U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 10:24 AM

8,751 posts, read 8,730,743 times

Advertisements

How do you know Ms. Whitfield was not in on the stunt?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 10:33 AM

7,778 posts, read 9,688,430 times
This thread is hilarious. Those who keep on keeping on defending their opinion about Rivers are making it that way. Joan Rivers is a gargantuan success. It's difficult for some to accept that, but that's the way it is. Try to grow up. Walking off the interview is NOT proof she can't take it except in the eyes of her distracters.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:44 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,583,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
This thread is hilarious. Those who keep on keeping on defending their opinion about Rivers are making it that way. Joan Rivers is a gargantuan success. It's difficult for some to accept that, but that's the way it is. Try to grow up. Walking off the interview is NOT proof she can't take it except in the eyes of her distracters.
You must have a funny definition of "gargantuan." And walking off the interview is pretty much exactly that she can dish it but she can't take it. No other explanation needed.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:20 PM

31,039 posts, read 9,276,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
What I have to wonder about is why CNN considers this "breaking news"?

That said, I'll watch the video. Gotta hand it to the old gal....

LOL it's considered "breaking news" by CNN these days because they've changed their "news" model and they're moved towards pop culture coverage.

This is also why they're encountering a problem with advertisers now unwilling to pay their exorbitant fees--that may have been justified when they had a reputation for being "all that" with respect to news. Even when their news coverage deteriorated, they at least still considered themselves a news network. With their latest transformation, however, they've stated that they're moving away from news towards the Kardashians. Advertisers clearly took note.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:40 PM

7,901 posts, read 5,513,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
No, YOU only care that she insulted the Obamas. You're the only one making this an Obama issue.
Haha...true. It's so obvious.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:28 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,458,970 times
I'm no psychic but I foresee this thread being locked up tight soon.
Went from Joan Rivers to Obama quickly--as most conversations with any John Q public tend to nowadays

Old 07-07-2014, 03:29 PM

12,089 posts, read 5,684,624 times
Wait, the disrespectful comedian whose only shtick is to insult others walks off an interview because she considered it disrespectful? Oh the irony.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:52 PM

20,071 posts, read 13,848,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Wait, the disrespectful comedian whose only shtick is to insult others walks off an interview because she considered it disrespectful? Oh the irony.

LOL! Exactly!

There's a word for that:

hypocrite.

Old 07-07-2014, 05:15 PM

4,150 posts, read 3,438,377 times
Default D)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
First people are all upset because she called the First Lady a trannie. Now it's breaking news because she stormed off during an interview? It's Joan Rivers, she's a foul mouth comedian with no filter for close to fifty years and people are taking what she says or does seriously?
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Wait ... this dried up streched out hag makes a living of disrespecting people, and you expect a respectful interview? Why? Apparently she can dish it out but she can't take it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
You know what happens when you assume right? I am a conservative and I think what Joan said is disgusting...to me she is not funny...she is vile. However, it's America and we have free speech
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Correction then...some conservatives here.

I feel the same as you about her. I never could stand her and never thought she was funny.
Originally Posted by thefragile

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
LOL! Exactly!

There's a word for that:

hypocrite.
all of the above!

Old 07-08-2014, 10:47 AM

3,119 posts, read 1,605,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
That is exactly what I was thinking. She has made fun of everybody on the planet and she expects preferential treatment. Go back to "E" and look like a propped up corpse while telling people how stupid they dress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or