Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 11:12 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
The world lost Michael Jackson. It was one of those "Where were you when..." moments, such as the time you heard when Elvis Presley, John Lennon and other huge figures left us. In the case of MJ, I was driving when I heard the news...so shocked, I nearly ran off the road!

Michael Jackson: Don't remember, not a fan
Elvis Presley: Don't remember I was 17
John Lennon: Don't remember, not a fan

I'm not star struck but I am also not shocked or depressed when someone I do not know personally dies since death is part of life.
The first two died from a drug overdose, not a good example to be setting when one is so well known. It is unfortunate that the last was murdered by a "fan" which can happen when one's mental state goes from being a fan to being obsessed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 11:58 AM

398 posts, read 470,810 times
I was actually on a Michael Jackson forum that I moderated. It was insane that day, everyone was grieving, and I had to act like it was "just any other day" and moderate as usual, even though I was grieving as well.

Michael may have been an imperfect human being, but he was beautiful in so many ways. I still miss him, and I'm still a fan (although I no longer am an admin on MJ forums.)

Old 07-01-2014, 12:43 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,488,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Michael Jackson: Don't remember, not a fan
Elvis Presley: Don't remember I was 17
John Lennon: Don't remember, not a fan

I'm not star struck but I am also not shocked or depressed when someone I do not know personally dies since death is part of life.
The first two died from a drug overdose, not a good example to be setting when one is so well known. It is unfortunate that the last was murdered by a "fan" which can happen when one's mental state goes from being a fan to being obsessed.
oh we are ashamed to be in your presence oh great one

Old 07-01-2014, 03:50 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,979,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
What I remember was Farrah Fawcett died that same day, but in the morning, it was big news, but that afternoon Michael died and Farrah got pushed to the side
Yes, I remember the same thing..but here in Texas her death was big news.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:02 PM

3,972 posts, read 5,164,729 times
I was more upset upon learning Ronnie James Dio died.

MJ was a talented entertainer, and Thriller is a great album, but his weirdness with children didn't sit right with me.

Old 07-05-2014, 02:02 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,915,922 times
I was much more disappointed in the loss of Farrah Fawcett.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:16 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,342,006 times
Farrah Fawcett was kinda sorta expected. I saw a news report where she looked/sounded tired and weak. It was only a matter of time.

Michael Jackson, a whole different story there! I think everybody was shocked to hear that piece of news!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities