Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 11:39 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times

Advertisements

Jamie Lynn Spears, 16-year-old baby sister of Britney Spears, told OK! Magazine during an interview that she is pregnant, TMZ.com reports.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317397,00.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 05:43 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,147,531 times
What the hell is going on with these people? Ugh, 16 and knocked up...at least Britney waited until she was married...that we know of. Might have gotten a few As, and not in school.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:21 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,613,090 times
My 2 cents, they are uneducated girls who never really had a childhood, have been the family bread (and I mean Big bread)winners almost their whole lives,have been 'trained monkeys' dancing away to fill that tin cup, have a gazzilion bucks and no parental supervision( and not much class) I didnt expect anything more from these two then living a life of poor "white trash" with no education and lots of money. Lost little girls are all over Hollywood, always have been.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:27 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,167,662 times
My question is: How will Nickelodeon respond? Right now, she has her own show on there called Zoey 101. If they try to mix in her pregnancy with a plot... I will find a way to block that channel.

Aside from that, nanannie has it right. They are White Trash with money, the entire family is.

Problem is, she and mayn others are idols for the youth of today. Mary Kate and Ashley Olson, Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, Brittney and Jamie Lynn Spears - all of them.

It really reams parents to watch what their kids are watching and the fads. I'm glad my daughter is only 18 months old - trying to explain to a daughter who say... loved Zoey 101 that her idol (Jamie Lynn) is not the picture of perfection and explain why.

Horrible.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:41 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,613,090 times
Actually, its good to let our kids know what they see on tv entertaining them is not a 'picture of perfection'. If they knew all the downsides of celebrity, they wouldnt be so enticed to be the next Brittany. But I agree, curious how Nick. will handle this. A whole bunch of young girls look up to her.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:59 AM

1,271 posts, read 4,023,125 times
As a parent of a daughter who watches this show and as a fan of the show myself, this is so sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Jamie Lynn Spears, 16-year-old baby sister of Britney Spears, told OK! Magazine during an interview that she is pregnant, TMZ.com reports.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317397,00.html

Old 12-19-2007, 08:17 AM

690 posts, read 2,629,798 times
Nickelodeon's statement:

Quote:
"We respect Jamie Lynn's decision to take responsibility in this sensitive and personal situation. We know this is a very difficult time for her and her family, and our primary concern right now is for Jamie Lynn's well being."
She says she is having and keeping the baby, BTW.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:21 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Fantastic! Another unwed teen pregnancy. I cant wait to buy momma Spears' book on parenting. She's done an amazing job with her daughters. 16 years old with her own tv show aimed at kids and she gets pregnant and decides to have the baby. Wow. I wonder if she grew up in a household with both mom and dad.

Usually its a cause for celebration when someone becomes pregnant, but in this case, its really very sad.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:24 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,348,680 times
Of course, she is going to keep the baby. She has $ to. Hopefully other teen girls won't think this is "cool" now. Cause you know the tabs are going to be jumping all over it.

I try and avoid having my kids watch that show anyway. Always thought that the entire premise of the show was unrealistic and questionable.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:24 AM

2,408 posts, read 14,392,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
My 2 cents, they are uneducated girls who never really had a childhood, have been the family bread (and I mean Big bread)winners almost their whole lives,have been 'trained monkeys' dancing away to fill that tin cup, have a gazzilion bucks and no parental supervision( and not much class) I didnt expect anything more from these two then living a life of poor "white trash" with no education and lots of money. Lost little girls are all over Hollywood, always have been.
Agreed. I don't know much about this Jamie-Lynn character, but the thing that has amazed me most about Britney Spears, since even before she became completely insane, back when she first came out even, was just how incredibly vapid she was. Not even in the Jessica Simpson sense of putting on a dumb blonde act, but in the true sense where she just couldn't string a sentence together and seemed to have no formal education whatsoever and no clue of the world around her. That's what happens when parents devote all their energy into turning their children into stars rather than focusing on their academics.

Such a stupid family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities