U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 03:30 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,447,649 times

Advertisements

That's too bad because they seemed to be one of those rare Hollywood couples who made it last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 12:57 PM

7,843 posts, read 11,156,945 times
I wonder who Tim Robbins is with these days? Sarandon looks amazing for her age, but that's it isn't it? 'for her age'

If Antonio is dating someone his own age (Sharon Stone?) and if Tim Robbins is too I give them both credit. But I suspect that if either gets married it will be to someone a good 15 yrs younger.
I just don''t see older wealthy interesting desirable men not ending up with women who are at least somewhat younger. I mean, why?
He's what, 55? Melanie is only 3 years older but those fragile skinned skinny blondes don't always age well. There are lot of seriously interesting and mature talented 40 yr olds who look amazing and have younger bodies. Kevin Costner's wife is almost 20 years younger. Not that I would choose to have weekly sex with an old wrinkly hairy man over a hot young person either, if I had the self-confidence for it which I don't. Men are men.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:03 PM

20,071 posts, read 13,769,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I wonder who Tim Robbins is with these days? Sarandon looks amazing for her age, but that's it isn't it? 'for her age'

If Antonio is dating someone his own age (Sharon Stone?) and if Tim Robbins is too I give them both credit. But I suspect that if either gets married it will be to someone a good 15 yrs younger.
I just don''t see older wealthy interesting desirable men not ending up with women who are at least somewhat younger. I mean, why?
He's what, 55? Melanie is only 3 years older but those fragile skinned skinny blondes don't always age well. There are lot of seriously interesting and mature talented 40 yr olds who look amazing and have younger bodies. Kevin Costner's wife is almost 20 years younger. Not that I would choose to have weekly sex with an old wrinkly hairy man over a hot young person either, if I had the self-confidence for it which I don't. Men are men.
Yeah. The old double standard will be at work--I guarantee---when those lads go a -courting!

Old 07-02-2014, 09:07 PM

18,315 posts, read 11,718,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post

Tim Robbins is only twelve years younger than Ms. Sarandon and admitted to the media he went through "mid-life crisis" just a few months before the couple separated. Just to point out the two never married and remained "partners" for their nearly 20 year relationship. To the extent this crisis affected their relationship we shall never know unless one or the other begins talking. Hollywood actor Tim Robbins tells of 'midlife crisis' - Telegraph

Don't think it was an age thing with MG and AB; but more to the real hard work that must go into keeping a marriage going. It does not seem that AB is into drugs, heavy boozing, plastic surgery and so forth. We none of us knows what goes on behind closed doors of the various AB/MG residences, but if MG is half as needy and controlling in private with her husband as she seems to have been in public, that cannot be good for a marriage.

Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas' '$50M divorce' | Mail Online

Divorce among Hollywood celebs is so common it is almost cliché. Those that did not or would not divorce at times caused collateral damage by continuously stepping out on their spouses. Rex Harrison is one such person who is implicated in at least two suicides including Carole Landis.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:52 AM

13,238 posts, read 11,788,732 times
Melanie Griffith isn't attractive anymore, so Antonio decided to move on. Not that he looks good or anything, but I'm just saying.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:06 AM

14,531 posts, read 11,520,915 times
How sad if we all get tossed to the kerb when we get old...

Old 07-04-2014, 10:25 AM

13,135 posts, read 17,679,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
How sad if we all get tossed to the kerb when we get old...
Indeed some men are famous for this .

Old 07-04-2014, 10:59 AM

4,117 posts, read 3,400,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Was only a matter of time and many are surprised MG held onto AB long as she did.

MG stole AB away from his then current wife after seducing him and becoming pregnant. Since marriage MG basically has sat on AB chest in efforts to make sure what went around did not come around.

Almost always whatever film or theatre production AB was filming or performing in MG was there, right up there daily protecting her claim. IIRC when AB was starring on Broadway in the revival of "Nine" MG was backstage every single night of his performance.

When man marries his mistress he creates a vacancy. Any husband that will leave his wife for you will also leave you for someone else.
These are the facts of the obvious and literal house of cards their relationship was built upon. It was skullduggery from the beginning and has come to its logical conclusion. Dreams do come true sometimes and then you wake up.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:47 PM

18,315 posts, read 11,718,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Melanie Griffith isn't attractive anymore, so Antonio decided to move on. Not that he looks good or anything, but I'm just saying.
From what one has read/been hearing AB is a genuine nice guy. Perhaps if MG had not been such a boozer and the rest things may have ended differently. I mean up until the split was announced AB kept going on about wanting to "work" on keeping his marriage alive. This even after last year's gossip about AB being seen/caught with some young woman.

My take is that whatever Melanie Griffith put on AB nearly twenty years ago wore off. But then again it takes two to tango and if you believe things like this (see link) the relationship had run it's natural course far as AB was concerned. The Antonio Banderas Web Mall

Old 07-04-2014, 07:24 PM

13,238 posts, read 11,788,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
My take is that whatever Melanie Griffith put on AB nearly twenty years ago wore off.
Oh I'm sure it did. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or