Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 10:53 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times

Advertisements

Dim confused. How does one settle in a criminal case? Why didn't the police prove the accusations were true?

Old 11-20-2014, 06:08 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
And here's another one:
Florida woman latest to accuse Cosby of forced sex

So, either this long line of women telling similar stories over a span of many years is the biggest conspiracy since Watergate, and the most intricate conspiracy since Bigfoot killed Vince Foster, or... Bill Cosby is a rapist.

Gee, I wonder which of those it could possibly be?

Old 11-21-2014, 03:46 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,981,359 times
Its so sick... after being initially very skeptical regarding the allegations I am now leaning to not being skeptical since the women who have come forward literally have nothing to gain personally from the allegations. They aren't suing him for money (and in most cases cannot hope to gain anything).

When you lack financial motivation I think you are left with just one other... these people want to hurt him and they must have a reason.. barring something else that hasn't come out yet it would seem to just be to share the truth about him.

It's sick and if these things are true, he needs to have a day of reckoning of some kind.

Old 11-21-2014, 04:07 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post
..........When you lack financial motivation I think you are left with just one other... these people want to hurt him and they must have a reason.. barring something else that hasn't come out yet it would seem to just be to share the truth about him.

It's sick and if these things are true, he needs to have a day of reckoning of some kind.
Does one lack financial motivation in this modern world? Who will pay to have people on talk shows, to write books about them, even do a TV movie about their story?

Further, on "must have a reason"; I constantly run into a similar situation with people who are playing in a secret world, such as being in the closet. Their defense about being a place which might reveal their secret life is usually that anyone there who outed them would be outing themselves.

But they fail to consider alternate lines of thought. Such as that the person who exposes them:

doesn't care what happens to them
does it just for spite or to be mean
is there for some other reason than just playing around (ie, a spy, acting research, something)

Or, ever see the movie "Solar Crisis"? In it, the villain believes the solar flare is false, so he sabotages the mission to save the Earth from being fried. This is rated by some as plot hole since if the flare is false, he should have to do nothing, but if it is real, the villain faces death, along with the rest of the world, if the mission doesn't succeed, so why try to sabotage it?

That's all immaterial because what matters is that he believes his situation (for whatever "reason") and he has the power to put his wants in place.

Long story short, just because an action is not reasonable to the beholder, doesn't mean that the observed doesn't have a reason to proceed.

Old 11-21-2014, 04:11 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Is seems Bill is not beyond reproach and that is his problem for now. His running buddies, Harry Belafonte, Quincy Jones, and Sidney Poitier never had these accusations. It seems Cosby took the sex available to him too seriously , many entertainers have learned to have a little restraint.
I watched a documentary on comedy and it appears in the seventies if you had a good set in a comedy club, you had a room full of women you could pick from to take back to your hotel.

I always thought Cosby was just an okay comic. It would be priceless to hear Joan Rivers chime in on this issue. She once said Cosby walked into a club in " the village" told one joke and got handed a television contract. He and George Carlin didn't speak for a while because Cosby stole a bit from him and it went big and Cosby didn't acknowledge him or pay him for it.
Cosby was lucky enough to be the " Jackie Robinson" of comedy. The industry was looking for a black comic who was not in the mold of Redd Foxx or Dick Gregory. Clean , no politics, no antics just family stuff. It seems his image is more of an act than his comedy.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:24 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,561,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
What is your take on the Lena Dunham/little sister molestation scandal (that's being swept under the rug)? Not being snarky, btw. I'd genuinely like to know.

I don't know about that story.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:30 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,561,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I didn't want to believe it because as a kid, the Cosby show was my favorite. It was so funny and innocent.
I've heard a number of people say this. This is a sad state of affairs if we can't learn to separate reality from fiction. All cosby did on TV and on stage was a persona. Unfortunately, people get caught up into that persona and believe that it reflects the real person. I know some actors who get type-cast into roles as the bad guy aren't very popular. Yet, their personal lives can be completely opposite.

View every celebrity as your next door neighbor who just has a job on TV. That may help us to grasp just a little more reality about celebs.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:54 AM

29,508 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Interesting how Al Sharpton is quite muted in regards to this situation. Jesse Jackson is nowhere to be found.

Hmm, I wonder why....

Al Sharpton: Bill Cosby ‘has to answer to someone’ | Page Six

Old 11-21-2014, 08:17 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Well lets hope this IS NOT TRUE!!

Old 11-21-2014, 08:23 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
Oh well then it must be true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities