Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2014, 06:47 AM

997 posts, read 1,060,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post

Hell, it's possible even Bill Cosby himself doesn't believe he's a rapist.
Precisely. In his mind, he might not see what he's done as being wrong or immoral, because "that's just the way things were" back in the day. With celebrity also comes the notion that one is above the law, so even if he had an inkling that what he was doing was wrong, because he is a powerful celebrity he quite possibly believes that he can do and get away with anything. That's what money and power is, yes?

And for the record, I do believe he did drug and rape many, if not all of the women who have come forward thus far.

What does Beverly Johnson possibly have to gain by coming forward now? The man is despicable.

Old 12-16-2014, 08:17 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,565,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
A lot of these rape cases involving drunkenness can be avoided if people simply made better judgement calls. You if can't handle the alcohol then maybe you shouldn't be drinking to the point of where you pass out and don't remember anything, which can put you in a bad position you be assaulted or raped. If more people had common sense and took more responsibility, then we wouldn't see so much cases involving rape caused by alcohol.
Here's an idea. If you're a dude and you're around a woman who is drunk, don't stick your junk in her. Novel idea. I know. You're blaming the victim for lack of judgement, but then don't judge men who rape incapacitated and defenseless women. Those men are sick cowards who probably couldn't get laid otherwise. Yet, women shouldn't put themselves in those situations. Here's one better, if you're near a drunk woman, walk away. How's that? No one gets hurt.

Last edited by adelphi_sky; 12-16-2014 at 08:44 AM..

Old 12-16-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I think none of them are telling the truth. Until he is proven guilty, I won't believe and rape victim in this scenario.
Okay. So, if someone stole your wallet and beat you over the head with a 2x4, yet that person got away and the cops couldn't find him. Is that person innocent until caught? Even though you physically witnessed this person knocking you over the side of your head. Would you presume that person innocent until he's in handcuffs? Who's to say you didn't fall and hit your head and as you fell you lost your wallet? Your word against the perp's right? Because there's only one side to the story, do you just wipe the event from memory as if it didn't happen? Are you, the victim, considered a liar then?

The point is, lot's of crime occurs and no one gets caught or pays any consequences. It doesn't mean that crime didn't take place. I think people are twisting the whole innocent until proven guilty in this case the wrong way. Usually, when a group of people provide corroborating eyewitness accounts, that is sufficient. If 23 people came forward and said that a guy hit them over the head with a 2x4 and took their wallet, that's corroborating eyewitness evidence that proves your account. It would be pretty hard for that guy to deny he did it if 23 people came forward and identified him as the assailant who hit them with a 2x4 and stole their wallet. Why is it different in this case? Because they are all women?
Quote:

It doesn't take a college degree to have common sense. Keeping silent about an alleged rape or taking "hush up money" will only hurt you in the long run. It is the responsibility of the victim to take action because you can't expect the rapists to come forward. That would be like expecting a murderer to turn himself in and admit the crime. Of course that doesn't happen very often.
Again, how about the responsibility of the rapist not to rape? And wouldn't it hurt the person who provides the hush money? Wouldn't there be questions of why would you pay a settlement if you're innocent? Apparently those who pay hush money don't feel they can win in court. That's worse according to public opinion. And Bill Cosby has enough money for high-powered lawyers who could afford a lengthy court case. I know if I was accused of rape and I had millions, I'd use every last penny to defend my name. so, in that sense, isn't it the responsibility of Bill Cosby NOT to pay hush money and to clear his name?
Quote:

What do you expect me to say about that? People cheat on their spouses all the time. Bill Cosby isn't the only celebrity to do that. That alone isn't enough to put someone in jail for.
No. But it certainly doesn't help his case either if he's a known philanderer while also being married.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:06 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,648,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I've wondered how men like Cosby attract women with Camilles strength of character?
Isn't she the slightest bit repulsed or is this denial?

He is a kind man, a generous man, a funny man, and a wonderful husband, father and friend. He is the man you thought you knew."

Bill Cosby's wife Camille releases statement in support of husband
She's got a long road in front of her. Interesting choice of words. "He is the man you thought you knew." Why would you say that unless you are thinking, deep down, (subconsciously) this ain't the man I know!! She's got to be going through the ringer right now--to have been married that long and this all comes up.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:17 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,549,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
She's got a long road in front of her. Interesting choice of words. "He is the man you thought you knew." Why would you say that unless you are thinking, deep down, (subconsciously) this ain't the man I know!! She's got to be going through the ringer right now--to have been married that long and this all comes up.
I questioned the quoted remark for a minute as ruth4truth did, bit of a Freudian slip there.

Camille reminds me a lot of Hillary Clinton and Dottie Sandusky, imprisoned Jerry Sandusky's wife.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:35 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,549,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
If you have lived a life you will have hurt people along the way. Particularly those relating to intimacy. Once you have years and time for reflection you never want to talk about them. I think we all have yellow fever skeletons buried in some canal locks somewhere.
Sure, many of us have done things we reflect on and would rather forget....this isn't a one time deal like having an affair you regret, swept away with a spouses forgiveness. Do you really think criminal drugging and raping women would fall into this category? He's lived a double life and black listed by universities and the industry that made him famous. Cosby would rather have it said that he resigned than face another humiliating removal. In Cosby's mind, he's not guilty of rape.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:47 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,993,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Here's an idea. If you're a dude and you're around a woman who is drunk, don't stick your junk in her. Novel idea. I know. You're blaming the victim for lack of judgement, but then don't judge men who rape incapacitated and defenseless women. Those men are sick cowards who probably couldn't get laid otherwise. Yet, women shouldn't put themselves in those situations.
I'm not lewtting men off the hook. It's common knowledge that you shouldn't rape anyone.

Quote:
Here's one better, if you're near a drunk woman, walk away. How's that? No one gets hurt.
That's pretty hard to do if you're at a bar or nightclub. I'm not saying that people shouldn't drink alcohol, all I'm saying is that people need to be make more responsible decisions. If you're drinking to the point where you will pass out and leave yourself vulnerable to potential predators then maybe you should drink a little less alcohol. Of course if someone stills wants to do that then that's their right but don't be surprise if one day one of these guys decides to take advantage of you.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:05 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,993,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Okay. So, if someone stole your wallet and beat you over the head with a 2x4, yet that person got away and the cops couldn't find him. Is that person innocent until caught? Even though you physically witnessed this person knocking you over the side of your head. Would you presume that person innocent until he's in handcuffs? Who's to say you didn't fall and hit your head and as you fell you lost your wallet? Your word against the perp's right? Because there's only one side to the story, do you just wipe the event from memory as if it didn't happen? Are you, the victim, considered a liar then?
Someone stealing your wallet is a lot less complicated then charging someone with rape. Stealing someone's personal belongings is wrong but raping someone is a worse crime. Some cases are more blatantly obvious than others.

Quote:
The point is, lot's of crime occurs and no one gets caught or pays any consequences. It doesn't mean that crime didn't take place. I think people are twisting the whole innocent until proven guilty in this case the wrong way. Usually, when a group of people provide corroborating eyewitness accounts, that is sufficient. If 23 people came forward and said that a guy hit them over the head with a 2x4 and took their wallet, that's corroborating eyewitness evidence that proves your account. It would be pretty hard for that guy to deny he did it if 23 people came forward and identified him as the assailant who hit them with a 2x4 and stole their wallet. Why is it different in this case? Because they are all women?
1. He's a celebrity
2. People can potentially make money off of him.(aka court settlement, hush money, etc.)
3. The timing of the accusations.
4. People will do anything to get famous or stay relevant.

Quote:
Again, how about the responsibility of the rapist not to rape? And wouldn't it hurt the person who provides the hush money? That's worse according to public opinion. And Bill Cosby has enough money for high-powered lawyers who could afford a lengthy court case. I know if I was accused of rape and I had millions, I'd use every last penny to defend my name. so, in that sense, isn't it the responsibility of Bill Cosby NOT to pay hush money and to clear his name?

No. But it certainly doesn't help his case either if he's a known philanderer while also being married.
You're always going to have people that commit crime. You can't stop it. You'll always going to have murders, rapists, and child molesters. The best you can do is punish them when they break the law.

Quote:
Wouldn't there be questions of why would you pay a settlement if you're innocent? Apparently those who pay hush money don't feel they can win in court.
Not necessarily. It could be more about finance. It would be a better financial decision to settle out of court than to have a long and lengthy trial that will cost them a lot more money in the long run. It's more of a business decision for some people. Just because they are rich doesn't mean they like to waste money.

Old 12-16-2014, 11:05 AM

This is for all the dudes who ask why didn't these women go directly to the police after they discovered they had been raped by someone they trusted.

Imagine:

You and your co-worker are good buddies. You've been working together for 15 years. You guys hang out on occasion during the week for happy hour. Both of you are married. You've met his wife and he has met yours. You're at the annual Christmas party at a hotel. He hands you a drink. You start to feel nauseated. He tells you he has a room at the hotel just in case one of you gets blasted and has to sleep it off. He gives you the key. You enter the room to sleep it off. Next thing you know, you wake up and your co-worker, your buddy, who you trust, is behind you both of you naked.

Now, run and tell THAT! lol Run and tell everyone you know that your buddy at work, who your co-workers have seen hang out more than once, who saw you willingly take a hotel key from your co-worker. Imagine how well that will go over with police. Your word against his right? Your co-worker: "I thought he wanted to. He went up to my room. He was there with his clothes off. He didn't say no." Your word against your co-workers.

Now, if you REALLY think you have the fortitude under all of that speculation to go to the police, then you're lying. You'd sit on it and think it through for a long time. Perhaps days, months, or even years.

Now, think about the position the women were in. Bill Cosby is powerful. Hollywood loves him. You were seen at his house. The wait staff saw you drinking a latte or a glass of wine. You wake up naked with Bill Cosby on top of you. Who do you think would believe that you didn't consent?

Old 12-16-2014, 11:11 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Cosby, allegedly, put stuff in their drink. That has nothing to do with "getting drunk."
I wasn't talking about the Cosby case. I was responding to a slight digression in the discussion. Different context.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities