U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 07:26 AM

12,553 posts, read 18,931,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
It is common for molestation victims to deny abuse and/or defend their abuser before admitting the truth. It's classic Stockholm Syndrome behavior.

Jerry Sandusky's adopted son Matt defended his father throughout the pretrial hearings, swore to police and investigators he was never molested. Three days into the trial he broke down and admitted Jerry molested him.
So, you automatically accept that the allegations are true because it appears to be Stockholm Syndrome?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2014, 11:59 PM

398 posts, read 360,069 times
If all these things were true, they would have been proven while MJ was alive.

It's just another money grabber.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:28 PM

12,989 posts, read 5,399,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundofsilence82 View Post
He's been making these claims for two years. I should know, I've been posting about it on a Michael Jackson forum since 2012.

I don't believe Michael was a pedophile, but I do believe it is possible he was gay. Doesn't make a difference to me, I still like his music. All his sins were washed away when he died, anyway, so there's just the good music that is left. '

People that get all bent out of shape about listening to Michael, probably listen to Elvis (who was also a pedophile, as well as a very unbalanced person), James Brown (who was a wife beater), or Jim Morrison (who was a drug addict.)
What evidence do you have that Elvis was a pedophile? I've never heard any allegations against him, nor did he routinely have unrelated boys have sleepovers at his house.

How on earth can you compare a pedophile and a wife beater to a drug addict?

Old 08-11-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I'm not a Jackson fan. This "victim" testified in court that there was no abuse. Now he changes his story. Why? Because MJ can''t defend himself? Something smells funny. Smells like money.
I'm not so sure. Maybe he wasn't ready to come out with allegations when he was asked to testify. Until he made the claim, he seemed to be getting plenty of work doing choreography. He has claimed that he changed his mind about keeping silent when he had his own son. It could be true. I'm sure it would be humiliating to admit something like that. His story is plausible.

Old 08-11-2014, 05:56 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,928,505 times
At the very least, you have to admit Jackson's behavior was peculiar. There are many shy adults out there, I'd say most of them don't find comfort in having sleep overs with young children. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck. The fact that he paid out a $22 million settlement to make his "problem" go away speaks volumes. I wouldn't be surprised if more were privately paid off as well.

Old 08-11-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird82 View Post
At the very least, you have to admit Jackson's behavior was peculiar. There are many shy adults out there, I'd say most of them don't find comfort in having sleep overs with young children. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck. The fact that he paid out a $22 million settlement to make his "problem" go away speaks volumes. I wouldn't be surprised if more were privately paid off as well.
Michael Jackson was weird, definitely. But weird doesn't equal criminal.

Old 08-11-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What evidence do you have that Elvis was a pedophile? I've never heard any allegations against him, nor did he routinely have unrelated boys have sleepovers at his house.

How on earth can you compare a pedophile and a wife beater to a drug addict?
Elvis would attend sleepovers with 13 year old girls when he was in his early 20's. He also had sex with many underage girls after concerts, I think I read that somewhere (his publicist has documented the sleepovers, though...his management was worried about it at the time.)

The only difference is that Elvis was straight, and Michael could have been gay.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:03 PM

5,425 posts, read 3,280,484 times
I call bull, he needs money.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:08 PM

7,800 posts, read 5,448,011 times
MJ had girls that asked to sleep in his bed too but for some reason you only hear about the boys. While most times he slept on the floor or the other room, he gave them his bed. Imo, when asked about sleeping in his bed, I would have told the little crumb snatchers hell no, you can't sleep in my bed...go sleep in one of the other bedrooms. I guess I wasn't as nice as MJ.

And just today I read from a tabloid some fool is claiming MJ wanted to marry him.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird82 View Post
And don't forget the reason given for that pay-out. The prosecutors said the boy could identify certain unusual features about Michael Jackson's penis, so they wanted someone to photograph it for the judge. Now as alarming as that sounds, I still think $22 million and the implication that there could be merit to the suit seems excessive to me. If he were innocent, wouldn't he welcome the opportunity to completely exonerate himself? It seems that there must have been something pretty unique about Michael's junk and it would have made it awkward to explain how the kid had seen it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or