U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 06:41 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,327,718 times

Advertisements

What a terrible loss. Someone who made me laugh, in a upside down world we live in. Someone who appear to have it all, appears to have been depressed and this is so sad. He was such a likeable Man and I understand kind hearted. I will miss him terrible and his craft which was brilliant.

My prayers go out to his Wife for this has got to be a complete utter shock for this women. Thank You Robin for the laughs, but today you have made me very sad. I hope you find the peace you are looking for, you could not it seems find it here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

9,972 posts, read 14,065,796 times
Depression can be a rough boat... So weird though, on the surface you don't think of Robin Williams as someone who'd kill himself, but I guess I never really knew much about Robin Williams as a man. I thought I heard years ago that he's had plenty of alcohol and drug problems over the years. Though a lot of manic comedians have proven to be "sad clowns" on the inside battling their own demons.

I wasn't a fan of everything he made recently(or saw it) but he had a lot of good roles over the years, especially when he worked in more dramatic films(Awakenings, Good Will Hunting, Insomnia, One Hour Photo). RIP, man...

18,677 posts, read 16,483,552 times
Incredible talent. So sad.

Odd as it sounds, I also preferred when he did stuff other than comedy, as it displayed his acting ability. One guest spot I adore is his appearence in a Law and Order SVU episode called authority, where he flawlessly played a troubled engineer defying authority.

I wish this was another hoax.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:42 PM

1,152 posts, read 962,355 times
I'm very sorry to hear it, he was a truly gifted entertainer, one of the funniest people out there.

So sad that a man who made so many millions of people laugh, and brightened their lives with his humor - truly original, off the wall humor - should suffer from depression and eventually succumb to it. There may be something existential in that, but I don't know what it is.

I wish he could have taken comfort in knowing how his humor was valued. Perhaps he did and the comfort was not sufficient.

RIP Robin Williams, your humor will be missed by so many.

Last edited by prosopis; 08-11-2014 at 06:50 PM..

Old 08-11-2014, 06:47 PM

7,843 posts, read 11,178,838 times
No no no no! I always DVR'd talk shows when he was on. I just loved his energy. He seemed more centered since his heart operation and he was clean more than not even though I suspect it was hard. I never got the impression despite some struggles with addiction that he didn't love his family, life, work.

This is so hard to believe? I've never EVER been any kind of conspiracy theorist but.........suicide? WTF? I can't believe it.

He did so much for the troops. He spent more time in Iraq and Afghanistan than any other performer.

So sad for him, he had so much to live for and so many people loved him. Ach. A tragedy. I can't believe that this wasn't a temporary dark point and he would have pulled out of it.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:48 PM

1,526 posts, read 2,293,081 times
lol a millionaire with fame, a family and set for life is depressed. 1st world problems

Old 08-11-2014, 06:49 PM

4,250 posts, read 3,046,809 times
So sad.

It's so ironic that many of the people that bring so much merriment and laughter into our lives are some of the most unhappy ones.

RIP.

Old 08-11-2014, 06:49 PM

14,348 posts, read 12,626,378 times
Just turned on my computer and saw the headline.

Such a shame, tragic.

RIP Robin

Old 08-11-2014, 06:52 PM

51,676 posts, read 12,673,488 times
I just found out the sad news over in the 'Movies' section and am shocked! He was one of the few comics who could make me laugh. All that talent .... What a shame. "Nanu, Nanu!"

Old 08-11-2014, 06:53 PM

13,180 posts, read 17,732,715 times
I don't understand suicide I never will after all you made millions laugh robin RIP I cant believe you are gone .I hope you find peace in Gods hands and arms that you were never able to find here on earth ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or