Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2014, 05:20 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times

Advertisements

If he thinks picking one woman to sue will make the rest disappear, he's wrong.

And, again, I don't get the pop-culture obsession in this country (an obsession he and his entourage counted on and took advantage of). The latest woman, who was 15 at the time she claims to have been molested, said she woke up and, in her stupor, said "Dr. Huxtable?"

Huh? Memo to America: These people are playing characters on TV. Bill Cosby is NOT a doctor. And contrary to what the media have been parroting, he wasn't "a member of my family" and I didn't invite him into my living room once a week. It was a dang TV show, for crying out loud.

Enough with the celebrity worship!

Old 12-04-2014, 05:21 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,237,998 times
Bill Cosby is FIGHTING BACK! These women are looking for a payday, nothing more. If someone raped me, I wouldn't wait 35 years to speak up! Especially some of these women who continued to have a relationship with him. Ridiculous!

Bill Cosby launches legal action against Judy Huth who claims he sexually assaulted her | Daily Mail Online

Old 12-04-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
Bill Cosby is FIGHTING BACK! These women are looking for a payday, nothing more. If someone raped me, I wouldn't wait 35 years to speak up! Especially some of these women who continued to have a relationship with him. Ridiculous!

Bill Cosby launches legal action against Judy Huth who claims he sexually assaulted her | Daily Mail Online

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:37 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,561,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post

You wouldn't know what you would do if you were raped. It depends on the situation and by whom. It's easy to talk about what we WOULD do. Not so easy when you're living it.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:29 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
The number of women alleging sexual abuse of one form or another by Bill Cosby now totals 26.
Timeline: Abuse Charges Against Bill Cosby -- Vulture

And yet there are still people who cling to the fantasy that it is more likely that 26 women are all lying in impressive coordination for no clear purpose, than the very simple notion that the guy who pretended to be the kindly Dr. Huxtable man is a rapist.

Let's visualize, shall we?

26:

or, 1:

Gee, yeah, which is more likely, a single rapist lying to cover up his crimes, or twenty-six women, all lying with no apparent collusion nor with any clear reason to tell such tales beyond the fact that they happened, and all telling compellingly-similar stories? Real head-scratcher there... not...

On a side note, here's an interesting article:
Bill Cosby’s Fall From Among The Most-Trusted Celebrities To The Least | FiveThirtyEight

Old 12-05-2014, 09:23 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
If he thinks picking one woman to sue will make the rest disappear, he's wrong.

And, again, I don't get the pop-culture obsession in this country (an obsession he and his entourage counted on and took advantage of). The latest woman, who was 15 at the time she claims to have been molested, said she woke up and, in her stupor, said "Dr. Huxtable?"

Huh? Memo to America: These people are playing characters on TV. Bill Cosby is NOT a doctor. And contrary to what the media have been parroting, he wasn't "a member of my family" and I didn't invite him into my living room once a week. It was a dang TV show, for crying out loud.

Enough with the celebrity worship!
Yeah, well, I pretty much agree with you. However, I do have to remind you (again) that Bill actually IS a doctor! In 1976, Cosby earned a Doctor of Education degree from the University of Massachusetts Amherst. So technically, the man is a doctor. At the very least, he's an educator/teacher--which is why I think he's been held in higher esteem than most entertainers. He's also authored some books on marriage, etc. As much as I agree with you, I think you're also over simplifying and underestimating who Bill is.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Yeah, well, I pretty much agree with you. However, I do have to remind you (again) that Bill actually IS a doctor! In 1976, Cosby earned a Doctor of Education degree from the University of Massachusetts Amherst. So technically, the man is a doctor. At the very least, he's an educator/teacher--which is why I think he's been held in higher esteem than most entertainers. He's also authored some books on marriage, etc. As much as I agree with you, I think you're also over simplifying and underestimating who Bill is.

Lol, I doubt that's what that kid was referring to.

Also, don't get me started on doctorates. Unless someone's a medical doctor, s/he's not a doctor to me.

Old 12-05-2014, 12:31 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
The number of women alleging sexual abuse of one form or another by Bill Cosby now totals 26.
Timeline: Abuse Charges Against Bill Cosby -- Vulture

And yet there are still people who cling to the fantasy that it is more likely that 26 women are all lying in impressive coordination for no clear purpose, than the very simple notion that the guy who pretended to be the kindly Dr. Huxtable man is a rapist.

Let's visualize, shall we?

26:

or, 1:

Gee, yeah, which is more likely, a single rapist lying to cover up his crimes, or twenty-six women, all lying with no apparent collusion nor with any clear reason to tell such tales beyond the fact that they happened, and all telling compellingly-similar stories? Real head-scratcher there... not...

On a side note, here's an interesting article:
Bill Cosby’s Fall From Among The Most-Trusted Celebrities To The Least | FiveThirtyEight
Wow, sad, pathetic. I doubt 26 women would be making it up. Wonder about his co-conspirators or co-dependents who knew and said nothing. They're even worse IMO!! And, his wife, wow. I'd be out of there...after I contacted a good divorce attorney.

Old 12-05-2014, 04:58 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati
Ya right and they ALL COME OUT @ THE SAME TIME?????

Its all a scam.... NOTHING MORE!!

Old 12-05-2014, 06:32 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Ya right and they ALL COME OUT @ THE SAME TIME?????

Its all a scam.... NOTHING MORE!!
Where are his co-workers speaking on his behalf? His friends? I wonder why they are silent on what a great guy he was back in the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities