U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 01:41 PM

5,643 posts, read 5,108,075 times

Advertisements

Recording?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 01:43 PM

5,574 posts, read 5,535,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Recording?
TMZ has the recording of pretty much the whole incident.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:45 PM

5,574 posts, read 5,535,320 times
The officer was polite, didn't try to use force or intimidation, and she FLIPPED OUT. Pulled the race card, started cussing, called daddy, started crying hysterically, talked about her publicist, etc.

Even if someone is going to insist that requesting ID violates their rights, that's CLEARLY not the way to go about it. SHE is 100% responsible for escalating that situation.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:05 PM

191 posts, read 324,245 times
How soon will it be before she's single? i can't imagine any guy being able to put up with that kind of attitude for long.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:20 PM

5,643 posts, read 5,108,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
TMZ has the recording of pretty much the whole incident.

Ooooohhhh... juice. I will listen as soon as I get home!

Old 09-15-2014, 02:23 PM

10,664 posts, read 7,706,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaT2 View Post
All she needed to do was show ID, and it would have been done with. She sounds like a spoiled brat.
Entitlement. Because she's on TV.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:32 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,371,322 times
New audio paints different picture of Daniele Watts incident | www.wsbtv.com

Old 09-15-2014, 07:14 PM

5,903 posts, read 6,354,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
She sat on his lap in a car and made out for a bit (he came to pick her up or something?). Someone saw and told them to get a room LOL. They stopped. They said they were clothed the whole time, just feeling affectionate. Meanwhile someone called the cops thinking they were a prostitute and her John. And that's how it started.

I think it's a classic example of police overreaction. It's the kind of thing you are just supposed to tell the young couple to cut it out and keep it moving. But once she said she wasn't going to show identification they probably got annoyed, plus they didn't believe they were an actual couple. It's all just stupid.

ETA: the whole story is on Buzzfeed with a link to their blog about it. They actually said they were not sure if it was about race but they do feel their rights were violated, or something along those lines.
They were investigating and within their rights to identify all involved. End of non-story.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:39 PM

30,408 posts, read 9,086,867 times
Also, some of the TV talking heads don't know the difference between being detained by the police and being arrested.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:04 PM

6,474 posts, read 13,410,318 times
Ooh the thread has gotten exciting. Honestly, what you would do if you were out with your SO doing PDA (for some reason) and a cop came up to you and said "Can I see your ID?"

My first instinct would be to ask "What the *&%^ for?" But upon spying the GUN, LOL I'd probably comply. But it would be really embarrassing... And I'd be pissed as he!!. If I could collect myself, I'd get his badge number and call my lawyer. Actually I'd probably say "Am I legally required to show you my ID? I've nothing wrong." I'm sure she was rude to the cop, but lest we forget, this is AMERICA.

The Gestapo can't just stop you on the street and demand your papers for no reason. First they will start with this woman in CA and if they get away with it, they'll come for the rest of us.

I've lived in an iffy area and we had a LOT of transvestite prostitutes. I called the police when I saw them picking up johns at 3 AM. They were obviously prostitutes. (BTW I hate to scare straight women, but some of the johns were def not gay...I'm not sure why they were picking up obviously crossdressing streetwalkers... Hugh Grant, anyone. Ronaldo anyone?).

But even in these cases, the cops would just drive by and flash the sirens or something. Even if you suspect someone is a prostitute...you can't LEGALLY STOP and DETAIN them and DEMAND their ID. You can't accost innocent people on the street in this way and infringe on their rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or