downright sexy to the point that them wearing a spaghetti-strap dress or tank is easily doable and even a bikini is quite possible. That really appeals to me very greatly.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:08 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,693,489 times
Josh Halloway, Matthew McConaughey...

Old 07-03-2014, 06:42 PM

8,271 posts, read 8,652,996 times
Today I don't think many women look sexy before they are 40. Too many look cute.

In the last century there were many sexy young actresses. I doubt if anyone could look at Sharon Tate and not think she was sexy.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:46 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,970,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I had to laugh about the gauze and the lighting. "Back in the day," many celebs asked to be filmed through "silk screens" to soften the look. With today's high-definition, they must really be freaking out. What I've noticed is the unnatural lighting. You can just tell when they aim the bright lights under their necks!
You have no idea about HD!

Watching some of the local newscasts and have to say since most stations have gone over to HD/digital the lights have gotten brighter (and make-up heavier) for some news readers.

When Rob Powers (sports/Channel7/Eyewitness News) comes on almost have to get out the sunglasses. In particular whatever make-up is used under his eyes makes it look like two white semi-circles.

First became aware of the Vaseline and or gauze camera tricks when watching Dynasty back in the day. To my young mind could not figure out why whenever certain actresses such as Joan Collins had scenes my eyes went "wonky". LOL Then read somewhere about certain tricks cameramen use and have used for decades when dealing with *ahem* older actresses and actors.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:09 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post

I just saw Madonna in Bridgehampton. I agree. She looks terrible.

Naomi Watts looks great. Salma Hayek too.

Old 08-10-2014, 05:26 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,635,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
kate beckinsale

Old 08-11-2014, 01:51 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,793,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Salma Hayek or Jennifer Aniston.

In fact, I PREFER women that age to women in their 20s. Even though it's more common than I initially thought, it still really appeals to me that a woman would be 40+ and not only look pretty good with respect to not looking old, but to in fact be downright sexy to the point that them wearing a spaghetti-strap dress or tank is easily doable and even a bikini is quite possible. That really appeals to me very greatly.

Both Salma Hayek and Jennifer look amazing for their age. In fact, sometimes I think they look better than when they were younger.

They both dress classy too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities