U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 04:43 PM

12,078 posts, read 21,013,404 times

Advertisements

This. I have had people call/text/write and tell me they saw my posts online.

I was on KABC news in the late 80's, something about my grandpa's birthday.

I was on some Syracuse TV station, some comedy troupe or something was at the zoo, 1993.

I was student of the month for all 7th graders in the Corona-Norco Unified School District, 1996 (made the paper).

Randy Johnson had a rehab start at Class A Everett, and the Everett Herald snapped a pic of him getting his legs stretched. My brother and I are clearly in the background.

6th place at FBLA California state championships in composing business letters, 1999.

I was interviewed by KTTV about an injured WWE wrestler, circa 2000.

I've been seen on WWE Raw/Smackdown/PPV TV events in the crowd numerous times in several cities. Met John Cena before he was famous. Met Chris Benoit before he killed himself and his family. Several other WWE folks as well. Used to submit event reports to Rajah.com (well known pro wrestling website in the late 90's/early 00's).

I've waited on Travis Barker of Blink 182. Ran into him at a strip club in Rialto, CA as well. Delivered pizza to Mark Hoppus's dad.

Met several past/present Colorado Rockies players. Jason Giambi, Ellis Burks, Nolan Arenado, numerous others.

I have one tournament poker cash at the Rio in Las Vegas. A few at Golden Gates in Black Hawk, CO. Several online cashes (Full Tilt, Poker Stars, others).

I met Art Alexakis (lead singer of Everclear) the other day.

I'm sure I'm forgetting plenty. Most proud of my poker and my writing. Need to dedicate myself more to both.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:25 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,997,087 times
I learned to swim off this rock...

Which is famous for this scene...

thats the extent of any fame thats come into my life lol

Unless you count the fact my Stepfather was a guitarist for Eddie Money and my mother dated the drummer from Styx for a little...... again not me though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 02:00 PM

214 posts, read 161,261 times
My picture has been on the front page of a major U.S. big city newspaper! (It was the Austin (TX) American-Statesman back in the mid-90s and they did an article on Dell Computer, and I was pictured on working on the manufacturing line).

Also--the actor William Fichtner (The Perfect Storm; Crash; Prison Break; The Longest Yard) is my cousin and good friend.

I sat next to Alice Cooper on a flight from Austin to Phoenix. (super nice guy!)

Old 08-10-2017, 05:02 PM

121 posts, read 27,622 times
Joey Essex follows me on twitter

Old 08-11-2017, 08:14 AM

7,042 posts, read 6,137,271 times
When trivia contests were all the rage back in the late 1980s, I was on a roll for about a year and a half.

I won a $250 gift certificate in a Queen Victoria trivia contest, a trip for four to Gatlinburg in a public radio station contest, four tickets to the circus for a non-public radio trivia contest, and an umbrella for something or another - I can't remember; it's too trivial!

Old 08-11-2017, 08:19 AM

Also, a couple of the Lennon Sisters sang an unaccompanied version of "Ferdinand the Bull" to me at a convention where they were performing at the closing banquet (I encountered them elsewhere and told them I'd just seen them on a public TV rerun from the late 1950s, singing this song).

I met John Hartford at a traditional music weekend where he led a roundtable - like the Lennons, he was very down-to-earth and approachable - no pretense about any of these three nice people.

Some of my antique toys have won blue ribbons in competition at toy conventions - but the toys won the ribbons, not me!

Old 08-11-2017, 03:26 PM

8,669 posts, read 1,917,382 times
My claim to fame,my daughters.

Old 08-11-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
My claim to fame,my daughters.
Can't rep you right now, but kudos for this post!

Old 08-11-2017, 06:45 PM

1,282 posts, read 522,762 times
As a voice actor I once got a gig as a minor bad guy in a Grand Theft Auto game, 'GTA IV: The Ballad Of Gay Tony'. I'm the voice of a guy you fight in a fight club scene.

Years ago, I performed as a rapper on a song with Chuck D of Public Enemy, on his solo album 'The Autobiography of Mistachuck'. It's ironic to me because Chuck--like myself--is a hard rock/metal head more than anything else.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:03 AM

8,863 posts, read 9,880,282 times
About 15 years ago I was on a weekly local television series for 3 years. Couldn't go anyplace without someone saying "hey you're that guy". Hated it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities